Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump at March for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    How is that NOT an example of the ends justifies the means?
    I had actually typed up a much longer response, then deleted it, because I thought it would be pretty much a waste of time.

However, if that's the way you want to see it - that this is just "ends justifies the means" - that's fine with me, because I have no interest in a battle with you on this, Jim.

If God can speak through an ass, I have no problem with God using (or allowing) somebody like Trump to promote His objectives.

Remember, Trump is temporal, and will soon be off the stage. In the meantime, I'm commanded to pray with those who rule over us.

Have you ever considered that, when Paul wrote to Timothy about this (1 Tim 2), EVERY ruler in his day was a pagan? (How bout NERO?) Yet he said,

Scripture Verse: 1 Tim 2

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

© Copyright Original Source

I honestly believe that if Christians were to pray for Trump with greater energy than they exercised to condemn him, God might do a tremendous work in our Nation --- not BECAUSE of Trump, but because of who God is.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting, blanket accusations that are soundly countered by a post of mine just two posts back from this one of yours. Are you sure you are not afflicted by your own hatred and blindness?
      Jim. I hate the murder of babies before they are born. I do not hate you nor do I hate your political leanings. I frankly don't care about your political leanings, except to the extent they are so focused on what you hate about Trump that you can't see the forest for the trees.

I notice that you did not address the point I brought up about not being able to see the good in an action regardless of what the motives may or may not be.

Just as the man that refused to sign the petition.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Jim. I hate the murder of babies before they are born. I do not hate you nor do I hate your political leanings. I frankly don't care about your political leanings, except to the extent they are so focused on what you hate about Trump that you can't see the forest for the trees.

I notice that you did not address the point I brought up about not being able to see the good in an action regardless of what the motives may or may not be.

Just as the man that refused to sign the petition.
        Look back a few posts mossy. I was quite clear to say that I thought what had been done in california was a good thing.

Did you miss that? It was two posts before your original post and well either you or cp's comments about being unable to comment on the good things.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Look back a few posts mossy. I was quite clear to say that I thought what had been done in california was a good thing.

Did you miss that? It was two posts before your original post and well either you or cp's comments about being unable to comment on the good things.
          I saw that post, Jim. I still stand on what I said in a general sense.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I saw that post, Jim. I still stand on what I said in a general sense.
            Too bad. Just remember there are more posts of mine on these pages marking good things Trump has done than there are kind comments from any one of you that support trump that are aimed my direction
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Too bad. Just remember there are more posts of mine on these pages marking good things Trump has done than there are kind comments from any one of you that support trump that are aimed my direction
              I think you are a brilliant man.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I for one have not mentioned you AT ALL in this thread regarding anything, and I rarely engage with you anywhere else because you are wearing blinders about everything that President Trump does. Perhaps you are projecting from some guilt you feel about how you have treated the rest of your fellow believers on this site since Trump became president.

At any rate, I won't be engaging with you anymore in this thread. Carry on with your rants.

Comment

I for one have not mentioned you AT ALL in this thread regarding anything, and I rarely engage with you anywhere else because you are wearing blinders about everything that President Trump does. Perhaps you are projecting from some guilt you feel about how you have treated the rest of your fellow believers on this site since Trump became president.

At any rate, I won't be engaging with you anymore in this thread. Carry on with your rants.
                  rant ... Defending myself against the rant that I'm insane and incapable of acknowledging any good thing about trump - when in fact I said something was good that he did in this very thread - is a 'rant'.

You gotta just love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    This is so incredibly stupid on its face, Tass. He's doing what he promised he'd do --- Something your ilk isn't used to seeing.
                    A popular meme from liberals who aren't in full denial says, "Why did Trump have to be the first politician actually keeps his promises?"
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The end justifies the means. Such a high moral standard.
                      He attended a pro-life event and by all accounts gave a great speech. What is it about these "means" that concerns you?
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The end justifies the means. Such a high moral standard.
                        Do you have a good mop and bucket to clean up all the spiddle?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I think you are a brilliant man.
                          I'm not sure after the fact counts, but thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            He attended a pro-life event and by all accounts gave a great speech. What is it about these "means" that concerns you?
                            You are out of context MM.

Comment

I had actually typed up a much longer response, then deleted it, because I thought it would be pretty much a waste of time.

However, if that's the way you want to see it - that this is just "ends justifies the means" - that's fine with me, because I have no interest in a battle with you on this, Jim.

If God can speak through an ass, I have no problem with God using (or allowing) somebody like Trump to promote His objectives.

Remember, Trump is temporal, and will soon be off the stage. In the meantime, I'm commanded to pray with those who rule over us.

Have you ever considered that, when Paul wrote to Timothy about this (1 Tim 2), EVERY ruler in his day was a pagan? (How bout NERO?) Yet he said,

Scripture Verse: 1 Tim 2

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

© Copyright Original Source

I honestly believe that if Christians were to pray for Trump with greater energy than they exercised to condemn him, God might do a tremendous work in our Nation --- not BECAUSE of Trump, but because of who God is.
                              I dont disagree with you on the prayer thing CP. But I do disagree with supporting him in his immorality. And the two are not mutually exclusive. Praying for Trump does not mean I give him a pass on extorting Ukraine.

Comment

I dont disagree with you on the prayer thing CP. But I do disagree with supporting him in his immorality.
                                Can you show where I have EVER done that?

And the two are not mutually exclusive.
                                Somebody who's sincerely praying for somebody else tends to show a bit more charity toward that person.

Praying for Trump does not mean I give him a pass on extorting Ukraine.
                                So far, all we've heard is the prosecution. It's never wise to take a decision on only one side's testimony.

Comment