Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You got that koolaid coming in intravenously, eh? Jim, simple logic would show that there are THOUSANDS of things that a President could do that would be more egregious. Perhaps you need to look up that word?
    And what would be more egregious than to aid a foriegn adversary in their agressive war against an ally and struggling democracy for personal political gain?

That would be a lie, but I'll give you a pass, since, your ATDS probably causes you to believe this crap.
    Nope, no lie, the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

Comment

Liberal definition of "cowardly": anybody who doesn't join is in our our relentless incredibly partisan hate-filled attacks.

Kinda fits in with the liberal definition of "compromise".
      Nope, Romney got it right and said so, the rest were more concerned with losing the support of Trumps deplorable base.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        And what would be more egregious than to aid a foriegn adversary in their agressive war against an ally and struggling democracy for personal political gain?
        Well, if Trump actually did what you dishonestly represent him doing, it would be pretty bad, but nowhere NEAR as bad as, for example....
        • making room in the white house for Hezbollah to operate their war against the Jews
        • forbidding federal agents to make arrests of known criminals simply because they reside in "sanctuary cities" or states
        • putting arsenic in Nancy's drinking water
        • pledging allegiance to Iran....
        • doing the SOTU completely naked

There are TONS of things more egregious than even your wildly inaccurate description of what Trump did, Jim. You have such a limited imagination.

Nope, no lie, the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.
        That's not pudding you're eating, Jim... that's um..... bovine calling cards.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nope, Romney got it right and said so, the rest were more concerned with losing the support of Trumps deplorable base.
          You're so cute.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, if Trump actually did what you dishonestly represent him doing, it would be pretty bad, but nowhere NEAR as bad as, for example....
            • making room in the white house for Hezbollah to operate their war against the Jews
            • forbidding federal agents to make arrests of known criminals simply because they reside in "sanctuary cities" or states
            • putting arsenic in Nancy's drinking water
            • pledging allegiance to Iran....
            • doing the SOTU completely naked

There are TONS of things more egregious than even your wildly inaccurate description of what Trump did, Jim. You have such a limited imagination.

That's not pudding you're eating, Jim... that's um..... bovine calling cards.
            Number one on your list is equivalent to what Trump did, made room in the White House for Russia to operate their war against Ukraine. I wonder if it was Great Britain or Canada that Russia was attacking if you would be so cavalier about what Trump did? I kinda doubt it!

Comment

Number one on your list is equivalent to what Trump did, made room in the White House for Russia to operate their war against Ukraine. I wonder if it was Great Britain or Canada that Russia was attacking if you would be so cavalier about what Trump did? I kinda doubt it!
              This one really did make me laugh. We are SO blessed to have you here in captivity to examine.

Comment

This one really did make me laugh. We are SO blessed to have you here in captivity to examine.
                So, if it were Great Britain or Canada that Trump withheld military aid from in an war of Russian aggression would you be making the same argument?

Comment

So, if it were Great Britain or Canada that Trump withheld military aid from in an war of Russian aggression would you be making the same argument?
                  I reject your initial premise, so your "analogy" sucks.

Comment

I reject your initial premise, so your "analogy" sucks.
                    The premise is fact, Trump withheld desperately needed military aid from an ally fighting a war of aggression against Russia. Would you be supportive of that if instead of Ukraine it was Great Britain or Canada? Simply answer, yes or no?

Comment

The premise is fact,
                      Nope, it's not.

Trump withheld desperately needed military aid from an ally fighting a war of aggression against Russia.
                      You've been taking lessons from Tassy, haven't you?

Would you be supportive of that if instead of Ukraine it was Great Britain or Canada? Simply answer, yes or no?
                      In your goofy example, would we also stipulate that Trump gave FAR MORE aid, including LETHAL aid, that Obama never did, and that any delay in support to Ukraine was very temporary? And, in this example, would it also be stipulated that Obama allowed Russia to annex Crimea and did nothing about it?

(I'll be happy to wait while you consult your LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        "Millions of other people" are not so easy to fool as you and Trump like to think. Romney's not in the minority. "Poll: More than half of Americans 'increasingly convinced' Trump did something wrong."

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nced-trump-did

Including Senators: "A bipartisan majority found that the factual allegations for Trump’s impeachment were proven. That includes: Senators Lamar Alexander, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, and Ben Sasse.

https://www.justsecurity.org/68415/r...-on-the-facts/
                        I sometimes think the real benefit of opinion polls is to show what percentage of American voters are uninformed. Trump was "wrong" only in the sense that he did something his advisers disagreed with and not "wrong" in the sense that what he did was unethical, immoral, or illegal. Not even Vindmann the Traitor, one of Trump's staunchest critics to testify before the House, could bring himself to declaratively say that what Trump did was actually improper, only that he it was his opinion that it was improper, and so what? The president sets foreign policy, not him. His only job is to follow orders. (One of the most hilarious moments during the hearings was when Vindmann was asked where in the transcript Trump demanded an action from Ukraine, and Vindmann replied, "Give me a minute, and I'll see if I can find something." ) And that goes for every other witness, every one of who testified before the House that while they disagreed with Trump, they had no concerns that what he was doing was illegal. This is why Trump was acquitted by the Senate, because there was zero evidence of a crime.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I sometimes think the real benefit of opinion polls is to show what percentage of American voters are uninformed. Trump was "wrong" only in the sense that he did something his advisers disagreed with and not "wrong" in the sense that what he did was unethical, immoral, or illegal. Not even Vindmann the Traitor, one of Trump's staunchest critics to testify before the House, could bring himself to declaratively say that what Trump did was actually improper, only that he it was his opinion that it was improper, and so what? The president sets foreign policy, not him. His only job is to follow orders. (One of the most hilarious moments during the hearings was when Vindmann was asked where in the transcript Trump demanded an action from Ukraine, and Vindmann replied, "Give me a minute, and I'll see if I can find something." ) And that goes for every other witness, every one of who testified before the House that while they disagreed with Trump, they had no concerns that what he was doing was illegal. This is why Trump was acquitted by the Senate, because there was zero evidence of a crime.
                          But, MM, there are many OTHER witnesses out there who could testify... um.... witnesses that the Democrats, in their haste to bring this fiasco to the Senate... um.... there are BETTER witnesses than the Democrats rounded up in their rush to judgment..... the Democrats did an OVERWHELMINGLY persuasive job that they didn't NEED any more witnesses.... um... but MORE witnesses and MORE testimony.....

Lemme get back to you on this.

Comment

• More winning: appeals court tosses the Democrats' emoluments lawsuit.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...against-trump/

So first there was the fiasco in Iowa.
                            Then Trump was acquitted.
                            Then the jobs report once again beats expectations.
                            And now this lawsuit gets tossed.

It has been a great week for Trump, and a very bad week for Democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              More winning: appeals court tosses the Democrats' emoluments lawsuit.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...against-trump/

So first there was the fiasco in Iowa.
                              Then Trump was acquitted.
                              Then the jobs report once again beats expectations.
                              And now this lawsuit gets tossed.

It has been a great week for Trump, and a very bad week for Democrats.
                              A technical dismissal does not settle the issue.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                A technical dismissal does not settle the issue.
                                It was not a "technical dismissal", it was a full and proper acquittal. In other words, not guilty!

Comment