Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump at March for Life

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump at March for Life

Thousands are gathering on the National Mall for the 47th annual March for Life to celebrate the sanctity of life from conception to death and to advocate for the overturning of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court that made abortion on demand the law of the land and has resulted in an estimated 60 million deaths of unborn children.

And this year Donald Trump will make history as the first sitting U.S. president to speak in person at the march.

“We are deeply honored to welcome President Trump to the 47th annual March for Life,” Jeanne Mancini said in a statement. “He will be the first president in history to attend and we are so excited for him to experience in person how passionate our marchers are about life and protecting the unborn.”

“From the appointment of pro-life judges and federal workers, to cutting taxpayer funding for abortions here and abroad, to calling for an end to late-term abortions, President Trump and his administration have been consistent champions for life and their support for the March for Life has been unwavering.” https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...esident-trump/
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good on him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

3. Amen RumTumTugger, LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I watched part of it.

Remember, what he DOES is far more important than what he SAYS, but on this, he's full on pro-life.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

5. Amen RumTumTugger, LostSheep, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Meanwhile, we have this, from Bernie.

Bernie on abortion.png

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I watched part of it.

Remember, what he DOES is far more important than what he SAYS, but on this, he's full on pro-life.
    He's "full on" whatever will get him your vote, he doesn't care.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Trump administration’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced today that California is violating federal law by trying to force churches to pay for abortions.

The announcement comes the morning of the 47th annual March for Life, at which President Donald Trump is slated to speak. He will be the first U.S. president to ever attend the march, which is the largest human rights demonstration in the world.

A lengthy legal battle has been underway since 2014, when California enacted regulations forcing all employers to pay for health insurance plans that cover elective abortions, regardless of religious or moral objections to funding abortion deaths. Under these regulations, all abortions are considered “basic health care” and “medically necessary.”

Churches were not even informed when abortion coverage was added to their health plans, according to Alliance Defending Freedom.

The HHS Office for Civil Rights announced that it issued a Notice of Violation to the state of California, formally notifying the Golden State that it cannot impose universal abortion coverage mandates on health insurance plans and issuers in violation of federal conscience laws.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/tr...fund-abortions
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Do I detect cynicism about the motivations of Trump? Say it ain't so!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Who cares if he cares, as long as he makes progs and shames 'conservatives' by being more conservative than them.

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is so incredibly stupid on its face, Tass. He's doing what he promised he'd do --- Something your ilk isn't used to seeing.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

14. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is so incredibly stupid on its face, Tass. He's doing what he promised he'd do --- Something your ilk isn't used to seeing.
    I am extremely skeptical myself of Trump's motives. I don't get the impression that he actually cares about anything but money and fame. And please keep in mind that I genuinely care about the lives of the unborn. The thought of exploiting something to get what I want or what anyone wants really really bothers me. Sure I'd love more pro baby laws (not the creepy ones being passed) but I don't want it like this,
    Last edited by Catholicity; 01-25-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw