Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Press restrictions?
    We witness the death of American democracy.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Press restrictions?
    We witness the death of American democracy.
    Meh..... This is a SHOW TRIAL.... the Democrats want the press there for their antics.

Are the Press totally EXCLUDED, or are they limiting it to a "press pool"?

And I'm watching it LIVE.... why do I need some pinko commie liberal press person telling me what they think is going on?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A trial without evidence is not a trial. It will be as close to that as McConnell can manage.

One hopes this is a low point in American history, but I am confident that Republicans can go lower.
    Seriously? Your own royalty is quitting...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Meh..... This is a SHOW TRIAL.... the Democrats want the press there for their antics.

Are the Press totally EXCLUDED, or are they limiting it to a "press pool"?

And I'm watching it LIVE.... why do I need some pinko commie liberal press person telling me what they think is going on?
    You are watching McConnell-vision. I am reading a blog.

“Whether we have a fair trial will determine whether you have a basis to render a fair and impartial verdict,” the California Democrat says.
    Good point wasted on the Republican controlled Senate.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are watching McConnell-vision. I am reading a blog.
    No, I'm watching the proceedings live --- you're swallowing squirrel poop, my friend.

That second "quote" of yours dishonestly makes it appear that I said that. I'm sure that is not your intent.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I'm watching the proceedings live --- you're swallowing squirrel poop, my friend.

That second "quote" of yours dishonestly makes it appear that I said that. I'm sure that is not your intent.
    Are you claiming not to be a California Democrat?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you claiming not to be a California Democrat?
    I am.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wow, Schumer is calling for an amendment asking for Chief Justice to be instructed to issue subpoenas for..... just about anything that may have happened anywhere in the world at any time!!!!

(OK, that's obviously a stretch, but SHEEEEEESH.... this is a fishing expedition for materials they should have obtained PRIOR to the presentation of "an overwhelming case".)

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wow, Schumer is calling for an amendment asking for Chief Justice to be instructed to issue subpoenas for..... just about anything that may have happened anywhere in the world at any time!!!!

(OK, that's obviously a stretch, but SHEEEEEESH.... this is a fishing expedition for materials they should have obtained PRIOR to the presentation of "an overwhelming case".)
    The White House has refused to turn over any subpoenaed documents to Congress and has argued in court that the Judiciary has no involvement in such disputes.

I assume that you're mad at the Trump administration for not complying with congressional subpoenas, even as it releases some of those documents to private organizations through FOIA? I assume you consider that ... obstructive?

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    A trial without evidence is not a trial. It will be as close to that as McConnell can manage.

One hopes this is a low point in American history, but I am confident that Republicans can go lower.
    You're parroting Chuck Schumer, and it's a stupid argument. The House managers will be free to present every piece of evidence they gathered during the two-part impeachment inquiry. Complaints like yours and Chuck's seem to be an implicit concession that the evidence on hand is insufficient to support the accusations.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

12. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.