Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I am.
    Yeah, I didn’t think so. For the record, l hereby advise all readers that the quotation above was taken by me from a blog quoting the heroic Schiff. Which blog, I don’t know.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    You are watching McConnell-vision. I am reading a blog.
    By the way, I'm actually watching the very fair and balanced extremely impartial George Stephanopoulos' presentation of the Senate Trial.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, I didn’t think so. For the record, l hereby advise all readers that the quotation above was taken by me from a blog quoting the heroic Schiff. Which blog, I don’t know.
    Laughing. I appreciate your willingness to revise and extend your remarks, and the clarity with which you declare your ignorance of the source of the material.

You, sir, are a treasure.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The White House has refused to turn over any subpoenaed documents to Congress and has argued in court that the Judiciary has no involvement in such disputes.
    Trump's legal dream team has this covered.

The House impeachment inquiry resolution failed to authorize hearings that had already happened. The resolution of October 31 “directed” House committees “to continue their ongoing investigations” into the president. However, the White House notes (emphasis added), “the Resolution did not purport to retroactively authorize investigative efforts before October 31.” Subpoenas that were invalid before October 31 therefore remained invalid.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...278#post704278
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The White House has refused to turn over any subpoenaed documents to Congress and has argued in court that the Judiciary has no involvement in such disputes.

I assume that you're mad at the Trump administration for not complying with congressional subpoenas, even as it releases some of those documents to private organizations through FOIA? I assume you consider that ... obstructive?

--Sam
    I'm not mad at anybody, Sam. God is good!

ETA: And, what MM said!

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are watching McConnell-vision. I am reading a blog.

Good point wasted on the Republican controlled Senate.
    on the contrary they will look at the evidence the DEMOCRATS bring forth and rightfully find that third and fourth hand hearsay and opinion proves nothing. If the Democrats really thought he'd done something wrong they would have waited on the courts to rule about executive privilege as was done with Nixon and Clinton. this is just the Democrats acting like whiny children because they did not get their way in 2016
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-21-2020 at 01:57 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not mad at anybody, Sam. God is good!

ETA: And, what MM said!
    An impeachment vote is not necessary for congressional committees to issue valid subpoenas, as those committees already have subpoena power.

Mountain Man has had this explained before and neither he nor anyone else has ever put forth an actual legal argument for why congressional subpoenas during an impeachment inquiry require a preceding vote. He'll never give up a talking point, even if patently false, but that doesn't mean you have to latch onto such nonsense.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The woman who is speaking now (or was about 20 minutes ago if she's not still speaking) was making some good valid points, but, for CRYIN' OUT LOUD, she can't READ!!! She keeps stumbling over her words like she's too passionate or fired up to think clearly, and it's really annoying.

It's like these people were given scripts written by other people, and they haven't had a chance to look them over yet.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interesting -- Apple has to get into EVERYTHING....

Senators bend the rules by wearing Apple Watches to Trump trial

I think by any means of common sense, Apple watches would qualify under "phones or electronic devices" not allowed in the Senate Chamber, as many Apple watches include cellular communications, allowing them to operate even if the associated iPhone is far away, or even turned off.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interesting -- Apple has to get into EVERYTHING....

Senators bend the rules by wearing Apple Watches to Trump trial

I think by any means of common sense, Apple watches would qualify under "phones or electronic devices" not allowed in the Senate Chamber, as many Apple watches include cellular communications, allowing them to operate even if the associated iPhone is far away, or even turned off.
    It would be pretty obvious if someone was trying to use the watch for communicating though. And you can't really text or send emails either. It just has some canned responses you can send, there isn't a keyboard (at least not on mine). But I guess they could receive texts and emails.