Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It appears that the narrative is switching to Bolton could - after the fact - prove this case "slam dunk".

He, of course, is on a book tour selling his "kiss n tell", and wants all the publicity he can get.
    There is a new quote from him that may play in...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      Asking someone to look into something isnÂ’t whatÂ’s wrong with what trump did.

Hunter was always in the clear. He was never under investigation.

If there is a legitimate reason to do something then itÂ’s legitimate regardless of any other motive. ThatÂ’s the issue with this Biden allegation. What Biden did was legitimate so it didnÂ’t require investigation.

How do you think prosecutors prove motive in court? Are they mind reading?
      So what is your answer to the question?

If Biden was not running for President would it be alright for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate what happen with Hunter Biden's deal and Joe Biden's extortion to stop the investigation (Because it does look bad)?

If your answer is "No" because the Biden's did nothing wrong and so could not be guilty of "Abuse of Power" then why was Trump impeached? was he impeached just because Joe Biden is running for President, name the laws that say that if you are running for president means you can't be investigated. What was 'Crossfire Hurricane' all about why did we spend 3 years on a report on what Trump did when he was running for President?

Investigations start because of "Probable Cause" The probable cause in the case of Biden is damning:
      1. Joe Biden admitted to withholding aid from Ukraine if they did not with fire the Attorney General investigation the company that the New York Time just told him had his son on the board of directors. This is "Abuse of Powers" as defined by the Dems. and a conflict of interest on Biden's part. Looks Bad
      2. Hunter Biden is on the board of directors of a corrupt company with ZERO ability to do the job, but makes millions of dollars any way. In Hunter own words he admitted that it was probable because he was Joe Biden's son. Looks Corrupt on the surface
      3. After the AG is fire the new AG drops the case. Really look like "Obstrution of Justice" and when combined with #1 It looks like "Extortion"
      4. Several Agencies in the government including the State Department have said that the situation with Hunter Biden was problematic. Again looks very Bad for Biden

These are all give rise to "Probable Cause" for an investigation. Conflict of interest, Hunter being paid for a job he was wholly un-qualified for (Protection for a corrupt Company), Joe Biden getting the AG fired and stopping the investigation, All these lead to substantial Probable Cause for an investigation.

So it is my contention that Trump has every right (Probable Cause) look into the Biden's, even to ask Ukraine to look into it.

I asked you in my first post to give me the agency that investigated the Bidens if you where going to use the Biden was acquitted defense.

Well, What agency did the investigation to clear Biden?

Please don't use this answer again unless you are prepared to list agencies that investigated Biden.
      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-31-2020, 01:35 PM. Reason: per reqeust of poster to make it clear.
      "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
      -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Murkowski signals a no on witnesses.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Murkowski signals a no on witnesses.
          That was before this new Bolton release...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Murkowski signals a no on witnesses.
            She did that yesterday but appears to be making it official.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
              So what is your answer to the question?

If Biden was not running for President would it be alright for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate what happen with Hunter Biden's deal and Joe Biden's extortion to stop the investigation (Because it does look bad)?

If your answer is "No" because the Biden's did nothing wrong and so could not be guilty of "Abuse of Power" then why was Trump impeached? was he impeached just because Joe Biden is running for President, name the laws that say that if you are running for president means you can't be investigated. What was 'Crossfire Hurricane' all about why did we spend 3 years on a report on what Trump did when he was running for President?

Investigations start not because of "Probable Cause" The probable cause in the case of Biden is damning:
              1. Joe Biden admitted to withholding aid from Ukraine if they did not with fire the Attorney General investigation the company that the New York Time just told him had his son on the board of directors. This is "Abuse of Powers" as defined by the Dems. and a conflict of interest on Biden's part. Looks Bad
              2. Hunter Biden is on the board of directors of a corrupt company with ZERO ability to do the job, but makes millions of dollars any way. In Hunter own words he admitted that it was probable because he was Joe Biden's son. Looks Corrupt on the surface
              3. After the AG is fire the new AG drops the case. Really look like "Obstrution of Justice" and when combined with #1 It looks like "Extortion"
              4. Several Agencies in the government including the State Department have said that the situation with Hunter Biden was problematic. Again looks very Bad for Biden

These are all give rise to "Probable Cause" for an investigation. Conflict of interest, Hunter being paid for a job he was wholly un-qualified for (Protection for a corrupt Company), Joe Biden getting the AG fired and stopping the investigation, All these lead to substantial Probable Cause for an investigation.

So it is my contention that Trump has every right (Probable Cause) look into the Biden's, even to ask Ukraine to look into it.

I asked you in my first post to give me the agency that investigated the Bidens if you where going to use the Biden was acquitted defense.

Well, What agency did the investigation to clear Biden?

Please don't use this answer again unless you are prepared to list agencies that investigated Biden.
              And given our treaty with Ukraine concerning corruption Trump was obligated -- he had a duty -- to ask about it. If he didn't then the Democrats would be impeaching him for dereliction of duty.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                They are saying that abuses of power in order to get reelected could be considered in the national interest and therefore not impeachable. If that doesn't worry you I just don't know what does.
                What are the Crimes under the tag of "Abuse of Power"? The Articles of Impeachment do not have any crimes specified. so none exist. As I said in an earlier post Abuse of Power is just a heading to group other crimes not a crime in itself.

I have a question for you Tass. but before you answer it you might want to look at the original post for this question: post #524, Because it disputes several answers you might give. Also don't tell me that that Biden did nothing wrong. besides not being the question I already answered this question in post #557.

This is not a question about Biden's guilt or innocence. It has to do with the rights of a President as the to law enforcement officer in the U.S. and whether his rights can be over ridden to investigate some one because they run for office. If Trump has the right to investigate some one not running for office it does not change if that person runs.
                "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Yeah, but it still goes to "even if he did it, was it impeachable".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    The Bolton thing is just more smoke and mirrors. Democrats and never-Trumpers got spooked that Trump would be acquitted, so they orchestrated this leak campaign to gum up the works.

Comment

The Bolton thing is just more smoke and mirrors. Democrats and never-Trumpers got spooked that Trump would be acquitted, so they orchestrated this leak campaign to gum up the works.
                      Funny how Bolton is suddenly their golden child. They couldn't stand the guy when Trump hired him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Funny how Bolton is suddenly their golden child. They couldn't stand the guy when Trump hired him.
                        ...and they won't be able to stand him again once his immediate "usefulness" goes away.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Shifty is begging for "just one more week".

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ses-documents/

Comment

Shifty is begging for "just one more week".

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ses-documents/
                            Nancy used up their 'one more week' by holding on to the articles so long.

Comment

• Schiff is going on and on and on trying to tell the Senate how they should do their job, and what all they've done wrong.

Perhaps he missed the part of the Constitution where "The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments".
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Schiff is going on and on and on trying to tell the Senate how they should do their job, and what all they've done wrong.

Perhaps he missed the part of the Constitution where "The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments".
                                give him a break that is all he has. He has to try and brow beat the Senate into fixing the mess he and the Democrats got themselves into with this sham of an impeachment. by lying about what was said by the Presidents Counsel.

Comment