Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump at March for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    You see nothing bad about Trump lying about knowing those indicted in his Ukrainian scheme.
    Read the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Pseudo intellectual? JD Magna cum laud and Head of the Harvard law review.
      Obama has never let us see his college transcripts, and his school records and and articles he wrote are on lockdown, do his academic credentials are impossible to verify. Makes you wonder what he's trying to hide.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Read the OP.
        The OP often diverges. If you're replying to the OP, then you should make that clear by replying to the OP.
        Last edited by JimL; 01-26-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Obama has never let us see his college transcripts, and his school records and and articles he wrote are on lockdown, do his academic credentials are impossible to verify. Makes you wonder what he's trying to hide.
          Hurry, get the tin foils hats out, quick! Birth certificate, where is that birth certificate!

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Hurry, get the tin foils hats out, quick! Birth certificate, where is that birth certificate!
            Can you show me Obama's college records?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              CP, I'm going to assume you actually believe there is some chance Teump might not be guilty here,...
              At the risk of being accused of being perpetually dishonest (not by you, sir) please forgive me for "snipping", as there is nothing disrespectful intended here.... I just literally have only a few minutes.

It's not that I don't believe Trump is "guilty" of something - it's that I'm not convinced that it rises to the level of impeachment and removal.

More later.

ETA: Again, we've only heard from ONE SIDE, and I don't trust Schiff any further than I can throw a bull by the tail.

So, do you believe Schiff is a liar?
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-26-2020, 10:07 AM.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                you should make that clear by replying to the OP.
                Why didn't you just respond "Oh, my bad"? Why double down? Another solution is that you could just not talk about the Trump Collusion nonsense in every single thread, to the point where you think any post in a thread is about it.

You've convinced me that the whole thing about Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real thing.

Comment

Why didn't you just respond "Oh, my bad"? Why double down? Another solution is that you could just not talk about the Trump Collusion nonsense in every single thread, to the point where you think any post in a thread is about it.

You've convinced me that the whole thing about Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real thing.
                  It is a real thing, you're just confused as to who it is that's infected with the illness.

Comment

Can you show me Obama's college records?
                    IIRC there was a fuss (maybe more of a kerfuffle) about Bill Clinton never releasing his full medical records.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It isn't something new. It didn't matter if a Democrat or Republican was POTUS. You always found them out on the fringes through previous Administrations. They'd be the ones put pamphlets on cars, faxing and then emailing etc. wild-eyed conspiracy theories and the like.

What's different this go-around is that this lunatic fringe has been mainstreamed by the MSM and a political party (which has effectively taken it over) and instead of flittering about the outer limits of the twilight zone, they hold center stage.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Read the OP.
                        I've done that a few times too. Replied to the Opening Post well after a thread has been active to find my comment drops into the middle of a discussion far afield of the OP. Usually it's obvious though, especially if the reply itself has enough context to tie it back to the OP. Sometimes though a short post like "I see nothing wrong with this" can drop into another discussion and look like it applies to that evolved discussion rather than the OP itself, and sometimes it appears one is saying something quite different than what one intended.

Maybe something to consider going forward.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

This is yet more 'birthirism'. There is nothing particularly unusual, nothing is on 'lockdown'. IT is a against federal law to release those records without the person's permission, and candidates generally DO NOT release their college records. The papers he wrote that you reference are not on lockdown, they rather simply were not important enough to retain by those that would have had copies of them. i.e. they don't exist anymore.

https://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/ob...ealed-records/

The more of this sort of thing I see, coupled with some things I saw in more rural areas of MD before and during the last election, the more I am convinced at least some of this sort of crap arising in the Conservative pundits and outlets is in fact racially motivated. How could it not be, we know many of these outlets harbor and protect people that are and have been strongly racist.

So you and others might want to be a little more careful before you become part of disseminating this stuff without checking it out first. You are probably (unwittingly) helping people that hate Obama simply because of his race be successful in their attempts to demean him.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

CP, I'm going to assume you actually believe there is some chance Teump might not be guilty here, but there is no 'more to come' on this video. Go listen to it yourself. Trump is flat out lying when he says he doesnt know who this person is. And given Parnas' role in the Ukraine affair, you ought to be seeing some serious red flags by now even if somehow to this point what has already been discovered is not enough.

There is no sane reason to hold out any hope Trump isnt up to his ears in this thing.
                            Your mind was already made up in 2016 that Trump was guilty, so sorry, nobody cares what the king of hypocrisy and double think believes. Trump is guilty, we just need to figure out just how guilty he is!
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

This is yet more 'birthirism'.
                              I said nothing about the circumstances of Obama's birth.

IT is a against federal law to release those records without the person's permission...
                              Right, and Obama has never given that permission.

I only point this out because Jimmy cited Obama's college career as proof that he was more than a "pseudo-intellectual" despite the fact that we have no way to verify his academic credentials.

Comment

I said nothing about the circumstances of Obama's birth.
                                I would have thought you would have understood that the reason it was in quotes is that it represents the same sort of attack as what birthirism came from, not that it was literally birthirism. But perhaps not, so now you know. The reason it was in quotes is because this 'information' is the same sort of attack that gave rise to birthirism that spread unfounded rumors that Obama was a closeted Muslim and not really a US citizen.

Right, and Obama has never given that permission.
                                And if you read the linked article, you would know that neither have other presidents:

Source: previously linked fact check article

Obama’s college records are not “sealed” by a court order, as this graphic would have you believe. It would be illegal under federal law (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) for Occidental, Columbia or Harvard Law School to give any former student’s records to reporters or members of the public without that person’s specific, written permission. Obama hasn’t released them, but neither have other presidential candidates released their college records. George W. Bush’s grades at Yale eventually became public, but only because somebody leaked them to the New Yorker magazine. Bush himself refused to release them, according to a 1999 profile in the Washington Post.

© Copyright Original Source

I only point this out because Jimmy cited Obama's college career as proof that he was more than a "pseudo-intellectual" despite the fact that we have no way to verify his academic credentials.
                                There is no excuse for citing patently false information as fact, especially if it demeans or cast aspersions on another person. The records are not sealed, and there is nothing particularly unusual about a president not releasing college transcripts to the public.

And the hard fact is, if a person gets into Harvard, they almost always have a lot more going on upstairs than the average person. Just look at the average admission SATs -1430 to 1600. The GRE for grad school are similarly high. A 3.5 GPA from Harvard means something completely different than a 3.5 from your typical state run school.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-26-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment