Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bolten says trump wanted the aid frozen until he had answers to inquires sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So we are talking about the content of the draft at this point.
    No, we are talking about what "sources say" the content of the draft is.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said the report has more to do with Bolton trying to increase his book advance.

“All Americans know that no human being is ever in a more hyperbolic state than when they are pitching a book deal," Gaetz told Fox News' Steve Hilton. "John Bolton right now isn't negotiating testimony, he’s negotiating the size of his advance. People make the boldest claims in the starkest terms to try to juice that advanced number. I don’t make much of this. I do think there is a correlated Democratic strategy to try to have these time-released fuses go off at various intervals. I think they’re trying to keep the show lively because they know the underlying facts do not support impeachment and would require this president to be exonerated.”

Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani responded to the report, telling ABC News he was "wrong" about Bolton.

"I used to like and respect John, and tell people they were wrong about how irresponsible he was. I was wrong," the told John Santucci, ABC's senior editorial producer.

"He never once expressed concern to me. If he had confronted me, I could have explained it to him.....He wasn’t man enough to just ask and instead makes false and irresponsible barges to write a book about his failed career."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42391[/ATTACH]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...olton-n2560152
      yada yada. Bolton had signaled long ago he has pertinent information about Trump's involvement with the Ukraine.

You are really going to just call EVERYONE a liar that tells the story of Trumps involvment with Ukraine? I guess so. Blind faith - fielty. EVERYONE is lying and Donald Trump (liar of liars) is telling the Truth?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It hasn't been released. It just became available for preorder, and on the same day as the "leak". What a coincidence.
        Seriously? Really?

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

nice move of the goal posts Pix. Although I can't imagine why you would need the clarification, the reference was perhaps more completely stated "95% of your posts to me".
          Funny, searching through the past 25 of my latest post, 8 were to you. That’s what? 32%? Expanding it out to 50 makes 11 post to you, or 22%. Even a quick glance proves your theory wrong. Sounds like anger is driving your thought process since you can’t even be bothered to check your claim for accuracy and prefer a smear campaign while whining about others doing what you’re currently engaged in, right now. Hypocrisy, got to love it.

Your twisted view of my post to MM about Vindman notwithstanding. MM was participating in a smear campaign against Vindman. And that is what I was addressing. The issue here is not that Vindman is a liar, there is no evidence he is lying. The most one could say in support of Trump is that perhaps he was mistaken.
          The king of smears complains about smear campaigns, your anger and hypocrisy is catching up to you because how right or wrong someone is has nothing to do with their service record or awards and you’re simply trying to make it into a huge issue so you can than smear MM, just as you smeared me above. Your record isn’t doing so well Jim. Why are you so angry Jim? Why are you smearing your fellow Christians for not thinking like you?

But instead there is a smear campaign to discredit him for no reason other than the fact he was willing to stand up and say what he saw happening. And what he saw is bad for trump. So despite his service to this county, in spite of the cost of that service, and in spite of the fact he has taken great risk to himself to tell the truth, people like MM and the GOP (and apparently you) are willing to smear his name. All to support a corrupt man with no honor that dodged his service to this country. And there can be not excuse for that. To smear a person like Vindman to support a crook like Trump is evil.

And that is what I'm speaking against here.
          The king of smears whines about smears. Physician, heal thyself!
          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-27-2020, 11:37 AM.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You are really going to just call EVERYONE a liar that tells the story of Trumps involvment with Ukraine?
            I haven't called anybody a liar. All I've done is cite different sources to try to put this story into context since it's rarely a good idea to take things at face value, especially when they're coming from a rag like the New York Times. What's the matter, don't you want a fuller perspective? Perhaps you're not as interested in the truth as you claim.

I also appreciate the irony of you launching into unprovoked personal attacks against me. Perhaps you're not as interested in civility as you claim. "Do as I say, not as I do." A true pharisee to the end.

Comment

Blind faith - fielty.
              Full projection mode, you're the one with blind faith in the NYT's koolaid.

Behold the downfall of an ex-conservative, sad!

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                Full projection mode, you're the one with blind faith in the NYT's koolaid.

Behold the downfall of an ex-conservative, sad!
                I was never a conservative that would lie about the truth or cover for those that do. If that is what it takes to be a 'true conservative', then Hallelujah I am no longer considered in that camp.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I haven't called anybody a liar. All I've done is cite different sources to try to put this story into context since it's rarely a good idea to take things at face value, especially when they're coming from a rag like the New York Times. What's the matter, don't you want a fuller perspective? Perhaps you're not as interested in the truth as you claim.

I also appreciate the irony of you launching into unprovoked personal attacks against me. Perhaps you're not as interested in civility as you claim. "Do as I say, not as I do." A true pharisee to the end.
                  Never called anyone a liar? Seriously? How short your memory is. You just called Vindman a liar. The list is as long as there are people who've put themselves in Trump's way. From Ford to Comey to Vindman and everyone in between.

Unprovoked? Seriously? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    *Bolton

There's no need for that, he was just yugely excited about Trump finally going down this time, really!

Comment

I see. So the fact he abused his power and was trying to coerce a foreign government to help with his Political campaign in 2020 is fine with you? The fact he held up money he lawfully did not have a valid reason to hold does not matter to you?
                      Even if we took half of the premises behind your claim as true, Biden has not yet been chosen as the Democrat candidate. Nor does he seem to be a viable candidate. This is not good grounds to reject an investigation into Biden's corrupt behavior -- when is a better time to investigate this? Only if he is elected President?

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Funny, searching through the past 25 of my latest post, 8 were to you. That’s what? 32%? Expanding it out to 50 makes 11 post to you, or 22%. Even a quick glance proves your theory wrong. Sounds like anger is driving your thought process since you can’t even be bothered to check your claim for accuracy and prefer a smear campaign while whining about others doing what you’re currently engaged in, right now. Hypocrisy, got to love it.
                        Wow - I spell it out on the level a school child could grasp it and you still don't get it. 95% of THE CONTENT of your posts TO ME pix.

Let's make even simpler, even more clear. What I'm saying is that if you typed 100 words in those 8 posts, on average, based on your posting history to me, 95 of those words would be devoted to creating derogatory comments towards me.

So, for example, in this post you have 171 words. 37 of them are not directly devoted to trashing me (those would be the words calculating the mistaken percentages, which still technically are devoted to trashing me, but I'm being generous). That is 79%

Now, do I need to actually go count the actual words you've written in all you posts to me in this thread, or the top 10 threads in this forum, and if the actual percentage is not 95.000%, are you going to claim that also means I'm incorrect?

The king of smears complains about smear campaigns, your anger and hypocrisy is catching up to you because how right or wrong someone is has nothing to do with their service record or awards and you’re simply trying to make it into a huge issue so you can than smear MM, just as you smeared me above. Your record isn’t doing so well Jim. Why are you so angry Jim? Why are you smearing your fellow Christians for not thinking like you?

The king of smears whines about smears. Physician, heal thyself!
                        And I rest my case.

Comment

Mulvaney denies claims by the New York Times and the allegations made in the supposed transcript.

Capture.JPG
                          https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/...nald-trump-n89

Comment

Representative Mark Meadows:

"We’re talking about an unpublished manuscript that only ‘anonymous sources’ have seen, leaked by someone at the 11th hour, just as Democrats are losing what little impeachment momentum they had left. We’ve seen this playbook used before. Americans won’t buy it.

"The latest New York Times report may provide fodder for a political narrative, but it doesn’t change the facts. And in reality, the facts haven’t changed since day one of this circus. The call transcript shows zero link between aid and political investigations. The aid was ultimately released with no political investigations from Ukraine. Ukraine’s leadership had no knowledge of the hold on aid until an August 29 media report. President Zelensky and President Trump both say 'no pressure.' And in five U.S.-Ukraine meetings between the hold and release of aid, not one time was any link between aid and political investigations discussed."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...cript-n2560171

It's surprising just how quickly this story is unraveling. Seems we've all gotten pretty good at diffusing fake news "bombshells".

Comment

No MM. Just disgusted that my gut feel about where you and others actually stand on these issues was correct. You have day after day, week after week, month after month, abandoned all moral sense in support of this president. You have supported him in every evil thing he has done, and you have made excuses for every law he's broken. And now, when it is absolutely clear that he did indeed coerce Ukraine and try to enlist them to interfere with our elections, you are still making up stories, pretending there is some doubt that could justify continuing to defend him, to the point you are willing to smear the names of moral, upright men with the courage to stand up to your idol. I don't understand it, but I know it is wrong. So you can call me all the derogatory names you want, but I'm not the one rejoicing in the smearing a courageous moral man, a man who though courage and bravery in the face of unthinkable danger earned a purple heart, and who has the courage to take the bile of people like you for the good of his country.
                              Let’s go to the post that started it all. How much of this post is you just insulting MM, king hypocrite? Pretty much the entire thing, correct? Do tell, why are you allowed to do this, but I can’t?

Don’t do what I do, just do what I say!

Did I get the thrust of your hypocritical belief system? You set the tone Jim, so why do you complain when others respond, in kind?
                              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-27-2020, 12:28 PM.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                Let’s go to the post that started it all. How much of this post is you just insulting MM, king hypocrite? Pretty much the entire thing, correct? Do tell, why are you allowed to do this, but I can’t?
                                I do it on occasion, you do it all the time. Clearly, nothing is preventing you, it's not a matter of can or can't, it's a matter of does or doesn't.

Bottom line - MM and I have our spats, but we also at least half the time have meaningful discussion.

That balance does not exist with you.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-27-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment