Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump at March for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is absolutely no reasonable doubt that Obama was born in the USA, similarly there's no reason to think that he doesn't have a college degree.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It isn't something new. It didn't matter if a Democrat or Republican was POTUS. You always found them out on the fringes through previous Administrations. They'd be the ones put pamphlets on cars, faxing and then emailing etc. wild-eyed conspiracy theories and the like.

What's different this go-around is that this lunatic fringe has been mainstreamed by the MSM and a political party (which has effectively taken it over) and instead of flittering about the outer limits of the twilight zone, they hold center stage.
      I take it you're talking about the Tea Party?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I said nothing about the circumstances of Obama's birth.

Right, and Obama has never given that permission.

I only point this out because Jimmy cited Obama's college career as proof that he was more than a "pseudo-intellectual" despite the fact that we have no way to verify his academic credentials.
        Pseudo intellectuals don't get to head the Harvard Law Review.

Comment

Given the total lack of any memorable speeches* or any showing of significant intellectual capability, the conclusion is affirmative action candidate. Zero special ability besides reading off a teleprompter well.

*unless you include narcissism level
          Last edited by demi-conservative; 01-26-2020, 03:46 PM.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            The reason it was in quotes is because this 'information' is the same sort of attack that gave rise to birthirism that spread unfounded rumors that Obama was a closeted Muslim and not really a US citizen.
            I don't know why you're going on about that. The fact is, we have no idea what sort of student Obama was because his academic work is not public record. If Jimmy wants to argue that Obama isn't a pseudo-intellectual then perhaps he could point to something we can actually verify.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              There is absolutely no reasonable doubt that Obama was born in the USA, similarly there's no reason to think that he doesn't have a college degree.
              I don't think anybody is disputing that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Pseudo intellectuals don't get to head the Harvard Law Review.
                We have no way to verify that.

Comment

We have no way to verify that.
                  Do you dispute this?

Obama Named New Law Review President

By Philip M. Rubin
                  February 6, 1990

Receiving support and praise from students and professors, Barack H. Obama was named the 104th president of the Harvard Law Review, becoming the legal journal's first Black leader.

The election, which drew national media attention, puts Obama in charge of a staff of 80 which edits and publishes articles by legal authorities eight times per year.

While many said yesterday that they believed the election was of historical significance, Obama downplayed its importance.

"It's a significant change from the Harvard Law School of the past," said Obama. "[But] for every one of me, there are a whole bunch of young Black people who, because of drugs, poverty, or whatever, aren't getting the opportunities I have," he said.

"To the degree that he's been chosen suggests that talent can be recognized regardless of race," said Randall Kennedy, professor of law. "The fact that it's a first, however, is a reflection on some very unfortunate aspects of American society."

Public Sector Work

Obama, 28, came to the Law School last year after having graduated from Columbia College and directed a Chicago counseling program for the disadvantaged for several years.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Do you dispute this?

By Philip M. Rubin
                    February 6, 1990

Receiving support and praise from students and professors, Barack H. Obama was named the 104th president of the Harvard Law Review, becoming the legal journal's first Black leader.

The election, which drew national media attention, puts Obama in charge of a staff of 80 which edits and publishes articles by legal authorities eight times per year.

While many said yesterday that they believed the election was of historical significance, Obama downplayed its importance.

"It's a significant change from the Harvard Law School of the past," said Obama. "[But] for every one of me, there are a whole bunch of young Black people who, because of drugs, poverty, or whatever, aren't getting the opportunities I have," he said.

"To the degree that he's been chosen suggests that talent can be recognized regardless of race," said Randall Kennedy, professor of law. "The fact that it's a first, however, is a reflection on some very unfortunate aspects of American society."

Public Sector Work

Obama, 28, came to the Law School last year after having graduated from Columbia College and directed a Chicago counseling program for the disadvantaged for several years.
                    Popularity contest for student newspaper? How notable.

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Given the total lack of any memorable speeches* or any showing of significant intellectual capability, the conclusion is affirmative action candidate. Zero special ability besides reading off a teleprompter well.

Do you dispute this? No particular intelligence demonstrated at all as President. Zero.
                    Last edited by demi-conservative; 01-26-2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

From wikipedia:

"The remaining twelve editors are selected on a discretionary basis. According to the law review's webpage, "Some of these discretionary slots may be used to implement the Review's affirmative action policy."[12] The president of the Harvard Law Review is elected by the other editors"

'Please to take seriously!!!!'
                      Last edited by demi-conservative; 01-26-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

From wikipedia:

"The remaining twelve editors are selected on a discretionary basis. According to the law review's webpage, "Some of these discretionary slots may be used to implement the Review's affirmative action policy."[12] The president of the Harvard Law Review is elected by the other editors"

'Please to take seriously!!!!'
                        I didn't realize it was such a "token" "honor".
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Do you dispute this?

By Philip M. Rubin
                          February 6, 1990

Public Sector Work

I don't dispute the appointment, I'm challenging Jimmy's claim that pseudo intellectuals are disqualified. We don't know what kind of student Obama was, and demi is right, nothing in Obama's political career suggests he has anything other than average intelligence at best. I know liberals like to claim that he was the smartest man to ever sit in the Oval Office, but that's no evidence for it.

Comment

I don't dispute the appointment, I'm challenging Jimmy's claim that pseudo intellectuals are disqualified.
                            Yeah, I got it.

We don't know what kind of student Obama was, and demi is right, nothing in Obama's political career suggests he has anything other than average intelligence at best. I know liberals like to claim that he was the smartest man to ever sit in the Oval Office, but that's no evidence for it.
                            But he's so ARTICULATE!!!

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
                            Joe Biden

Comment

This is nothing but trash talk. Just to get into Harvard at the graduate level means you've achieved more in the intellectual arena than most, certainly more than many posting on these pages.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                This is nothing but trash talk. Just to get into Harvard at the graduate level means you've achieved more in the intellectual arena than most, certainly more than many posting on these pages.
                                This is about me, isn't it?

Comment