Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump bribery policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim, they took hours and hours and hours and HOURS to repeat the same stuff over and over.... They had as much time as they wanted to put their case together in the House, but they were bang-whiz in SUCH A HURRY because it was so important it couldn't wait ----- then Nancy made them wait ----- then they presented a half-baked case for hours and hours and hours and HOURS....

It's like turning in your theme paper to the professor and telling him "I rushed like a mad man to get this finished, then stuck it in my dresser for a month, but never quite got it finished, so.... can YOU please complete it for me before grading it"?
    They took the time alloted to them in the hopes of getting the facts through to the closed minded political team players like you out there. They knew how difficult that would be. Without witnesses, without documentary evidence, which will come out eventually, an aquittal will mean nothing other than that we have decided to keep a corrupt president in office.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      They took the time alloted to them in the hopes of getting the facts through to the closed minded political team players like you out there. They knew how difficult that would be. Without witnesses, without documentary evidence, which will come out eventually, an aquittal will mean nothing other than that we have decided to keep a corrupt president in office.
      They did present documents and witnesses. They even included numerous video clips from the House inquiry. The problem is that Shifty and his gang presented the clips out of context, focusing on the parts of testimony that seemed to implicate the President while leaving out the the parts that unambiguously exonerated him. This made it fairly easy for the defense to destroy the credibility of the prosecution by pointing out these lies of omission. Then there were the lies of fabrication. They played a clip of Shifty's "dramatization" of Trump's phonecall with Zelensky, and it's reported that the color drained from Shifty's face as he watched it!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        They did present documents and witnesses. They even included numerous video clips from the House inquiry. The problem is that Shifty and his gang presented the clips out of context, focusing on the parts of testimony that seemed to implicate the President while leaving out the the parts that unambiguously exonerated him. This made it fairly easy for the defense to destroy the credibility of the prosecution by pointing out these lies of omission. Then there were the lies of fabrication. They played a clip of Shifty's "dramatization" of Trump's phonecall with Zelensky, and it's reported that the color drained from Shifty's face as he watched it!
        Well, of course that's nonsense, but then again they know the gullibility of their target audience.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Well, of course that's nonsense, but then again they know the gullibility of their target audience.
          says the guy who started a thread about Trump approving bribery and his links didn't even work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            says the guy who started a thread about Trump approving bribery and his links didn't even work.
            But I helped my little buddy by doing his homework for him.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
              You know we can forgive someone for being stupid, but we can't forgive someone who doesn't realize how stupid they really are.
              I'd hazard that few people have a decent understanding of their own intelligence (or lack thereof).
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment