Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I'm laughing at Schiff making absurd comments like the Judiciary and the population of the country not being trusted to decide what is right. Only HE and the House can, and the Senate BETTER agree with them or else...
    And yet many in the MSM are darn near wetting themselves as they tell us what a masterful job he is doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And yet many in the MSM are darn near wetting themselves as they tell us what a masterful job he is doing.
      again - you should listen less to the GOP spin zone and more at what was actually said.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Karnak?

The point of course is that you are allowing opportunistic spin to cloud your judgement of what was actually said, and the reality behind it. And the reality is, Schiff is referring to the fact Donald Trump has openly requested and now attempted to purposfully enlist help from foreign governments to win our election. Which means that we need to act to remove him both for the principle of it, and before he (or some successor eyeing the fact Trump got away with it) is actually successful in those efforts and secures an election through illegal means.

Again, you and others keep acting like what Trump has done is something trivial, something without long term consequence. And it is truly ignorant to do that. It's a lot like watching teenagers laugh at the warning from adults that playing in the quarry is dangerous. Then, of course, the only thing that will sober them up is if one of them dies or is seriously hurt.

You'd think that being adults you would have learned about the folly of that sort of a mindset. But apparently not.
        And being an adult, you'd think you would have learned what a joke is. Trump has never seriously asked for help in ANY election. He may have joked about Russia getting Hillary's deleted emails, but there was never any evidence of any actual request from him or his campaign. The Mueller Report was clear on that. And assuming this fiasco is anything more than Trump being pissed about 2016 accusations is utterly unfounded. There isn't a shred of evidence that 2020 was his goal, and a heap that shows 2016 was. Adults look at evidence, Jim, not impassioned repetitive speeches made just to get the latest media sound byte.
        Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-24-2020, 09:48 AM.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The leftist media is literally treating Schiff's droning nonsense as "the best speech since I Have A Dream". I wish I were kidding...
          You had pundit and legal analyst for CNN, Jeffrey Toobin proclaim that Schiff was "dazzling...really remarkable. It was the second best courtroom address, since it's like a courtroom, that I ever heard," while former Clinton dog washer and CNN contributor Paul Begala proclaimed that "I believe what Adam Schiff said yesterday is going to be studied forty or fifty years from now."

Communications professor at Morgan State University declared during MSNBC's impeachment coverage that Schiff's speech was "historic" and it was "amazing" how Schiff "was speaking not just to the 100 people in the room. He was speaking to 100 years in the future. This is a speech that kids will be giving in 2060 at university projects."

Likewise Jonathan Alter, also on MSNBC, assert that Schiff's presentation "[will] go down as one of the great performances even though he's in a different chamber than he belongs to."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            You had pundit and legal analyst for CNN, Jeffrey Toobin proclaim that Schiff was "dazzling...really remarkable. It was the second best courtroom address, since it's like a courtroom, that I ever heard," while former Clinton dog washer and CNN contributor Paul Begala proclaimed that "I believe what Adam Schiff said yesterday is going to be studied forty or fifty years from now."

Communications professor at Morgan State University declared during MSNBC's impeachment coverage that Schiff's speech was "historic" and it was "amazing" how Schiff "was speaking not just to the 100 people in the room. He was speaking to 100 years in the future. This is a speech that kids will be giving in 2060 at university projects."

Likewise Jonathan Alter, also on MSNBC, assert that Schiff's presentation "[will] go down as one of the great performances even though he's in a different chamber than he belongs to."
            Yes, all true, so whats your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Republican senators will make their decisions not based on the evidence before them, but what vote helps to get them re-elected.

It is the nature of the American system of government that politics so easily overrides justice at this level of the hierarchy.
              Do you HONESTLY believe that Aunt Nancy makes ANY decisions that are not based on what will help the Democrats keep or gain power?

From resisting impeachment, to authorizing it, to withholding the articles of impeachment..... do you think she's just a crazy old woman?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                You're a hoot, Jim. You are a chronic sufferer from TrumpOCD, although you seem to be reveling in it.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You're a hoot, Jim. You are a chronic sufferer from TrumpOCD, although you seem to be reveling in it.
                  Whatever. But what was the point you were trying to make?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What the House can do is start another investigation, and present NEW Articles of Impeachment. Nothing prohibits them from doing that.
                    I am sure they will, ad nauseum.

Comment

I'm laughing at Schiff making absurd comments like the Judiciary and the population of the country not being trusted to decide what is right. Only HE and the House can, and the Senate BETTER agree with them or else...
                      "For precisely this reason, the president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won." -- Adam Schiff

He basically came right out and said that they can't trust the American people to do the right thing at the 2020 election. That is completely authoritarian. It's not his decision. And he just admitted that the dems motive is to interfere with the 2020 election. The very thing they are accusing Trump of doing.

Where are all the Antifa when you need them?

Comment

Karnak?

The point of course is that you are allowing opportunistic spin to cloud your judgement of what was actually said, and the reality behind it. And the reality is, Schiff is referring to the fact Donald Trump has openly requested and now attempted to purposfully enlist help from foreign governments to win our election. Which means that we need to act to remove him both for the principle of it, and before he (or some successor eyeing the fact Trump got away with it) is actually successful in those efforts and secures an election through illegal means.

Again, you and others keep acting like what Trump has done is something trivial, something without long term consequence. And it is truly ignorant to do that. It's a lot like watching teenagers laugh at the warning from adults that playing in the quarry is dangerous. Then, of course, the only thing that will sober them up is if one of them dies or is seriously hurt.

You'd think that being adults you would have learned about the folly of that sort of a mindset. But apparently not.
                        What you actually said:

“ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!”

Would have saved you a lot of time and ranting like a lunatic.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          What makes you think that it will go down in history as a triumph vs a failure?
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I wish you could hear what Schiff is saying. 'here right matters'. And unfortunately, that is no longer true. Yet you, MM and others mock it, like its a joke.

It is no joke.
                            schiff_show-impeachment.jpg

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              What you actually said:

“ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!”

Would have saved you a lot of time and ranting like a lunatic.
                              Are you capable of writing posts without spewing a continuous stream of bile?
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42348[/ATTACH]

Clearly, the better part of 'an intelligent argument' eludes you today.

Comment