Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump bribery policy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Church mission trips? Church money spent on bribes??? Someone call emergency, sanctimonious people are going to start fainting.
    There were even more 'horrid' stories of Christians getting truckloads of Bibles into communist countries...
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    For many businesses, bribery is a way of life. My company used to have a project manager who would always add "grease money" to his budget for when he had to deal with union run venues in places like Detroit and Chicago.

"Hey, can I get a dock to unload my truck?"
    The foreman looks over the dozen or so open docks.
    "I don't know, man. We're pretty busy. If you park your truck over there for now, I'll see if I can get something to open up in about six-hours."
    "Well, here, why don't you look over my paper work." He hands the foreman a clipboard. The foreman flips the top page back and sees a stack of $20 bills.
    "You know what, I think I see- yes, over there, dock 13 just opened up. Go ahead and pull your truck in, and you have a wonderful day, sir."
    Trumps main defense is that he was concerned about corruption, even though his entire Ukraine scheme was based on corruption, but the fact that he tried to overturn bribery laws underscores the fact that Trump is not only not concerned about corruption, he's all for it. His scheme to have Biden investigated wasn't about corruption, not to mention that you all know that,it was about smearing a political opponent.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Trumps main defense is that he was concerned about corruption....
    Did you actually watch the beginning of the Republican response?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did you actually watch the beginning of the Republican response?
    I did, along with the entire response, which was extremely weak. As Schiff assumed it would be, it was mostly a false complaint about process. I'll tell you what else they did, they made the defense case for them when it comes to allowing witnesses and documentary evidence into the trial. Did you glean that?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Trumps main defense is that he was concerned about corruption...
    This has nothing to do with corruption. Trump's concern is that US businesses will continue to lose opportunities because they're not allowed the same "access" to foreign politicians as their international competitors. Trying to tie this issue into Ukrainian corruption and the impeachment trial is nothing but a red herring, and you've swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I did, along with the entire response, which was extremely weak...
    Ah, so ya missed it. And you haven't watched the entire response, cause the plus-sized female performer has not yet melodiously vocalized.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll tell you what else they did, they made the defense case for them when it comes to allowing witnesses and documentary evidence into the trial. Did you glean that?
    I assume you mean "they made the prosecution's case for them", and, no, they didn't even though that's the talking point making the rounds. What the defense actually pointed out, correctly, was the weakness of the prosecution's case because they did not present testimony from a single firsthand witness. No, this doesn't magically open the door for a desperate 11th hour mid-trial do-over for the prosecution. What it should lead to is a just acquittal because the prosecution lacked sufficient evidence to prove guilt.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This has nothing to do with corruption. Trump's concern is that US businesses will continue to lose opportunities because they're not allowed the same "access" to foreign politicians as their international competitors. Trying to tie this issue into Ukrainian corruption and the impeachment trial is nothing but a red herring, and you've swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.
    Ah, I see, so in your world, bribery has nothing to do with corruption. It's no wonder you don't see Trumps bribing/extorting of Zelensky for personal gain as corrupt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ah, I see, so in your world, bribery has nothing to do with corruption.
    I would love to continue this conversation, but first let's extinguish the burning straw man.

10. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I assume you mean "they made the prosecution's case for them", and, no, they didn't even though that's the talking point making the rounds. What the defense actually pointed out, correctly, was the weakness of the prosecution's case because they did not present testimony from a single firsthand witness. No, this doesn't magically open the door for a desperate 11th hour mid-trial do-over for the prosecution. What it should lead to is a just acquittal because the prosecution lacked sufficient evidence to prove guilt.
    Right, prosecution, thank you for the correction. What they said was that the jury, the Senators, deserve to hear and see all the evidence, not just what the prosecution chooses to show them. I agree. The funny thing is that they keep complaining about the evidence, but at the same time they are afraid for you to see all the evidence. Good thing for them that you're afraid to see it all as well.

12. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.