Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    It’s amazing, my family have been Democrats since FDR. Many are breaking away from the democrat party. I doubt Jimmy could figure out how or why.
    Obviously you've strayed from the good and joined the dark side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      As you say, abuse of power is not a crime in and of itself. For instance, if you used the power of attorney to commit fraud then the crime would be fraud and not abuse of power.

For the purpose of impeachment and removal from office, the Constitution explicitly says that the president must be guilty of an actual crime. A vague charge like "abuse of power" doesn't cut it.
      Trumps crimes are detailed under the heading "abuse of power." But again, an actual codified crime isn't necessary only a breach of the public trust is necessary and that is left to Congress to decide.

Comment

It’s amazing, my family have been Democrats since FDR. Many are breaking away from the democrat party. I doubt Jimmy could figure out how or why.
        What's even more amazing is that they MOCK the very members of their own party who are warning them of the error of their ways!

Some of their more experienced operators are yelling "there's a cliff up ahead" and they yell back "shut up, you old fool --- full speed ahead!!!"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          What's even more amazing is that they MOCK the very members of their own party who are warning them of the error of their ways!

Some of their more experienced operators are yelling "there's a cliff up ahead" and they yell back "shut up, you old fool --- full speed ahead!!!"
          Are you alluding to the "never trumpers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Are you alluding to the "never trumpers?"
            It does not surprise me in the least that you missed the context, and spoke, instead, from the bubble.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Trumps crimes are detailed under the heading "abuse of power." But again, an actual codified crime isn't necessary only a breach of the public trust is necessary and that is left to Congress to decide.
              And Congress determined that the President was not guilty.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Exactly, Lilpix. I didn't think you'd ever figure that out.
                Thus why you can’t figure out why Clinton isn’t president. You’re a case study in brainwashing and bubble living.

Of course we want to bring evil incarnate to its knees, but evil incarnate are your words not mine, it's really the GOP that's evil incarnate, it's members are just unprincipled political hacks looking out for themselves.
                Yet, it’s not the GOP that’s currently ignoring the wishes of half the population in Virginia, it wasn’t the GOP that brought down the law on a baker for not baking a cake, nor is it the GOP that wants to raise my taxes to pay for people to get worthless degrees. This is why Hillary lost and will likely be why the Democrats will lose again.

There should be a national day off for voting so people can vote at their liesure and not stand in mile long lines, if they can even get their on time after working all day.
                Millions of people are smart enough to make the time to vote or to get absentee ballets to vote with. Your democrat masters are lying to you and you swallow it like the fool you are.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Obviously you've strayed from the good and joined the dark side.
                  Hardly, Trump’s policies would be Democrat policies, in the JFK era.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It’s pretty funny. Trump would be a Democrat, in policies and politics, not too long ago.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And Congress determined that the President was not guilty.
                      Not only did the unprincipled republican majority determine that Trump was not guilty, they determined as well that he can do whatever he wants and withhold the evidence. So much for 3 equal branches and oversight of a tyranical executive. You wanted a dictator, and you are now well on your way to getting one.

Comment

Not only did the unprincipled republican majority determine that Trump was not guilty, they determined as well that he can do whatever he wants and withhold the evidence. So much for 3 equal branches and oversight of a tyranical executive. You wanted a dictator, and you are now well on your way to getting one.
                        Did congress go the the courts or did they claim there was no time, to only sit on the articles for a month?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Did congress go the the courts or did they claim there was no time, to only sit on the articles for a month?
                          They went to the courts and realized that the Trump strategy of fighting each and every subpoena would take years.

Comment

They went to the courts and realized that the Trump strategy of fighting each and every subpoena would take years.
                            “How dare people defend themselves, in court!”

Irony, sweet sweet irony.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

“How dare people defend themselves, in court!”

Irony, sweet sweet irony.
                              The president is a wannabe dictator, he is obliged to turn over evidence sought by the congress. His refusal to do so, and his abuse of the courts, was a legal tactic which he has been using his entire life. He exposed a weakness in the Constitutions Impeachment clause like any good dictator would do, and now congress should close that loophole to prevent such abuse in the future.

Comment

The president is a wannabe dictator, he is obliged to turn over evidence sought by the congress. His refusal to do so, and his abuse of the courts, was a legal tactic which he has been using his entire life. He exposed a weakness in the Constitutions Impeachment clause like any good dictator would do, and now congress should close that loophole to prevent such abuse in the future.
                                No, he isn’t, keep telling yourself that lie because Obama stonewalled Congress too. I wait for you to condemn the Obama administration for doing that...
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment