Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump bribery policy

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump bribery policy

The anit-cooruption president, Trump, apparently trying to overturn law banning bribery of foreign officials.

http://nymag.com/intelligence/2020/0...orruption.html

http://www.salon.com/2020/01/25/self...ign-officials/
    Last edited by JimL; 01-25-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The act was passed after the Nixon era, when the Watergate special prosecutor found that US companies were secretly making campaign contributions to US politicians and funneling money to foreign entities. (You can read a great history of the act’s genesis here). Defense giant Lockheed had paid millions to the prime minister of Japan, and oil giant Exxon forked out cash to political parties in Italy, for example.
    The law is mostly virtue signalling. There are no more secret campaign contributions to US politicians, but now there is billions of open 'lobbying'.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The anit-cooruption president, Trump, apparently trying to overturn law banning bribery of foreign officials.

http://nymag.com/intelligence/2020/0...orruption.html

http://www.salon.com/2020/01/25/self...ign-officials/
    I clicked on your first link, Jim, and ... how did they get a picture of you?

Screenshot 2020-01-25 11.50.33.jpg
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oooooops.....

SECOND link....

Screenshot 2020-01-25 11.52.43.jpg

Looks like your entire case vanished into thin air!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because I love you, Jim, I did a little homework, and I think this is the link you intended to use...

Trump Tried to Legalize Bribery. Maybe He Wasn’t Worried About Ukrainian Corruption.

And the Salon one... (great source, by the way! ) ... still working on that one.

ETA -- Perhaps this one? Self-declared corruption fighter Trump wants to make it easier to bribe foreign officials

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I clicked on your first link, Jim, and ... how did they get a picture of you?

Screenshot 2020-01-25 11.50.33.jpg
    Oooooops.....

SECOND link....

Screenshot 2020-01-25 11.52.43.jpg

Looks like your entire case vanished into thin air!
    That's what happens when you just and cut and paste your talking points without checking the links to make sure they're valid.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's what happens when you just and cut and paste your talking points without checking the links to make sure they're valid.
    I tried allowing for the possibility that it was my browser (sometimes my DuckDuckGo AddOn messes things up) but I tried it on two other computers, so....

At least I tried to read the articles!!!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    For many businesses, bribery is a way of life. My company used to have a project manager who would always add "grease money" to his budget for when he had to deal with union run venues in places like Detroit and Chicago.

"Hey, can I get a dock to unload my truck?"
    The foreman looks over the dozen or so open docks.
    "I don't know, man. We're pretty busy. If you park your truck over there for now, I'll see if I can get something to open up in about six-hours."
    "Well, here, why don't you look over my paper work." He hands the foreman a clipboard. The foreman flips the top page back and sees a stack of $20 bills.
    "You know what, I think I see- yes, over there, dock 13 just opened up. Go ahead and pull your truck in, and you have a wonderful day, sir."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    For many businesses, bribery is a way of life. My company used to have a project manager who would always add "grease money" to his budget for when he had to deal with union run venues in places like Detroit and Chicago.

"Hey, can I get a dock to unload my truck?"
    The foreman looks over the dozen or so open docks.
    "I don't know, man. We're pretty busy. If you park your truck over there for now, I'll see if I can get something to open up in about six-hours."
    "Well, here, why don't you look over my paper work." He hands the foreman a clipboard. The foreman flips the top page back and sees a stack of $20 bills.
    "You know what, I think I see- yes, over there, dock 13 just opened up. Go ahead and pull your truck in, and you have a wonderful day, sir."
    Yeah, and just TRY to do business internationally.

Heck, on our mission trips to Mexico, "just across the border", we knew well ahead of time that part of our missions money was going to have to be used for Mexican officials to "look the other way" or to allow us access, or to park our bus, or... just about anything.

It was not at all unusual for a Mexican official to board our bus on entering Mexico, the isle of the bus being PILED with construction material, and as the driver hands the Mexican official a $50 bill, he "searches" the bus and sees nothing of interest at all.

It's a way of life.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Heck, on our mission trips to Mexico, "just across the border", we knew well ahead of time that part of our missions money was going to have to be used for Mexican officials to "look the other way" or to allow us access, or to park our bus, or... just about anything.
    Church mission trips? Church money spent on bribes??? Someone call emergency, sanctimonious people are going to start fainting.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.