Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And since I'm right a zillion times more than you are, it's more probable that I'm right on this.
    But you've been wrong on this issue ever since you helped to put it in the White House.

Yeah, typical back-handed childish compliment.
    Well, better than a front-footed one.

The Republican Senators know that the Democrats have dumped a sham impeachment in their laps, and the Democrats don't care - because - anything to get rid of Trump.
    Nope, they may be unprincipled, but they're not stupid. What they do know is that you believe it's a sham trial, and that's what they have to deal with now. Do they stand on principle, or do they play it safe in the face of yours, and feign ignorance?

Because the Democrats have dumped this sham impeachment on them, yes.
    So you don't care, or want to know what the truth is, you just want to complain about process. Gotcha!

And, there you go again, telling me what I care or don't care about. You just LOVE being wrong. You revel in it!
    No, you just don't even realize that you are telling me what you care about, and in this case you've been telling me that it isn't the truth or the facts that you care about. What you care about is your party pulling off a sham trial and sweeping the lawless Autocrats abuses of power under the rug so that he can further erode our democracy. Although, i'm not sure that you actually realize the latter assertion. I would hope not!

Comment

Kinda like...

Democrats: "we have a SLAM DUNK CASE, your honor, and we will prove with powerful OVERWHELMING evidence that Trump is Guilty".
      Judge: Proceed with opening arguments.
      Democrats: Well, we have a problem, your honor, our case stinks out loud, and we need you to force the other guys to do our work for us".
      Someone put it in a tweet today along the lines of

Democrats: We have overwhelming evidence!

Also Democrats: We need more evidence.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Schiff's argument in a nutshell: "I sure wish I had evidence to prove this. Will you guys go find some for me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Schiff's argument in a nutshell: "I sure wish I had evidence to prove this. Will you guys go find some for me?"
          I mean, it's clear you aren't watching the trial. So what's the point of your posts?

Comment

Schiff's argument in a nutshell: "I sure wish I had evidence to prove this. Will you guys go find some for me?"
            Schiff's argument was comprehensive and clear and packed full of damning evidence against Trump. In short it was compelling. It would have been even more so if the blocked evidence was released, i.e. the evidence Trump gloated about at Davos: “… we have all the material. They don’t have the material.” He effectively admitted to "obstructing Congress" i.e. the second impeachment article

OTOH Trump's defense team’s presentations were a mishmash of conspiracy theories and grievances that didn’t go anywhere. No defense evidence at all - just whining about procedure.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• If Shifty Schiff's argument was "packed full of damning evidence" and "compelling" then why does he need more evidence to prove his case?

He kept saying things like, "Would you like me to read to you this document that I just r suggested would support my case? Well, I can't, because I don't have it." Then why was he deceptively citing it as evidence? A prosecutor would have been held in contempt in any normal court if he repeatedly referred to evidence he didn't actually have, or twisted the evidence he did have (such as misquoteing Gordan Sondland, or claiming that Parnas meant one thing when documents clearly show he meant something completely different).

It's going to be fun watching Trump's team tear this argument to pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Schiff's argument was comprehensive and clear and packed full of damning evidence against Trump....
                Cool, then let him drone on and on and on... And maybe we'll see how he does under oath as a witness.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Trump has his side, his opponents have theirs. At no point in this tedious exercise will this matter be settled. There is no witness who can settle it, no document that can settle it, no unseen revelation waiting to be unearthed. What we have is a classic example of a matter best left to voters. Convinced Trump’s Ukraine call was sinister? Great, don’t vote for him.

But that will never be enough for Democrats who have now cast their fate with this quixotic crusade. Thursday and Friday will now bring echoes of these now-familiar imputations, amplified with the lament that a conclusion is somehow unreachable unless we open the gates on an interminable witness rodeo.

It is here that the Managers’ detailed displays today work against them. They had no shortage of content, and wlll surely bury us in more over the next two days. This does not appear to be a pursuit starved for source material.

https://townhall.com/columnists/mark...ality-n2559971

Comment

Cool, then let him drone on and on and on... And maybe we'll see how he does under oath as a witness.
                    What does Schiff have to do with Trumps scheme, CP? Seriously, what do you think you'd learn from Schiff testifying?

Comment

• The small handed but charismatic Trump is going to come out of this trial relatively unscathed, and with huge financial backing, is looking likely to win the next election. The USA will be renamed Trumpland in his honour.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        What does Schiff have to do with Trumps scheme, CP? Seriously, what do you think you'd learn from Schiff testifying?
                        CP just wants revenge for Schiff having the audacity to actually try to hold Trump accountable for his actions.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Someone put it in a tweet today along the lines of

Democrats: We have overwhelming evidence!

Also Democrats: We need more evidence.
                          They have overwhelming evidence of guilt which if you had been watching the trial you'd have seen. Well, let me take that back, you won't see it, or at least won't admit to seeing it no matter what, but those who still have an open mind will have seen it. There is virtually no hope for you.

Comment

• From CNN no less...

Donald Trump was elected to break the elite. Of course they want to impeach him

(CNN)When the global elite are aligned against him and laughing like the immature cool kids you hated in middle school, President Donald Trump is winning.

When the liberal law professors are neglecting their Thanksgiving turkeys to read congressional transcripts and snarking about Trump's 13-year old son, Trump is winning.

When the politicians are mad — so mad that they have shut down all policymaking to impeach the President of the United States on what constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley called "wafer thin" evidence —Trump is winning.

You have to remember: Donald Trump wasn't elected to fit in with these people — the political, intellectual class -- to make them happy, or to become one of them. He was elected to break them. And that's apparently what he's done.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/opini...u9G0CsY3hX6wVE
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              Well I got the switch it was only $399aud and Pokemon sword was $69 but he wanted Mario cart. Wife was angry and said a five year old is too young for video games. I guess I should’ve run it by her first. Now my daughter wants a piano since her brother got something. At least my son enjoyed his first day at school.
                              I was beating Super Mario Bros. 1 at 3 years old, so 5 isn't too young.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                They have overwhelming evidence of guilt...
                                Okay, then why do Democrats keep begging the Senate to help them dig up more evidence?

Comment