Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment: 71% of Republicans want witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You most certainly have.
    You lie. I have never said, nor do I believe that the ends justify the means.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Nobody in his right mind wants anything less than a full accounting of what happened... except those hiding their bad deeds.
      Well, there are also those who are complicit in their support of those who are hiding their bad deeds. Although, I suppose it could be argued that they are not in their right minds.

Comment

You most certainly have.
        How Conversations go with Jim:

Jim: “If you disagree with me, you’re a moral degenerate.”

Anyone else: “I think you’re an idiot.”

Jim: “Waaaaaaahhhh!!! Stop attacking me!”

Thus why talking, with you, is a total waste of time. You set the tone, why are you so angry when you get your just deserts, hypocrite?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          How Conversations go with Jim:

Jim: “If you disagree with me, you’re a moral degenerate.”

Anyone else: “I think you’re an idiot.”

Jim: “Waaaaaaahhhh!!! Stop attacking me!”

Thus why talking, with you, is a total waste of time. You set the tone, why are you so angry when you get your just deserts, hypocrite?
          Going for 98% I see.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I think the Republicans' response today, in particular, is setting the stage for why, exactly, Hunter is at the very center of this whole thing.
            Hunter knows nothing about Trump’s attempted extortion of the Ukrainian president.

We've had weeks and weeks of endless rumor and gossip from the Democrats, and now they're being hit with the facts and the law,
            Well now is their opportunity to get first-hand testimony from Bolton directly linking Trump to a plan to freeze aid to Ukraine in exchange for a political favor.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

I think the Republicans' response today, in particular, is setting the stage for why, exactly, Hunter is at the very center of this whole thing.

We've had weeks and weeks of endless rumor and gossip from the Democrats, and now they're being hit with the facts and the law, as well as their own contrary testimony from previous impeachment situations.
              Trump hasn't moved to investigate Kushner's Manhattan bailout from Qatar right after his administration put an unexpected and largely unexplained squeeze on it. Neither has he moved to investigate Ivanka Trump's real estate dealings in Iran with a Revolutionary Guard front-company. Regardless, such investigations, to be legitimate, would have to be run through the DOJ with a valid predicate.

Constitutional law experts say that Dershowitz's argument is incoherent and ahistorical. But he crammed for a weekend so what would they know.

--Sam
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Going for 98% I see.
                Scripture Verse: Matthew 7:1-5, NIV

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

© Copyright Original Source

Have you knocked anyone out yet, with that 2x4 hanging out of your eye?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Hunter knows nothing about Trump’s attempted extortion of the Ukrainian president.
                  Hunter is at the heart of the corruption, regardless of how tight you shut your eyes. You guys don't hate corruption - you just hate Trump.

Well now is their opportunity to get first-hand testimony from Bolton directly linking Trump to a plan to freeze aid to Ukraine in exchange for a political favor.
                  Bolton wrote a kiss-n-tell book, and nobody is stopping him from spewing forth his gossip from the treetops, Tass. His publisher's best interest is for Bolton's book to be a salacious as possible to SELL BOOKS.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Trump hasn't moved to investigate Kushner's Manhattan bailout from Qatar right after his administration put an unexpected and largely unexplained squeeze on it. Neither has he moved to investigate Ivanka Trump's real estate dealings in Iran with a Revolutionary Guard front-company. Regardless, such investigations, to be legitimate, would have to be run through the DOJ with a valid predicate.

Constitutional law experts say that Dershowitz's argument is incoherent and ahistorical. But he crammed for a weekend so what would they know.

--Sam
                    Not to mention, completely hypocritical on his part. Lawyers have a tendency to twist the facts to fit their case.

Comment

Hunter is at the heart of the corruption, regardless of how tight you shut your eyes. You guys don't hate corruption - you just hate Trump.

Bolton wrote a kiss-n-tell book, and nobody is stopping him from spewing forth his gossip from the treetops, Tass. His publisher's best interest is for Bolton's book to be a salacious as possible to SELL BOOKS.
                      Hunter Biden has nothing to do with it, not surprising though that you've fallen for the fallacy.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Hunter Biden has nothing to do with it, not surprising though that you've fallen for the fallacy.
                        Not the least bit surprising that you're tootin' the party line.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hunter is at the heart of inappropriate nepotism of the same order as Ivanka and Jared working in the WH not corruption despite Trump’s efforts to generate a scandal at taxpayer expense to demonize his political rival.

Right on script.

Imagine having the audacity to want to hear from key witnesses in the impeachment trial. Bolton writes that Trump personally told him that he wanted to maintain a freeze on $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine until Ukraine did his bidding for his own personal reasons. Hence, despite your childish disparagement, his information is directly on topic of presidential corruption.
                          Last edited by Tassman; 01-29-2020, 03:52 AM.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

--Sam
                            Turley disagrees with at least some of Dersh's points, but thought his presentation was excellent.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Hunter is at the heart of inappropriate nepotism of the same order as Ivanka and Jared working in the WH not corruption despite Trump’s efforts to generate a scandal at taxpayer expense to demonize his political rival.
                              Whataboutism! Right on script!

Imagine having the audacity to want to hear from key witnesses in the impeachment trial.
                              Even sneaky snake Schiff said the investigation is over, so why more witnesses? Why should the Senate have to do what the House failed so miserably in doing?

Bolton...
                              ...who's promoting his kiss-n-tell book...

writes that Trump personally told him that he wanted to maintain a freeze on $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine until Ukraine did his bidding for his own personal reasons.
                              Bolton could walk up to any news reporter on the planet and provide his "testimony".

Hence, despite your childish disparagement, his information is directly on topic of presidential corruption.
                              "Childish disparagement"? Every once in a while, you have to polish your Drama Queen credentials.

Comment

Right on script.

Imagine having the audacity to want to hear from key witnesses in the impeachment trial. Bolton writes that Trump personally told him that he wanted to maintain a freeze on $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine until Ukraine did his bidding for his own personal reasons. Hence, despite your childish disparagement, his information is directly on topic of presidential corruption.

Except Ivanka and Jared are volunteers and not being paid anything.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...port-FINAL.pdf

Comment