Page 19 of 118 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I'm laughing at Schiff making absurd comments like the Judiciary and the population of the country not being trusted to decide what is right. Only HE and the House can, and the Senate BETTER agree with them or else...
    And yet many in the MSM are darn near wetting themselves as they tell us what a masterful job he is doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And yet many in the MSM are darn near wetting themselves as they tell us what a masterful job he is doing.
    again - you should listen less to the GOP spin zone and more at what was actually said.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

3. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Karnak?

The point of course is that you are allowing opportunistic spin to cloud your judgement of what was actually said, and the reality behind it. And the reality is, Schiff is referring to the fact Donald Trump has openly requested and now attempted to purposfully enlist help from foreign governments to win our election. Which means that we need to act to remove him both for the principle of it, and before he (or some successor eyeing the fact Trump got away with it) is actually successful in those efforts and secures an election through illegal means.

Again, you and others keep acting like what Trump has done is something trivial, something without long term consequence. And it is truly ignorant to do that. It's a lot like watching teenagers laugh at the warning from adults that playing in the quarry is dangerous. Then, of course, the only thing that will sober them up is if one of them dies or is seriously hurt.

You'd think that being adults you would have learned about the folly of that sort of a mindset. But apparently not.
    And being an adult, you'd think you would have learned what a joke is. Trump has never seriously asked for help in ANY election. He may have joked about Russia getting Hillary's deleted emails, but there was never any evidence of any actual request from him or his campaign. The Mueller Report was clear on that. And assuming this fiasco is anything more than Trump being pissed about 2016 accusations is utterly unfounded. There isn't a shred of evidence that 2020 was his goal, and a heap that shows 2016 was. Adults look at evidence, Jim, not impassioned repetitive speeches made just to get the latest media sound byte.
    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-24-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The leftist media is literally treating Schiff's droning nonsense as "the best speech since I Have A Dream". I wish I were kidding...
    You had pundit and legal analyst for CNN, Jeffrey Toobin proclaim that Schiff was "dazzling...really remarkable. It was the second best courtroom address, since it's like a courtroom, that I ever heard," while former Clinton dog washer and CNN contributor Paul Begala proclaimed that "I believe what Adam Schiff said yesterday is going to be studied forty or fifty years from now."

Communications professor at Morgan State University declared during MSNBC's impeachment coverage that Schiff's speech was "historic" and it was "amazing" how Schiff "was speaking not just to the 100 people in the room. He was speaking to 100 years in the future. This is a speech that kids will be giving in 2060 at university projects."

Likewise Jonathan Alter, also on MSNBC, assert that Schiff's presentation "[will] go down as one of the great performances even though he's in a different chamber than he belongs to."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You had pundit and legal analyst for CNN, Jeffrey Toobin proclaim that Schiff was "dazzling...really remarkable. It was the second best courtroom address, since it's like a courtroom, that I ever heard," while former Clinton dog washer and CNN contributor Paul Begala proclaimed that "I believe what Adam Schiff said yesterday is going to be studied forty or fifty years from now."

Communications professor at Morgan State University declared during MSNBC's impeachment coverage that Schiff's speech was "historic" and it was "amazing" how Schiff "was speaking not just to the 100 people in the room. He was speaking to 100 years in the future. This is a speech that kids will be giving in 2060 at university projects."

Likewise Jonathan Alter, also on MSNBC, assert that Schiff's presentation "[will] go down as one of the great performances even though he's in a different chamber than he belongs to."
    Yes, all true, so whats your problem.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Republican senators will make their decisions not based on the evidence before them, but what vote helps to get them re-elected.

It is the nature of the American system of government that politics so easily overrides justice at this level of the hierarchy.
    Do you HONESTLY believe that Aunt Nancy makes ANY decisions that are not based on what will help the Democrats keep or gain power?

From resisting impeachment, to authorizing it, to withholding the articles of impeachment..... do you think she's just a crazy old woman?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, all true, so whats your problem.
    You're a hoot, Jim. You are a chronic sufferer from TrumpOCD, although you seem to be reveling in it.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're a hoot, Jim. You are a chronic sufferer from TrumpOCD, although you seem to be reveling in it.
    Whatever. But what was the point you were trying to make?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post

What the House can do is start another investigation, and present NEW Articles of Impeachment. Nothing prohibits them from doing that.
    I am sure they will, ad nauseum.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm laughing at Schiff making absurd comments like the Judiciary and the population of the country not being trusted to decide what is right. Only HE and the House can, and the Senate BETTER agree with them or else...
    "For precisely this reason, the president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won." -- Adam Schiff

He basically came right out and said that they can't trust the American people to do the right thing at the 2020 election. That is completely authoritarian. It's not his decision. And he just admitted that the dems motive is to interfere with the 2020 election. The very thing they are accusing Trump of doing.

Where are all the Antifa when you need them?

14. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.