Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That so many on this site rejoice in the corruption of our government and our leaders makes me sadder than you can know.
    This is a steaming load of horsie poo that can only come from a deranged mind. Who, here, is "rejoicing in the corruption of our government and our leaders"?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen Mountain Man, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's partisan politics at its worst, Jim. You just happen to be very much aligned with one side of it.

Yeah, that's, um.... novel.

Quick, Jim, you must run and tell the King!!!

The sky is not falling, Jim, both sides are playing politics, and Nancy was gloating that Trump will be "impeached forever". Trump will not be removed, so why don't the Democrats just chalk up the victory, and stop pretending this is going anywhere other than political fodder for the next election?
    Sorry CP. What we see here is the undoing of two of the most critical elements of our republic. The threat of impeachment of a president for wrongdoing has been stripped of it's power, and the concept the president is not above the law has been swept under the rug. And people like yourself are so wrapped up in your war against liberal ideals that you are blind to the consequences of your 'end justifies the means' approach to solving the problems you perceive.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sorry CP. What we see here is the undoing of two of the most critical elements of our republic. The threat of impeachment of a president for wrongdoing has been stripped of it's power,
    Yes, because the Democrats have weaponized it and turned it into a political circus. For the first time in the history of our nation, impeachment has become ENTIRELY partisan.

and the concept the president is not above the law has been swept under the rug.
    Absolutely not. It's kinda like when there's somebody who's accused of an actual crime, but the prosecutor screws it up so badly that the prosecution itself is a sham.

And people like yourself are so wrapped up in your war against liberal ideals
    OH, the irony!!!!

that you are blind to the consequences of your 'end justifies the means' approach to solving the problems you perceive.
    Jim, you are so wrapped up in your HATE TRUMP that it's all you ever post about. It is CONSUMING YOU. You have become a one-trick donkey.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

5. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes - I am. And you are clearly one of those clueless as to what is actually happening and it's importance to the history of the nation and our capacity to reign in a rogue president.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...the president is NOT above the law...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

8. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes - I am.
    And you are a mindless drone who refuses to examine ALL the facts. Keep sucking the tit of the mainstream media, Jim. You'll never survive without them.

And you are clearly one of those clueless as to what is actually happening and it's importance to the history of the nation and our capacity to reign in a rogue president.
    Oh noes!! The sky is falling Chicken Little!!! You're hysterical, Jim, and unhealthily so.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

10. Amen NorrinRadd, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sorry CP. What we see here is the undoing of two of the most critical elements of our republic. The threat of impeachment of a president for wrongdoing has been stripped of it's power, and the concept the president is not above the law has been swept under the rug. And people like yourself are so wrapped up in your war against liberal ideals that you are blind to the consequences of your 'end justifies the means' approach to solving the problems you perceive.
    Chicken Little called. He said he’s suing you for copyright violations because he’s the only one able to freak out over the sky falling.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...And people like yourself are so wrapped up in your war against liberal ideals ...
    And, seeing that the MAJORITY of my week is spent with our local shelter, assistance to the poor, ministerial association agenda (where I'm clearly the minority, both racially, theologically and politically) I'm gonna have to say that you, sir, are chock full of bovine excrement still hot and wet and stinky.

Hate less, Jim, and try to do something productive.

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What I'm gathering from commentary here and in various other venues is that those suffering from paranoid delusions like oxmixmudd are not confident that the Democrats will be able to make their case in the 24-hours allotted to them for opening arguments.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What I'm gathering from commentary here and in various other venues is that those suffering from paranoid delusions like oxmixmudd are not confident that the Democrats will be able to make their case in the 24-hours allotted to them for opening arguments.
    Yeah, it's like a refusal to admit "ok, maybe we rushed too much and built a really weak case, so we need to have another go at it..."

But WAIT!!!! Maybe Schiff can finally bring out this mountain of absolutely overwhelming evidence he keeps threatening he has hidden away!

16. Amen Bill the Cat, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.