Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    House Managers argued for witnesses...
    Right, and they failed to convince a majority of Senators who believed they already had sufficient evidence to acquit the President.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-15-2020, 10:21 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
      Andrew McCabe will not be charged.
      And nobody is really sure why. Inspector General Horowitz found four instances of McCabe lying to investigators, three times while he was under oath. This is the exact same crime that Michael Flynn was charged with. Flynn has been run through the wringer. McCabe is walking free. It's a disgusting example of the two-tiered justice system that exists in Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And nobody is really sure why. Inspector General Horowitz found four instances of McCabe lying to investigators, three times while he was under oath. This is the exact same crime that Michael Flynn was charged with. Flynn has been run through the wringer. McCabe is walking free. It's a disgusting example of the two-tiered justice system that exists in Washington.
        Gotta love your sources, MM.

But who needs Fox and Breitbart and other questionable far right sources like 'Conservative Treehouse', when we have 'Trump Web'? And only four instances of alleged "lying"? President Trump made 16,241 false or misleading claims in the three years until Jan 20, 2020 since taking the oath of office - according to the Washington Post
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

McCabe got entangled in Trump’s Hillary witch-hunt. But he disentangled himself too. All else was Trump’s vindictiveness.

Try not to feed on Trump’s hatred, and come back into the light.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Right, and they failed to convince a majority of Senators who believed they already had sufficient evidence to acquit the President.
            You can't convince the unprincipled who put themselves and their corrupt leader before the Constitution and their country.

Comment

The DOJ, i.e. the Atty Gen, intervened in the Flynn sentence recommendation as well, changing the recommendation of the prosecutors from 6 months in prison to probation. This is Trump demanding the DOJ fix for his corrupt loyalists and vengeance for his percieved enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

But who needs Fox and Breitbart and other questionable far right sources like 'Conservative Treehouse', when we have 'Trump Web'? And only four instances of alleged "lying"? President Trump made 16,241 false or misleading claims in the three years until Jan 20, 2020 since taking the oath of office - according to the Washington Post
                Trump knows that if you tell a lie often enough there are a whole lot of balloon heads out there who will begin to believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Trump knows that if you tell a lie often enough there are a whole lot of balloon heads out there who will begin to believe it.
                  says the guy who believes all the lies coming from his leftist handlers and the leftist MSM I.E CNN, MSNBC etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                    Gotta love the genetic fallacy. If you had bothered to actually read the source I provided, you would have seen this page from the Horowitz report:

McCabe lied under oath to investigators. This is indisputable, yet no charges have been pressed? Something funny going on at the Depart of Justice methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      McCabe got entangled in Trump’s Hillary witch-hunt. But he disentangled himself too.
                      Apparently by lying. And yet no charges. Sickening.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        The DOJ, i.e. the Atty Gen, intervened in the Flynn sentence recommendation as well, changing the recommendation of the prosecutors from 6 months in prison to probation.
                        Yes, and do you know why? It's because Syndey Powell is a tenacious lawyer who is forcing the DOJ to justify their case every step of the way, and there are those in the DOJ (including Barr?) who would rather not have any sunlight shined on their operation, so they reduced the sentence to something more tantalizing hoping Flynn would bite, and then the DOJ could put it whole corrupt thing behind them.

(Feb 10, 2020) Last week the DOJ (sans Brandon Van Grack) filed a motion for an order to waive Flynn’s attorney-client privilege surrounding Flynn’s withdrawal plea and ineffective/conflicted counsel claims. In essence the prosecution wants to see the background of Flynn’s original defense communications to evaluate if Flynn was compromised by his original lawyers.

The prosecution request was made in response to arguments inside Flynn’s motion to withdraw the plea. Because the issues of attorney-client privilege are sensitive, the DOJ asked the court to issue and order allowing the prosecution to penetrate the privilege.

As a consequence the DOJ asked for a postponement of the Flynn sentencing hearing until they have time to evaluate the expressed argument of Flynn’s current defense. Today, Judge Emmet Sullivan has agreed to that postponement, and set a schedule for the prosecution and defense to come to an agreement on the privilege material.

In the original motion filed last Sunday; and as a result of the arguments within the current Flynn defense arguments surrounding malicious prosecution; prosecutor Brandon Van Grack has apparently been sequestered from the current issues. It is possible Van Grack maybe a witness to any government counter-claim that malicious prosecution exists.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...oj-litigation/

At the very least, Flynn should get the McCabe treatment, possibly with a generous financial gift from the US government as small compensation for effectively ruining his life and career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

Hahahahaha!!!! Media tourism FTW!!!
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes, and do you know why?
                            Yes, I do. For the same reason that the DOJ is intervening in all of the cases related to Trump, whether it be Flynn, Stone, Cohen, Lev Parnas as well as cases we don't even know about yet. Because they are of interest to Trump and Barr was appointed by Trump to do that dirty work for him.

It's because Syndey Powell is a tenacious lawyer who is forcing the DOJ to justify their case every step of the way, and there are those in the DOJ (including Barr?) who would rather not have any sunlight shined on their operation, so they reduced the sentence to something more tantalizing hoping Flynn would bite, and then the DOJ could put it whole corrupt thing behind them.
                            What a load of hogwash.
                            (Feb 10, 2020) Last week the DOJ (sans Brandon Van Grack) filed a motion for an order to waive FlynnÂ’s attorney-client privilege surrounding FlynnÂ’s withdrawal plea and ineffective/conflicted counsel claims. In essence the prosecution wants to see the background of FlynnÂ’s original defense communications to evaluate if Flynn was compromised by his original lawyers.

The prosecution request was made in response to arguments inside FlynnÂ’s motion to withdraw the plea. Because the issues of attorney-client privilege are sensitive, the DOJ asked the court to issue and order allowing the prosecution to penetrate the privilege.

As a consequence the DOJ asked for a postponement of the Flynn sentencing hearing until they have time to evaluate the expressed argument of FlynnÂ’s current defense. Today, Judge Emmet Sullivan has agreed to that postponement, and set a schedule for the prosecution and defense to come to an agreement on the privilege material.

In the original motion filed last Sunday; and as a result of the arguments within the current Flynn defense arguments surrounding malicious prosecution; prosecutor Brandon Van Grack has apparently been sequestered from the current issues. It is possible Van Grack maybe a witness to any government counter-claim that malicious prosecution exists.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...oj-litigation/

At the very least, Flynn should get the McCabe treatment, possibly with a generous financial gift from the US government as small compensation for effectively ruining his life and career.
                            What does any of that have to do with the DOJ intervening to change the sentencing recommendation of the prosecutors? You're a very naive individual, MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Yes, I do. For the same reason that the DOJ is intervening in all of the cases related to Trump, whether it be Flynn, Stone, Cohen, Lev Parnas as well as cases we don't even know about yet. Because they are of interest to Trump and Barr was appointed by Trump to do that dirty work for him.

What a load of hogwash.

What does any of that have to do with the DOJ intervening to change the sentencing recommendation of the prosecutors? You're a very naive individual, MM.
                              Roberts_you-are-a-dumbass.jpg
                              The famous John Robert "You're a dumbass" stare

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Hahahahaha!!!! Media tourism FTW!!!
                                Are you suggesting that Trump, the adulterous womanizer and hero of the Evangelicals, is NOT a compulsive liar?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...r=donald-trump
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment