Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I've always found it curious how close "Mormon" is to "moron".
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think it was an evil inside joke by Joseph Smith as he saw people actually buying into his numerous scams.
    After all, who else would name an angel "Moroni"? .
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      They forgot the "c" at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        He had a sock puppet?
        Yep. He at first claimed he only used it for "lurking" to see what people were saying about him (which makes no sense anyway seeing how you can read Twitter posts without an account), but it was quickly discovered that "Pierre Delecto" was, in fact, an active participant in discussions and debates.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yep. He at first claimed he only used it for "lurking" to see what people were saying about him (which makes no sense anyway seeing how you can read Twitter posts without an account), but it was quickly discovered that "Pierre Delecto" was, in fact, an active participant in discussions and debates.
          He was simply doing undercover opposition research!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That, apparently, is the way Romney saw it. Millions of other people saw it otherwise.

"Millions of other people" are not so easy to fool as you and Trump like to think. Romney's not in the minority. "Poll: More than half of Americans 'increasingly convinced' Trump did something wrong."

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nced-trump-didhttps://www.justsecurity.org/68415/r...-on-the-facts/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              "Millions of other people" are not so easy to fool as you and Trump like to think. Romney's not in the minority. "Poll: More than half of Americans 'increasingly convinced' Trump did something wrong."
              No fooling, Kojak --- but "wrong" does not necessarily mean "removal from office".

And you forgot your trademark big-empty-head-rolling-around.

Comment

I've always found it curious how close "Mormon" is to "moron".
                They also have the angel Moroni to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  They also have the angel Moroni to boot.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  But I don't think they actually boot him.

Comment

No fooling, Kojak --- but "wrong" does not necessarily mean "removal from office".

It should come as no surprise that many people feel that he did "something wrong" when that message is promoted 24/7 without ever bothering to present the other side.

It really is no surprise that Trump's numbers always go up right after people finally get to hear what the MSM doesn't want to cover.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Senator Rick Scott proposes a Constitutional amendment requiring a 3/5ths majority in the House to impeach. Surely the Democrats will enthusiastically support this proposal because it's consistent with Nancy Pelosi's declaration that impeachment should never be partisan. Right? Right?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...arder-n2560909
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-07-2020, 08:41 AM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        It should come as no surprise that many people feel that he did "something wrong"....
                        After all, some people did something....

Comment

And since what Trump did was the most egregious offense against the Constitution that a President could do, you would obviously argue the same no matter what the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            And since what Trump did was the most egregious offense against the Constitution that a President could do,
                            You got that koolaid coming in intravenously, eh? Jim, simple logic would show that there are THOUSANDS of things that a President could do that would be more egregious. Perhaps you need to look up that word?

you would obviously argue the same no matter what the offense.
                            That would be a lie, but I'll give you a pass, since, your ATDS probably causes you to believe this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nced-trump-didhttps://www.justsecurity.org/68415/r...-on-the-facts/
                              Unfortunately, with the exception of Romney, they were to cowardly to do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Unfortunately, with the exception of Romney, they were to cowardly to do anything about it.
                                Liberal definition of "cowardly": anybody who doesn't join is in our our relentless incredibly partisan hate-filled attacks.

Kinda fits in with the liberal definition of "compromise".

Comment