Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump at March for Life

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The end justifies the means. Such a high moral standard.
    Do you have a good mop and bucket to clean up all the spiddle?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think you are a brilliant man.
    I'm not sure after the fact counts, but thanks
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He attended a pro-life event and by all accounts gave a great speech. What is it about these "means" that concerns you?
    You are out of context MM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I had actually typed up a much longer response, then deleted it, because I thought it would be pretty much a waste of time.

However, if that's the way you want to see it - that this is just "ends justifies the means" - that's fine with me, because I have no interest in a battle with you on this, Jim.

If God can speak through an ass, I have no problem with God using (or allowing) somebody like Trump to promote His objectives.

Remember, Trump is temporal, and will soon be off the stage. In the meantime, I'm commanded to pray with those who rule over us.

Have you ever considered that, when Paul wrote to Timothy about this (1 Tim 2), EVERY ruler in his day was a pagan? (How bout NERO?) Yet he said,

Scripture Verse: 1 Tim 2

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

© Copyright Original Source

I honestly believe that if Christians were to pray for Trump with greater energy than they exercised to condemn him, God might do a tremendous work in our Nation --- not BECAUSE of Trump, but because of who God is.
    I dont disagree with you on the prayer thing CP. But I do disagree with supporting him in his immorality. And the two are not mutually exclusive. Praying for Trump does not mean I give him a pass on extorting Ukraine.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I dont disagree with you on the prayer thing CP. But I do disagree with supporting him in his immorality.
    Can you show where I have EVER done that?

And the two are not mutually exclusive.
    Somebody who's sincerely praying for somebody else tends to show a bit more charity toward that person.

Praying for Trump does not mean I give him a pass on extorting Ukraine.
    So far, all we've heard is the prosecution. It's never wise to take a decision on only one side's testimony.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are out of context MM.
    Right.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Considering how much many of his views have changed in just a few years I'll always be a bit skeptical. But even if you're right that its always about him, we survived 8 years of that during the previous Administration from someone with an unparalleled gift for turning any discussion about anything into about him. ...
    Yep, Trump is Obama without the prissy, pseudo-intellectual veneer.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am not totally convinced Bad Orange Man is sincere about being Pro-Life, or about anything else. I DON'T FLIPPIN' CARE!!!

We Christians have generally assumed Ronny Raygun and Mr. Misunderestimated were sincere. (Many of us had some doubts about Daddy Bush.) None of them really *did* much, and none had the... "stuff"... to actually attend.

Give me a self-serving faker who says and does the right things above a sincere guy who's cowardly and feckless.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Yep, Trump is Obama without the prissy, pseudo-intellectual veneer.
    Pseudo intellectual? JD Magna cum laud and Head of the Harvard law review. That's some veneer. Trump is straight up corrupt, and always has been. Some day, if you don't already know it, you'll find that out too.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-25-2020 at 08:27 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can you show where I have EVER done that?

Somebody who's sincerely praying for somebody else tends to show a bit more charity toward that person.

So far, all we've heard is the prosecution. It's never wise to take a decision on only one side's testimony.
    CP, there is no doubt trump did what he is accused of. The man lies about everything.

Or did you not notice the recording of Trump having lunch and extended conversations about Ukraine with lev parnas. The man trump 'doesn't even know'
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-25-2020 at 08:28 PM.