Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    All that suggests is that he knows how partisan and unprincipled the democratic House is and that regardless of any testimony from him, regardless of any evidence, the democrats were always going to impeach.
    FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Right... I don't think it would have been hard to convict Trump if the Democrats had good evidence that he actually committed a crime or engaged in criminal like behavior. The idea that Schiff and the gang could have produced the proverbial smoking gun and still failed to get a conviction is a silly liberal narrative.
      Little jimmy is one of the legion of leftists who still think that Mueller found that Trump colluded with Putin to rig the 2016 election. Things like facts and evidence only get in the way of their rage.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        FIFY n/c
        There was plenty enough evidence presented for a principled jury to convict, as many republicans admitted to after the fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Little jimmy is one of the legion of leftists who still think that Mueller found that Trump colluded with Putin to rig the 2016 election.
          No, I don't think it, I know it. Trump called on Russia to find dirt on Hillary, so they did. Collusion! Trump lied in a letter to cover up the reason behind the Trump tower meeting with Russian operatives. Collusion! Paul Manafort gave polling and geographical targeting data to the Russians. Collusion! Trump admitted to the Russian Ambassador in the oval office that he fired Comey to get the pressure from the Russia investigation off his back. Gen Flynn secretly made it clear to the Russians that the Obama sanctions would be removed after Trump took office. Collusion! Papadopolous tried to set up meeting between Trump and Russians to get dirt on Clinton. Collusion! Trump disgraced his own intelligence agencies and publicly took the side of Putin who denied Russian interference. Call it what you will! Trump then went on to obstruct the entire investigation in order to give cover to both himself and Russia.

Things like facts and evidence only get in the way of you're agenda.
          FIFY

Comment

No, I don't think it, I know it. Trump called on Russia to find dirt on Hillary, so they did. Collusion!
            He made a joke that the Russians could find the missing emails that Hillary deleted over her email server scandal. No surprise you don't know what a joke is, nor what was actually under suspicion.

Trump lied in a letter to cover up the reason behind the Trump tower meeting with Russian operatives. Collusion!
            No he didn't. It was oppo research and Trump didn't know anything other than it was oppo research. Happens all the time.

Paul Manafort gave polling and geographical targeting data to the Russians. Collusion!
            Not under direction of Trump.

Trump admitted to the Russian Ambassador in the oval office that he fired Comey to get the pressure from the Russia investigation off his back.
            Which he had the legal right to do.

Gen Flynn secretly made it clear to the Russians that the Obama sanctions would be removed after Trump took office.
            So what? Perfectly legal. Obama told Putin the same thing directly.

Papadopoulos tried to set up meeting between Trump and Russians to get dirt on Clinton. Collusion!
            Which never happened because Trump wasn't interested.

Trump disgraced his own intelligence agencies and publicly took the side of Putin who denied Russian interference.
            Boo hoo.

Call it what you will! Trump then went on to obstruct the entire investigation in order to give cover to both himself and Russia.
            None of what you said is true. Mueller's report was clear. There was no evidence of collusion.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              He made a joke that the Russians could find the missing emails that Hillary deleted over her email server scandal. No surprise you don't know what a joke is, nor what was actually under suspicion.

No he didn't. It was oppo research and Trump didn't know anything other than it was oppo research. Happens all the time.

Not under direction of Trump.

Which he had the legal right to do.

So what? Perfectly legal. Obama told Putin the same thing directly.

Which never happened because Trump wasn't interested.

Boo hoo.

None of what you said is true. Mueller's report was clear. There was no evidence of collusion.
              smiley shhh.gif

Don't try to confuse little jimmy with facts.

You might ruin one of the best laughs of the day when he tries to prop up the terminally rebutted collusion delusion.

Comment

There was plenty enough evidence presented for a principled jury to convict, as many republicans admitted to after the fact.
                9-lies-640x246.jpg
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You mean you have the evidence that is not third and fourth hand hearsay, assumption or opinion that The Pendragon asked you for?

Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
                  Please give me a list of real evidence to prove that Trump should be removed from office. Evidence that would at minimum hold up in a real court. As I told Watermelon if you can't give the evidence any taking point you use is mote.
                  It is time for you to post the evidence that you have with proper citations. Not just assert it is there.
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-24-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    You mean you have the evidence that is not third and fourth hand hearsay or opinion that The Pendragon asked you for?

It is time for you to post the evidence that you have with proper citations. Not just assert it is there.
                    The witnesses provided evidence. Their testimony is evidence and it’s easy enough to look up. They all testified to having witnessed or experienced events or situations that were consistent with each other and supported the allegation. That’s why the evidence is considered overwhelming by most lawyers and was the only presidential impeachment trial in history with bipartisan support to remove.

What evidence would you say is based on third or fourth hand hearsay or opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                      The witnesses provided evidence. Their testimony is evidence and it’s easy enough to look up. They all testified to having witnessed or experienced events or situations that were consistent with each other and supported the allegation. That’s why the evidence is considered overwhelming by most lawyers and was the only presidential impeachment trial in history with bipartisan support to remove.

What evidence would you say is based on third or fourth hand hearsay or opinion?
                      Actually several admitted to not having "first hand knowledge" about what they were testifying to which made them nothing more than hearsay gossips.

Comment

It was all based on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-hand hearsay except for Gordon Sondland who is the only witness to talk directly to the President, and he said that Trump was "crystal clear" that he didn't want any quid pro quo. This is confirmed by a contemporaneous text message from Sondland to Taylor, and that evidence alone trumps all the office gossip "evidence" presented by the other witnesses.

And I think it's a stretch to say that a single politician breaking with his party qualifies as "bipartisan".
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

All the witnesses said that they never hear Trump say any thing about the Ukraine Deal, Most of them said they had never even spoken to Trump.

MM made a good point but he also, missed one important admission from Gordon Sondland. Sondland admitted that he assumed that Trump was withholding the meeting for the investigation, No one actually told him that was what was going on. Actually no aid was withheld, it was Money to be spent in the in the next Quarter (So there was no delay as far as Ukraine was concerned) , Military Aid in the form of anti tank missiles was already given)

I'm still waiting for evidence that would hold up in court. Watermelon JimL Please site it. Hearsay, Assumption, and Probable Cause would all be thrown out of a real court. Remember the Bar for evidence in an Impeachment is actually higher then in a normal court, So if your evidence would be thrown out of a normal court it does not matter how much you have it still equals 0 evidence of wrong doing.

As for the removal vote being by partisan so the Republicans are biased. I seem to remember that the vote against Impeachment was Bi-partisan and the vote for was partisan. Doesn't that mean that all the Democrats that voted for impeachment are wrong because they where biased in their vote. With out that Biased vote the Republicans would not have wasted time on a removal vote. Watermelon, JimL you can't have it both ways.

I'm still waiting for your evidence that will hold up in a normal court. (Use citations, just saying that there is overwhelming evidence does not cut it.)

JimL I'll make it easy for you because I know you have trouble thinking on your own. Just give me one valid piece of evidence.
                          Watermelon you might want to start with explaining how you can have extortion when the victim says he was not extorted.

A little reminder Hearsay, Assumption, and Probable Cause are not aloud in a real court of law. If you use any of them please give citations as to why they are valid evidence.
                          Last edited by The Pendragon; 02-24-2020, 06:57 PM.
                          "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                          -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

Nice try Watermelon, but all the agreement in their testimony is circular logic because it is hearsay that they all talked about together.

Last edited by The Pendragon; 02-24-2020, 07:19 PM.
                            -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Quick Note to Tazz, JimL, and Watermelon, You need to over come the biggest evidence for the Defense of Trump. The victim (Ukraine) has said that there was no collusion and that they where not aware of any conditions put on them to receive the money.

You can't go to court and accuse someone of extortion if the victim says that they are not being extorted, even if you believe that they are lying. The defense calls the victim the victim says there's no crime and the case is thrown out of court. Simple win for the defense.

If the prosecution insists that the victim is pressured into committing perjury, then the prosecution has proven that their star witness in a perjurer and can't be trusted in anything that they say. again no victim no crime, no wrong doing, again thrown out of court.

Any way you look at it without a victim no quid pro quo, no bribery, no extortion, just the stupid ramblings of Those who dislike the way Trump does things. This is why Shifty Shift had to make up what was said on the call at the start of Impeachment Hearings. If he said what he did in court he would get reprimanded by the Judge rightfully so, the Jury would find it hard to be leave anything he said after that and the trial would be over. So with that in mind who in the senate has the stronger case for their vote those who see that the prosecution lied from the start (Republicans) or those that will do anything the prosecutors because they are the same party (Democrats).
                              -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
                                Nice try Watermelon, but all the agreement in their testimony is circular logic because it is hearsay that they all talked about together.

They were effectively all part of the same grapevine

00000000000000ab000-00aaaj.jpg

Comment