Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Trial

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    For the first time in the history of our nation, impeachment has become ENTIRELY partisan.
    Even Johnson's impeachment, which is widely regarded as a textbook example of Congress abusing the impeachment clause, passed by a large bipartisan margin.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Check out this big fat dose of hypocrisy from Shifty Adam Schiff:

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the other House impeachment managers sent a letter Tuesday to White House Counsel Pat Cipollone seeking to disqualify him from representing President Donald Trump at the Senate trial.

The argument: because the articles of impeachment allege Trump committed “obstruction of Congress” by following legal advice to decline subpoenas, the lawyer who advised him is a “material fact witness.”

The letter argues: “Evidence indicates that, at a minimum, you have detailed knowledge of the facts regarding the first Article and played an instrumental role in the conduct charged in the second Article. The ethical rules generally preclude a lawyer from acting as an advocate at a trial in which he is likely also a necessary witness.”

The response from Trump's legal team is obvious and predictable:

"[T]he House’s factual investigation was supervised by an interested fact witness, Chairman Schiff, who—after falsely denying it—admitted that his staff had been in contact with the whistleblower and had given him guidance. See Part II.C. These three fundamental errors infected the underpinnings of this trial, and the Senate cannot constitutionally rely upon House Democrats’ tainted record to reach any verdict other than acquittal."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...achment-trial/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    [...] I'm gonna have to say that you, sir, are chock full of bovine excrement still hot and wet and stinky.

Hate less, Jim, and try to do something productive.
    I hope I am not the only one noticing someting a little absurd about this post...
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And, seeing that the MAJORITY of my week is spent with our local shelter, assistance to the poor, ministerial association agenda (where I'm clearly the minority, both racially, theologically and politically) I'm gonna have to say that you, sir, are chock full of bovine excrement still hot and wet and stinky.

Hate less, Jim, and try to do something productive.
    Well preacher, shall we note which of us is not casting aspersions on the usefulness of the other person's life outside TWEB?

And shall we also note who it is that is tooting their own horn about what they do with their time outside TWEB?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

5. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Well preacher, shall we note which of us is not casting aspersions on the usefulness of the other person's life outside TWEB?

And shall we also note who it is that is tooting their own horn about what they do with their time outside TWEB?
    Sayeth the same man accusing his fellow Christians of not being True ChristiansTM for not being in 24/7/365 rage mode.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

7. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A trial without evidence is not a trial. It will be as close to that as McConnell can manage.

One hopes this is a low point in American history, but I am confident that Republicans can go lower.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 01-21-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    A trial without evidence is not a trial. It will be as close to that as McConnell can manage.

One hopes this is a low point in American history, but I am confident that Republicans can go lower.
    The incredibly partisan House Demomcrats, having failed to put together a strong case, after declaring how "overwhelming" it was, now want a do-over.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The incredibly partisan House Demomcrats, having failed to put together a strong case, after declaring how "overwhelming" it was, now want a do-over.
    You are all Landgrebe Republicans now.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    You are all Landgrebe Republicans now.
    I'm an Independent.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So far, Schiff is droning on and on, reading (and stumbling through) his script, putting occasional weird "emphasis inflections" from time to time, complaining about the fairness of the process, having totally screwed up the process in the House.