Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump at March for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The OP often diverges. If you're replying to the OP, then you should make that clear by replying to the OP.
    No, jackass, unless the post specifically refers to some particular previous post, you should assume it relates to the OP.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      This is nothing but trash talk. Just to get into Harvard at the graduate level means you've achieved more in the intellectual arena than most, certainly more than many posting on these pages.
      Again, without his college transcripts, we don't know what kind of student he was, or what kind of "assistance" he may have received. Perhaps he struggled the whole way through and graduated at the bottom of his class with a barely passing GPA. There's certainly nothing in his political career to suggest he has above average intelligence.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Again, without his college transcripts, we don't know what kind of student he was, or what kind of "assistance" he may have received. Perhaps he struggled the whole way through and graduated at the bottom of his class with a barely passing GPA. There's certainly nothing in his political career to suggest he has above average intelligence.
        "Trump’s professor thought he was his ‘dumbest student’ ever".

https://www.studyinternational.com/n...udent-wharton/
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post

Also Tassman, "whataboutism!!!!! "
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            This is nothing but trash talk. Just to get into Harvard at the graduate level means you've achieved more in the intellectual arena than most, certainly more than many posting on these pages.
            Affirmative action is real, and you're just in denial.
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Pfftt. Einstein and Edison were both thought to be retarded.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Your posts are a data point to support the theory that really dumb people can appear of normal intelligence on first glance.
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Plus anymore, an Ivy League Education has as much to do with who you know as how smart you are.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    I used to get bored in school and didn’t get as high as grades as I could have because I found homework a waste of my time and most of the class work simply busy work, yet almost always aced the test. For a few years of grade school , I read through the text books because I finished the reading program several months early and was left with nothing to do for an hour block of reading time. It’s often one of the signs of intelligence, but our education system is only designed for the average, so the above and below average can often get left out.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-27-2020, 08:14 AM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                      Your posts are a data point to support the theory that really dumb people can appear of normal intelligence on first glance.
                      When I was in school, I had a teacher who loved to hand out workbooks that were a total waste of my time and he got rather annoyed when I didn’t do the past 3 days assignments. To prove a point, I finished the entire workbook that night and turned it in. Teachers seem to love handing out busy work to grade.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        "Addled".
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          And Douglas Adams, who was considered to be a very intelligent writer, jokes that his school teachers couldn't figure out if he was exceptionally bright or exceptionally stupid because he needed things explained in considerable detail before he would understand. He also says he was the only person his teachers knew who would walk straight into a pole in broad daylight with both eyes open.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-27-2020, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Plus anymore, an Ivy League Education has as much to do with who you know as how smart you are.
                            And, apparently, how big of a bribe your parents are willing to give to the admissions officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              And Douglas Adams, who was considered to be a very intelligent writer, okes that his school teachers couldn't figure out if he was exceptionally bright or exceptionally stupid because he needed things explained in considerable detail before he would understand. He also says he was the only person his teachers knew who would walk straight into a pole in broad daylight with both eyes open.
                              GK Chesterton would frequently telegram his wife, asking where he was supposed to be.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• The idea that Einstein struggled in mathematics as a child is an urban legend. He excelled as a student. It is true that Edison was called "addled" by a teacher, though.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment