Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 153

Thread: Impeachment: 71% of Republicans want witnesses

  1. #11
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,953
    Amen (Given)
    2592
    Amen (Received)
    1886
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "Only those with something to hide would object to an intrusive and legally questionable investigation!"
    In what way could the calling of first-hand witnesses to testify under oath at a trial be construed as "intrusive and legally questionable"?
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  2. #12
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,090
    Amen (Given)
    1176
    Amen (Received)
    20615
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Nobody in his right mind wants anything less than a full accounting of what happened... except those hiding their bad deeds.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #13
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,319
    Amen (Given)
    4649
    Amen (Received)
    906
    I'm of various minds.

    Mainly, I believe this travesty should have been dismissed outright as Constitutionally invalid.

    Failing that, it should have been remanded to the House for a do-over, where THEY do their job of subpoenaing witnesses and fighting for court approval.

    But realistically, with cowardly Senators like Collins and Murkowski, and the TDSified cultist Mittens, neither of those was ever really possible. So we're stuck fighting over rules and witnesses. We have to hope Cocaine Mitch can at least wrangle his cats well enough to get "quid pro quo" in terms of witnesses, *and* that POTUS makes good on his promise to invoke Executive Privilege.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  4. #14
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,805
    Amen (Given)
    5228
    Amen (Received)
    22936
    I think the magic words in that survey were "with firsthand knowledge" - so far we haven't heard from anyone under oath with firsthand knowledge. The only ones who have that are Trump and Zelensky. And if he is guilty, anyone Trump told directly what his nefarious plan was. I think I would go for those witnesses. I would also like to see the whistlblower.

  5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  6. #15
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,589
    Amen (Given)
    1544
    Amen (Received)
    3467
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Paint your excuses however you want, trump is guilty , trying to hide it, and the gop is helping him hide it, with the support of people thinking just like you.
    “Trump is so guilty that we need to keep digging till we find evidence that he is guilty!!!”

    Stalin would be proud, comrade.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  7. #16
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,985
    Amen (Given)
    6100
    Amen (Received)
    7456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I think the magic words in that survey were "with firsthand knowledge" - so far we haven't heard from anyone under oath with firsthand knowledge. The only ones who have that are Trump and Zelensky. And if he is guilty, anyone Trump told directly what his nefarious plan was. I think I would go for those witnesses. I would also like to see the whistlblower.
    Like most surveys, we don't know the exact question or how it was setup, so the results are largely meaningless. But as I take another look at the story, it asks "whether witnesses with firsthand knowledge should be allowed to testify". Well, sure, a witness should be allowed to testify if their testimony is relevant and they are issued with a lawful subpoena, but I disagree that the Senate should or has any reason to issue such subpoenas. If the Democrats can't make their case based on the evidence gathered during their one-sided inquiry where they gave themselves every possible advantage then the Senate should dismiss the charges or vote for full acquittal.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #17
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,120
    Amen (Given)
    8132
    Amen (Received)
    8546
    I want witnesses too. Hunter Biden will suffice.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  10. #18
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,282
    Amen (Given)
    499
    Amen (Received)
    1834
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    “Trump is so guilty that we need to keep digging till we find evidence that he is guilty!!!”

    Stalin would be proud, comrade.
    Machiavelli would be proudest - and of you an MM and others. The end justifies the means. If we have to excuse adultery, racism, abusive attitudes toward women, and even the coercion and bribery of foreign countries as he enlists them to interfere in our elections, so be it. Just so long as we get some conservative judges on the bench, its all ok.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  11. Amen Ana Dragule amen'd this post.
  12. #19
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,589
    Amen (Given)
    1544
    Amen (Received)
    3467
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Machiavelli would be proudest - and of you an MM and others. The end justifies the means. If we have to excuse adultery, racism, abusive attitudes toward women, and even the coercion and bribery of foreign countries as he enlists them to interfere in our elections, so be it. Just so long as we get some conservative judges on the bench, its all ok.
    That’s a great list of opinions and worst assumptions, but I know it’s totally pointless to even bother with you, since your mind is already made up, but assumptions and opinions, isn’t evidence. Besides, democrats could care less about abusive attitudes towards women, since they still make excuses for LBJ and Clinton’s much bigger and more documented abuses. Of course, you’re welcome to grovel and submit to your liberal overlords if you so desire, but I’ll pass on submission and your list of unsupported opinions.

    He’s guilty, you just need to keep digging till you find all this evidence of guilt and if he objects to being probed, it’s just more evidence of guilt! Right comrade?
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-22-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  13. #20
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,805
    Amen (Given)
    5228
    Amen (Received)
    22936
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I want witnesses too. Hunter Biden will suffice.
    You are assuming he would tell the truth under oath.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •