Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yes - I am.
    And you are a mindless drone who refuses to examine ALL the facts. Keep sucking the tit of the mainstream media, Jim. You'll never survive without them.

And you are clearly one of those clueless as to what is actually happening and it's importance to the history of the nation and our capacity to reign in a rogue president.
    Oh noes!! The sky is falling Chicken Little!!! You're hysterical, Jim, and unhealthily so.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sorry CP. What we see here is the undoing of two of the most critical elements of our republic. The threat of impeachment of a president for wrongdoing has been stripped of it's power, and the concept the president is not above the law has been swept under the rug. And people like yourself are so wrapped up in your war against liberal ideals that you are blind to the consequences of your 'end justifies the means' approach to solving the problems you perceive.
      Chicken Little called. He said he’s suing you for copyright violations because he’s the only one able to freak out over the sky falling.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

...And people like yourself are so wrapped up in your war against liberal ideals ...
        And, seeing that the MAJORITY of my week is spent with our local shelter, assistance to the poor, ministerial association agenda (where I'm clearly the minority, both racially, theologically and politically) I'm gonna have to say that you, sir, are chock full of bovine excrement still hot and wet and stinky.

Hate less, Jim, and try to do something productive.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What I'm gathering from commentary here and in various other venues is that those suffering from paranoid delusions like oxmixmudd are not confident that the Democrats will be able to make their case in the 24-hours allotted to them for opening arguments.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            What I'm gathering from commentary here and in various other venues is that those suffering from paranoid delusions like oxmixmudd are not confident that the Democrats will be able to make their case in the 24-hours allotted to them for opening arguments.
            Yeah, it's like a refusal to admit "ok, maybe we rushed too much and built a really weak case, so we need to have another go at it..."

But WAIT!!!! Maybe Schiff can finally bring out this mountain of absolutely overwhelming evidence he keeps threatening he has hidden away!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              For the first time in the history of our nation, impeachment has become ENTIRELY partisan.
              Even Johnson's impeachment, which is widely regarded as a textbook example of Congress abusing the impeachment clause, passed by a large bipartisan margin.

Comment

Check out this big fat dose of hypocrisy from Shifty Adam Schiff:

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the other House impeachment managers sent a letter Tuesday to White House Counsel Pat Cipollone seeking to disqualify him from representing President Donald Trump at the Senate trial.

The argument: because the articles of impeachment allege Trump committed “obstruction of Congress” by following legal advice to decline subpoenas, the lawyer who advised him is a “material fact witness.”

The letter argues: “Evidence indicates that, at a minimum, you have detailed knowledge of the facts regarding the first Article and played an instrumental role in the conduct charged in the second Article. The ethical rules generally preclude a lawyer from acting as an advocate at a trial in which he is likely also a necessary witness.”

The response from Trump's legal team is obvious and predictable:

"[T]he House’s factual investigation was supervised by an interested fact witness, Chairman Schiff, who—after falsely denying it—admitted that his staff had been in contact with the whistleblower and had given him guidance. See Part II.C. These three fundamental errors infected the underpinnings of this trial, and the Senate cannot constitutionally rely upon House Democrats’ tainted record to reach any verdict other than acquittal."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...achment-trial/

Comment

[...] I'm gonna have to say that you, sir, are chock full of bovine excrement still hot and wet and stinky.

I hope I am not the only one noticing someting a little absurd about this post...
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

And, seeing that the MAJORITY of my week is spent with our local shelter, assistance to the poor, ministerial association agenda (where I'm clearly the minority, both racially, theologically and politically) I'm gonna have to say that you, sir, are chock full of bovine excrement still hot and wet and stinky.

Well preacher, shall we note which of us is not casting aspersions on the usefulness of the other person's life outside TWEB?

And shall we also note who it is that is tooting their own horn about what they do with their time outside TWEB?
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Well preacher, shall we note which of us is not casting aspersions on the usefulness of the other person's life outside TWEB?

And shall we also note who it is that is tooting their own horn about what they do with their time outside TWEB?
                      Sayeth the same man accusing his fellow Christians of not being True ChristiansTM for not being in 24/7/365 rage mode.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

A trial without evidence is not a trial. It will be as close to that as McConnell can manage.

One hopes this is a low point in American history, but I am confident that Republicans can go lower.
                        Last edited by firstfloor; 01-21-2020, 12:58 PM.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          A trial without evidence is not a trial. It will be as close to that as McConnell can manage.

One hopes this is a low point in American history, but I am confident that Republicans can go lower.
                          The incredibly partisan House Demomcrats, having failed to put together a strong case, after declaring how "overwhelming" it was, now want a do-over.

Comment

The incredibly partisan House Demomcrats, having failed to put together a strong case, after declaring how "overwhelming" it was, now want a do-over.
                            You are all Landgrebe Republicans now.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              You are all Landgrebe Republicans now.
                              I'm an Independent.

Comment

So far, Schiff is droning on and on, reading (and stumbling through) his script, putting occasional weird "emphasis inflections" from time to time, complaining about the fairness of the process, having totally screwed up the process in the House.

Comment