Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, they don't think the prosecution is a sham,
    Jim - you really need to stop this silly attempt at mind reading.

they're no more clueless than you are,
    And these childish insults.

but unlike your excuse, they have a stake in the result, and like you've said, at least in their case, it's political, it's their futures.
    It's a sham put on in an incredibly PARTISAN manner by people who LONG AGO decided they needed to get rid of Trump by any means possible.

Nixon was, he basically pleaded guilty and resigned prior to trial. Pleading guilty is as good as being convicted. But if you think this impeachment is weak and shabby then you either ain't paying attention, or you're to biased to see.
    Well, there was an actual CASE there, wasn't there! Not just a bunch of partican hacks bumbling through sham prosecution.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim - you really need to stop this silly attempt at mind reading.
    It's your opinion that the Reps. think the trial is a scam, it's my opinion that they know otherwise.

And these childish insults.
    What do you mean, that was a compliment. I said that I believe that you're both intelligent enough to know better.

It's a sham put on in an incredibly PARTISAN manner by people who LONG AGO decided they needed to get rid of Trump by any means possible.
    Well, at least they, the Senators, know better.

Well, there was an actual CASE there, wasn't there! Not just a bunch of partican hacks bumbling through sham prosecution.
    Yes, I'm aware you think it's a sham, and it is, it's a sham trial, and in that we both agree. But you don't care that it's a sham trial, even though you know and admit it's a sham trial.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To show you how nutty the Democrat case is, Shifty Schiff read from a Washington Post editorial as part of his opening arguments!

Liberals keep reminding us that this isn't a traditional court of law. Good thing for Shifty, because otherwise he would have been constantly interrupted with "Objection!" "Sustained."
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-22-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    It's your opinion that the Reps. think the trial is a scam, it's my opinion that they know otherwise.
    And since I'm right a zillion times more than you are, it's more probable that I'm right on this.

What do you mean, that was a compliment. I said that I believe that you're both intelligent enough to know better.
    Yeah, typical back-handed childish compliment.

Well, at least they, the Senators, know better.
    The Republican Senators know that the Democrats have dumped a sham impeachment in their laps, and the Democrats don't care - because - anything to get rid of Trump.

Yes, I'm aware you think it's a sham, and it is, it's a sham trial,
    Because the Democrats have dumped this sham impeachment on them, yes.

and in that we both agree. But you don't care that it's a sham trial, even though you know and admit it's a sham trial.
    And, there you go again, telling me what I care or don't care about. You just LOVE being wrong. You revel in it!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    To show you how nutty the Democrat case is, Shifty Schiff read from a Washington Post editorial as part of his opening arguments!

Liberals keep reminding us that this isn't a traditional court of law. Good thing for Shifty, because otherwise he would have been constantly interrupted with "Objection!" "Sustained."
    Kinda like...

Democrats: "we have a SLAM DUNK CASE, your honor, and we will prove with powerful OVERWHELMING evidence that Trump is Guilty".
    Judge: Proceed with opening arguments.
    Democrats: Well, we have a problem, your honor, our case stinks out loud, and we need you to force the other guys to do our work for us".

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And since I'm right a zillion times more than you are, it's more probable that I'm right on this.
    But you've been wrong on this issue ever since you helped to put it in the White House.

Yeah, typical back-handed childish compliment.
    Well, better than a front-footed one.

The Republican Senators know that the Democrats have dumped a sham impeachment in their laps, and the Democrats don't care - because - anything to get rid of Trump.
    Nope, they may be unprincipled, but they're not stupid. What they do know is that you believe it's a sham trial, and that's what they have to deal with now. Do they stand on principle, or do they play it safe in the face of yours, and feign ignorance?

Because the Democrats have dumped this sham impeachment on them, yes.
    So you don't care, or want to know what the truth is, you just want to complain about process. Gotcha!

And, there you go again, telling me what I care or don't care about. You just LOVE being wrong. You revel in it!
    No, you just don't even realize that you are telling me what you care about, and in this case you've been telling me that it isn't the truth or the facts that you care about. What you care about is your party pulling off a sham trial and sweeping the lawless Autocrats abuses of power under the rug so that he can further erode our democracy. Although, i'm not sure that you actually realize the latter assertion. I would hope not!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Kinda like...

Democrats: "we have a SLAM DUNK CASE, your honor, and we will prove with powerful OVERWHELMING evidence that Trump is Guilty".
    Judge: Proceed with opening arguments.
    Democrats: Well, we have a problem, your honor, our case stinks out loud, and we need you to force the other guys to do our work for us".
    Someone put it in a tweet today along the lines of

Democrats: We have overwhelming evidence!

Also Democrats: We need more evidence.

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Schiff's argument in a nutshell: "I sure wish I had evidence to prove this. Will you guys go find some for me?"

11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Schiff's argument in a nutshell: "I sure wish I had evidence to prove this. Will you guys go find some for me?"
    I mean, it's clear you aren't watching the trial. So what's the point of your posts?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Schiff's argument was comprehensive and clear and packed full of damning evidence against Trump. In short it was compelling. It would have been even more so if the blocked evidence was released, i.e. the evidence Trump gloated about at Davos: “… we have all the material. They don’t have the material.” He effectively admitted to "obstructing Congress" i.e. the second impeachment article

OTOH Trump's defense team’s presentations were a mishmash of conspiracy theories and grievances that didn’t go anywhere. No defense evidence at all - just whining about procedure.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.