Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If Vindman wasn't too cowardly to blow the whistle himself then he should have worked within his chain of command, not leaked privileged information to an unauthorized third-party. Trump has every right, one might even say moral obligation to remove an admitted leaker from the White House.
    Vindman testified under oath that he never leaked the call to anyone outside the chain of command. He spoke to two people within the chain of command, two people with "the need to know" one being George Kent and the other not revealed by instruction of his attorney. You are merely speculating.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Vindman testified under oath that he never leaked the call to anyone outside the chain of command. He spoke to two people within the chain of command, two people with "the need to know" one being George Kent and the other not revealed by instruction of his attorney. You are merely speculating.
      The second was Eric Ciaramella who is clearly not in Traitor Vindman's chain of command. He also lied under oath when he said he didn't know the identity of the whistle blower.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The second was Eric Ciaramella who is clearly not in Traitor Vindman's chain of command. He also lied under oath when he said he didn't know the identity of the whistle blower.
        Like I said, you're speculating and Vindman testified under oath to the contrary. So, carry on with your speculation.

Comment

Like I said, you're speculating and Vindman testified under oath to the contrary. So, carry on with your speculation.
          Nope. We know who the whistle blower is, and we know Vindman leaked to him.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....er_120996.html

Comment

No you don’t; that is pure right wing nutter conspiracy theory. There is zero evidence in your favour.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Yup. Schiff's committee accidentally released some testimony without his name being redacted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yup. Schiff's committee accidentally released some testimony without his name being redacted.
                The conspiracy theory is that Vindman leaked classified information in violation of the espionage act. The advice being given by respectable lawyers to those who hold that view is prove it or shut up.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  The conspiracy theory is that Vindman leaked classified information in violation of the espionage act. The advice being given by respectable lawyers to those who hold that view is prove it or shut up.
                  You know, there's a reason the Democrats were deadset against having Ciarmella testify.

Comment

You know, there's a reason the Democrats were deadset against having Ciarmella testify.
                    You know, there is a reason that people like you were deadset against having witnesses testify at the Senate trial, including witnesses for the defense. There is no evidence that Ciaramella was the whistleblower other than the assertions of right wing pundits, but they could have subpoenaed him to testify at trial to clear that whole issue up, yet they refused to do so. And those of us who aren't blinded by our bias know why that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      What testimony woulod that be exactly?

Comment

You know, there is a reason that people like you were deadset against having witnesses testify at the Senate trial...
                        What are you talking about? I would have loved to have seen Shifty Schiff, Quid Pro Joe, Hunter, and Ciarmella grilled by Trump's all-star defense team. What would have been bigger, Schiff's eyes bugging out of his head, or the sweat rolling down his face?

But it's a moot point since the House managers failed to convinced a majority of Senators that more evidence was needed to render a verdict of not guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          What a pathetic response.
                          Exactly what your post deserved.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What are you talking about? I would have loved to have seen Shifty Schiff, Quid Pro Joe, Hunter, and Ciarmella grilled by Trump's all-star defense team. What would have been bigger, Schiff's eyes bugging out of his head, or the sweat rolling down his face?

But it's a moot point since the House managers failed to convinced a majority of Senators that more evidence was needed to render a verdict of not guilty.
                            House Managers argued for witnesses, republicans denied witnesses-case closed. Republicans didn't want the truth to come out for their naive constituents (that's you) to see, and so they made certain that you didn't see.

Comment

• Andrew McCabe will not be charged.
                              What a Trumpian witch hunt (for real) that was!
                              May God bless Andrew McCabe.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42777[/ATTACH]
                                Keep squawking.
                                The electorate is listening.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment