Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    The electorate is listening.
    Which was why support for impeachment dropped and Trump's popularity reached an all-time high.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• 1) In the unlikely event Mr. Vindeman (or however the feckless little turd spells his name) really does qualify for protection under the aforementioned statute, how can a mere statute supersede the inherent Article 2 Constitutional powers of POTUS as CiC?

2) I was not alive when FDR was ruling. I recall very little about him from my history classes over 40 years ago. Mark "The Great One" Levin's show Sunday night was infuriating and revelatory. As far as false promises and overreach and abuses of power were concerned, FDR made Bad Orange Man look like a harmless little fuzzball.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Which was why support for impeachment dropped and Trump's popularity reached an all-time high.
        Yes, for Trump that is: 49% approval rating.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          Yes, for Trump that is: 49% approval rating.
          Which is 4 points higher than Obama's at the same point in his presidency. And this was with the media doing everything they could to prop Obama up and tear Trump down.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            And nobody is really sure why. Inspector General Horowitz found four instances of McCabe lying to investigators, three times while he was under oath. This is the exact same crime that Michael Flynn was charged with. Flynn has been run through the wringer. McCabe is walking free. It's a disgusting example of the two-tiered justice system that exists in Washington.
            The speculation I've seen is that 1) the prosecutors doubted they could seat a Washington jury that would convict and 2) there are much more serious charges coming in the aftermath of the Horowitz report.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Which is 4 points higher than Obama's at the same point in his presidency. And this was with the media doing everything they could to prop Obama up and tear Trump down.
              It is amazing the thickness of the liberal bubble since many indications is that Trump will likely be re-elected. Granted, we still have months to go and can be surprised, but it is truly a case of bubble living if I ever saw it.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                It is amazing the thickness of the liberal bubble since many indications is that Trump will likely be re-elected. Granted, we still have months to go and can be surprised, but it is truly a case of bubble living if I ever saw it.
                I see that Trump wants to bring back Mercury poisoning.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  1) In the unlikely event Mr. Vindeman (or however the feckless little turd spells his name) really does qualify for protection under the aforementioned statute, how can a mere statute supersede the inherent Article 2 Constitutional powers of POTUS as CiC?

2) I was not alive when FDR was ruling. I recall very little about him from my history classes over 40 years ago. Mark "The Great One" Levin's show Sunday night was infuriating and revelatory. As far as false promises and overreach and abuses of power were concerned, FDR made Bad Orange Man look like a harmless little fuzzball.
                  Mark Levin! Well now, that explains you.

Comment

That was 1 poll, an outlier. He remains in the low 40's where he's always been. And he has Obama's economy to thank for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      The speculation I've seen is that 1) the prosecutors doubted they could seat a Washington jury that would convict and 2) there are much more serious charges coming in the aftermath of the Horowitz report.
                      Quit dreaming, OBP. Believe me, if there were other charges against McCabe, you'd know them by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        I see that Trump wants to bring back Mercury poisoning.
                        Polonium! No doubt he would if he thought that like Putin, he could get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          That was 1 poll, an outlier. He remains in the low 40's where he's always been. And he has Obama's economy to thank for that.
                          No, that was for the same poll. I think it was Rasmussen. Obama at this point in his presidency was 45%. Trump is currently at 49%.

Comment

No, that was for the same poll. I think it was Rasmussen. Obama at this point in his presidency was 45%. Trump is currently at 49%.
                            Gallup had Trump at 49%

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Gallup had Trump at 49%
                              Right, Gallop was the outlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Right, Gallop was the outlier.
                                What you're not getting is that Gallup shows Obama at 4% lower than Trump at the same point in their presidencies. This is a legitimate apples-to-apples to comparison. In fact, Trump's Gallup approval rating from July 2019 to the present has been tracking very closely with Obama's from July 2011 to February 2012.

Comment