Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    “Nine months left to go, the people should judge. We are a republic, we are based on the will of the people — the people should judge,” Feinstein said Tuesday, after the president’s team finished a three-day presentation in his defense. “That was my view and it still is my view.”
    Perhaps a trial balloon, or perhaps signalling other Dems "it's OK to think about letting this go".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Right... Wikipedia. How about a reliable source?

For one thing, Shokin had executed a raid on Burisma's president which prompted Hunter to contact the Obama administration, so it was an active investigation. A month later, daddu shows up and says, "If you want the money, you'll fire the prosecutor who's messing with my boy."

https://johnsolomonreports.com/the-u...merica-to-see/
      The go-to counter argument: "Solomon is a Russian stooge, peddling Russian propaganda."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        I couldn't care less if they are questioned under oath, but that would have nothing to do with whether Trump abused his power so have no place in this trial.
        Trump's defense team disagrees, and they presented an excellent argument that the Bidens should be investigated. So now the Democrats have to weigh whether it's worth it to call Bolton in exchange for the defense putting Hunter on the stand.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Perhaps a trial balloon, or perhaps signalling other Dems "it's OK to think about letting this go".
          Like Doug Jones (D-AL), who beat Roy Moore in a special election to finish Jeff Sessions' term in the Senate. He is up for reelection and looks like he's trying to split the difference by saying that found "some of the arguments made by President Donald Trump's counsel 'persuasive' and highlighted concerns he has over the second article of impeachment." The second article deals with obstruction.

He doesn't seem to grasp that if he votes for one article and not the other the voters will not make a distinction. He'll have voted for impeachment.

Joe Manchin (D-WV) has also been mentioned, but he won't be up for reelection until 2024. Still his state is deep red.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim, it has been LEGEND that Biden's participation on the board of Burisma is nothing but corruption. There simply hasn't been an incredibly partisan group of politicians committed to destroying his life over it.
            Again, irrelevant to the issue. If the DOJ felt the need to open an investigation then they should do so.

How do you know that, Jim? Besides LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies, how do you know that the Biden situation wasn't part of the corruption that needed investigated?

Ah, I know --- because it doesn't serve the purpose of Orange Man Bad!
            Because, as above, had the U.S. wanted to actually investigate Hunter Biden they should have done so. That is not what happened here. And btw, even if Trump actually wanted an investigation, he wouldn't have wanted it publicly announced on CNN. You don't announce the opening of an investigation, unless of course you have ulterior motives!

Comment

Trump's defense team disagrees, and they presented an excellent argument that the Bidens should be investigated. So now the Democrats have to weigh whether it's worth it to call Bolton in exchange for the defense putting Hunter on the stand.
              Most would likely put Biden's neck in a noose if they thought they had a real good chance of taking Trump down as well. Maybe even just a better than average shot.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                The go-to counter argument: "Solomon is a Russian stooge, peddling Russian propaganda."
                No, Solomon is a Trumpian stooge, and was in on the whole Ukrainian scheme.

Comment

Nope, just more wishful thinking from you guys.

Originally posted by Senator Feinstein
                  The LA Times misunderstood what I said today. Before the trial I said I'd keep an open mind. Now that both sides made their cases, it’s clear the president’s actions were wrong. He withheld vital foreign assistance for personal political gain. That can’t be allowed to stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Most would likely put Biden's neck in a noose if they thought they had a real good chance of taking Trump down as well. Maybe even just a better than average shot.
                    The problem with taking down Biden is that he could very well drag Obama down with him, and the Democrat party would never risk that. That's why Trump mentioning Biden in his phone call got them so riled up. As the saying goes, you see the most flak when you're over the target.

Comment

For one thing, Shokin had executed a raid on Burisma's president which prompted Hunter to contact the Obama administration, so it was an active investigation. A month later, daddu shows up and says, "If you want the money, you'll fire the prosecutor who's messing with my boy."

Solomon is a known hack. According to Shokins own deputy, Vitaly Kasko, there was no ongoing investigation into Burisma in 2015-2016 at the time when VP Biden was pressuring Ukraine. And according to Daria Kaleniuk, the Executive Director of Ukraines "Anti-Corruption Action Center, Shokin was not investigating Burisma, he was fired because he failed to investigate, and not only Burisma.

Comment

• Feinstein has a strange habit of clearly saying one thing, claiming she was misunderstood, and then "clarifying" by saying the exact opposite. What's going on in her head?

Comment

• Not wishful thinking at all -- it was just a guess. The fact remains, it's HIGHLY unlikely that Trump will be removed from office, so all of this that's going on is just partisan politics.

It has been since the beginning.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Again, irrelevant to the issue.....
                            Orange Man Bad --- everything else is irrelevant.

Got it!

Comment

Fine by me, I'd call their bluff, which is all it is, because the one issue has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

Right ... Solomon
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment