Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump bribery policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I did, along with the entire response, which was extremely weak...
    Ah, so ya missed it. And you haven't watched the entire response, cause the plus-sized female performer has not yet melodiously vocalized.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      I'll tell you what else they did, they made the defense case for them when it comes to allowing witnesses and documentary evidence into the trial. Did you glean that?
      I assume you mean "they made the prosecution's case for them", and, no, they didn't even though that's the talking point making the rounds. What the defense actually pointed out, correctly, was the weakness of the prosecution's case because they did not present testimony from a single firsthand witness. No, this doesn't magically open the door for a desperate 11th hour mid-trial do-over for the prosecution. What it should lead to is a just acquittal because the prosecution lacked sufficient evidence to prove guilt.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        This has nothing to do with corruption. Trump's concern is that US businesses will continue to lose opportunities because they're not allowed the same "access" to foreign politicians as their international competitors. Trying to tie this issue into Ukrainian corruption and the impeachment trial is nothing but a red herring, and you've swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.
        Ah, I see, so in your world, bribery has nothing to do with corruption. It's no wonder you don't see Trumps bribing/extorting of Zelensky for personal gain as corrupt.

Comment

Ah, I see, so in your world, bribery has nothing to do with corruption.
          I would love to continue this conversation, but first let's extinguish the burning straw man.

Comment

I assume you mean "they made the prosecution's case for them", and, no, they didn't even though that's the talking point making the rounds. What the defense actually pointed out, correctly, was the weakness of the prosecution's case because they did not present testimony from a single firsthand witness. No, this doesn't magically open the door for a desperate 11th hour mid-trial do-over for the prosecution. What it should lead to is a just acquittal because the prosecution lacked sufficient evidence to prove guilt.
            Right, prosecution, thank you for the correction. What they said was that the jury, the Senators, deserve to hear and see all the evidence, not just what the prosecution chooses to show them. I agree. The funny thing is that they keep complaining about the evidence, but at the same time they are afraid for you to see all the evidence. Good thing for them that you're afraid to see it all as well.

Comment

Right, prosecution, thank you for the correction. What they said was that the jury, the Senators, deserve to hear and see all the evidence, not just what the prosecution chooses to show them....
              Jim, they took hours and hours and hours and HOURS to repeat the same stuff over and over.... They had as much time as they wanted to put their case together in the House, but they were bang-whiz in SUCH A HURRY because it was so important it couldn't wait ----- then Nancy made them wait ----- then they presented a half-baked case for hours and hours and hours and HOURS....

It's like turning in your theme paper to the professor and telling him "I rushed like a mad man to get this finished, then stuck it in my dresser for a month, but never quite got it finished, so.... can YOU please complete it for me before grading it"?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What they said was that the jury, the Senators, deserve to hear and see all the evidence, not just what the prosecution chooses to show them.
                Yes, and if you listened to what they actually said in context instead of the Chuck Schumer version, you would know they were referring to the evidence gathered during the House inquiry which the prosecution "forgot" to include in their presentation because it exonerated the President.

Comment

Oh, and if the Senate votes to allow new witnesses, Josh Hawley has a resolution ready to go to subpoena Joe, Hunter, Shifty Schiff, Eric Ciaramella, and all communications between Shifty's office and Ciaramella, as well as testimony from Shifty's secret hearings which he suppressed because it exonerated Trump, any communications between House impeachment managers and Democrat presidential candidates, and all documents related to Joe's push to have Shokin fired for investigating Hunter's company.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...whistleblower/

Are you sure you want to see ALL the evidence, Jimmy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Jim, they took hours and hours and hours and HOURS to repeat the same stuff over and over.... They had as much time as they wanted to put their case together in the House, but they were bang-whiz in SUCH A HURRY because it was so important it couldn't wait ----- then Nancy made them wait ----- then they presented a half-baked case for hours and hours and hours and HOURS....

It's like turning in your theme paper to the professor and telling him "I rushed like a mad man to get this finished, then stuck it in my dresser for a month, but never quite got it finished, so.... can YOU please complete it for me before grading it"?
                    If you had watched the prosecution present it's case in full, you'd have heard the explanation for the time problem. Don McGahn was supoenaed a year and a half ago and there is still no resolution, even though Judge Jackson ruled that he's required to abide by the subpoena and testify. He will then just appeal and appeal all the way up to the Supreme Court which could go on for years. And that would be the same for every witness and every document they supoena. Second, this impeachment is about soliciting foreign interference into the 2020 U.S. elections which are only 9 months away. The fact of the matter is that those supoenaed by the House are required to testify just as those who opted to did, without, if you noticed, any legal repercussions for defying the presidents order not to testify. But Trump, is again abusing his power, by defying the impeachment process according to the Constitution, by defying the House' sole power of the process. He gets away with that and that will be the end of the power of the House to impeach, the president will then, like Trump said, be able to do what ever he wants, and you will then have your dictator.

Comment

I did, along with the entire response, which was extremely weak. As Schiff assumed it would be, it was mostly a false complaint about process. I'll tell you what else they did, they made the defense case for them when it comes to allowing witnesses and documentary evidence into the trial. Did you glean that?
                      I think there is something wrong with your TV, Jim. The Dem's case is toast.

Comment

If you had watched the prosecution present it's case in full,....
                        I did. But I didn't watch it through Orange Man Bad glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                          He still hasn't figured out that sources he listens to are lying to him.

Comment

He still hasn't figured out that sources he listens to are lying to him.
                            You know we can forgive someone for being stupid, but we can't forgive someone who doesn't realize how stupid they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                              Simple assertion, no substance. The truth will come out whether the President and the Senate Republicans, and you btw, choose to cover it up.

Comment

Simple assertion, no substance. The truth will come out whether the President and the Senate Republicans, and you btw, choose to cover it up.
                                The truth is already out and the Dem's case is toast.

Comment