Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bolten says trump wanted the aid frozen until he had answers to inquires sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is interesting, it seems that Alex Vindman's brother works in the NSC department that clears manuscripts for publication, and we know Vindman's unscrupulous history and his willingness to play fast and loose with the facts. Did we just discover the source of the leak?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nsc-officials/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      It's not impeachable because Trump is a Republican.
      More that he's "God's man" in one sense or another. It's all about not letting the Democrats have control. They hate the Democrats and what they see as the 'liberal agenda' more than they hate the fact Trump is a narcissistic psychopath who will start a nuclear war before he will do something that is not in his own interests. He's aligned the right way on abortion, gay rights, immigration, trade, what they see as overreach by the EPA, and global warming. And he's willing to do what they want in those areas. So they could really care less what else is involved. As He himself said, he can shoot someone in broad daylight and they'd be ok with it as long as he keeps backing them up on these other issues. It's the US Christian Evangelicals meet Machiavelli and find out they have a lot more in common than they thought.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-27-2020, 07:42 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Now this is interesting, it seems that Alex Vindman's brother works in the NSC department that clears manuscripts for publication, and we know Vindman's unscrupulous history and his willingness to play fast and loose with the facts. Did we just discover the source of the leak?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nsc-officials/
        There is no end to the number of people that will be smeared to make sure this crook stays in office. End justifies the means I guess. Machiavelli would be proud to have welcomed so many of the Christian faith into his house. I bet he never believed he'd see the day when Christian people would abandon their 'weakness' and join him in his quests.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

"Reportedly said".

But again, it seems nobody told the Ukrainian government since they were never told about the temporary hold, and they have repeatedly said they felt no pressure,, so...
          No, it doesn't seem that Ukraine didn't know, it seems they did know of the hold on the aid before the infamous phone call in July. Did you not watch the trial testimony. What made my ears perk up was the newly released call between Trump and Lev Parnas where Trump asks; how long can Ukraine hold up against the Russians without U.S. aid and the answer was "not long." So. who would continue to hold up military aid while believing it critical to an ally defending themselves against a common adversary. A traitor perhaps!
          Last edited by JimL; 01-27-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            There is no end to the number of people that will be smeared to make sure this crook stays in office. End justifies the means I guess. Machiavelli would be proud to have welcomed so many of the Christian faith into his house. I bet he never believed he'd see the day when Christian people would abandon their 'weakness' and join him in his quests.
            You're coming across as hysterical and irrational.

Not to mention your self-righteous tone conflicts with the fact that you're placing all of your faith in in unconfirmed rumors from anonymous sources published by a newspaper that has a long history of printing false stories.

Stones, glass houses, etc. etc.

Comment

You're coming across as hysterical and irrational.

Not to mention your self-righteous tone conflicts with the fact that you're placing all of your faith in in unconfirmed rumors from anonymous sources published by a newspaper that has a long history of printing false stories.

Stones, glass houses, etc. etc.
              No MM. Just disgusted that my gut feel about where you and others actually stand on these issues was correct. You have day after day, week after week, month after month, abandoned all moral sense in support of this president. You have supported him in every evil thing he has done, and you have made excuses for every law he's broken. And now, when it is absolutely clear that he did indeed coerce Ukraine and try to enlist them to interfere with our elections, you are still making up stories, pretending there is some doubt that could justify continuing to defend him, to the point you are willing to smear the names of moral, upright men with the courage to stand up to your idol. I don't understand it, but I know it is wrong. So you can call me all the derogatory names you want, but I'm not the one rejoicing in the smearing a courageous moral man, a man who though courage and bravery in the face of unthinkable danger earned a purple heart, and who has the courage to take the bile of people like you for the good of his country.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-27-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                No, it doesn't seem that Ukraine didn't know, it seems they did know of the hold on the aid before the infamous phone call in July.
                Says who? Certainly not anybody in the Ukrainian government who has consistently said there was no pressure to begin investigations.

Comment

No MM. Just disgusted that my gut feel about where you and others actually stand on these issues was correct. You have day after day, week after week, month after month, abandoned all moral sense in support of this president. You have supported him in every evil thing he has done, and you have made excuses for every law he's broken. And now, when it is absolutely clear that he did indeed coerce Ukraine and try to enlist them to interfere with our elections, you are still making up stories, pretending there is some doubt that could justify continuing to defend him, to the point you are willing to smear the names of moral, upright men with the courage to stand up to your idol. I don't understand it, but I know it is wrong. So you can call me all the derogatory names you want, but I'm not the one rejoicing in the smearing a courageous moral man, a man who though courage and bravery in the face of unthinkable danger earned a purple heart, and who has the courage to take the bile of people like you for the good of his country.
                  Humm, I’ve spent years of my life out there serving the military, spending about 2 and a half years of my oldest child’s life deployed. Yet you feel it perfectly okay to smear me for disagreeing with you. Hypocrisy, got to love it.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Says who? Certainly not anybody in the Ukrainian government who has consistently said there was no pressure to begin investigations.
                    Those in our own government testified to discussing it with Ukranian officials, including Sondland, Taylor, Cooper who all testified to it under oath in the House inquiry.

Comment

Classic case of confirmation bias. You're referencing a story with no direct quotes from anonymous sources and then getting bent out of shape that we're not immediately accepting the narrative.

Comment

Classic case of confirmation bias. You're referencing a story with no direct quotes from anonymous sources and then getting bent out of shape that we're not immediately accepting the narrative.
                        I think it’s funny that he chills you for smearing a man that has ‘served his country, with distinction’ yet he has no issue smearing me, who has also served with distinction too. I have a shelf in my closet filled with military awards and decorations, so why is it not a problem to smear me?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Those in our own government testified to discussing it with Ukranian officials, including Sondland, Taylor, Cooper who all testified to it under oath in the House inquiry.
                          Sondland's claims were directly contradicted by the Ukrainian official he supposedly spoke with. And at any rate, none of them testified to acting on direct instructions from the President.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            I think it’s funny that he chills you for smearing a man that has ‘served his country, with distinction’ yet he has no issue smearing me, who has also served with distinction too. I have a shelf in my closet filled with military awards and decorations, so why is it not a problem to smear me?
                            Has Vindman served with distinction? That's the liberal narrative, but he was once reprimanded for trash talking America in front of Russian officials, his professional colleagues have described him as a Democrat hack who junior officers felt uncomfortable around, and he is a known source of leaks.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...r-in-military/

So not exactly the honorable man ox makes him out to be.

Comment

Sondland's claims were directly contradicted by the Ukrainian official he supposedly spoke with. And at any rate, none of them testified to acting on direct instructions from the President.
                              There is no other legitimate reason for the hold on aid, and, as required by law, Trump gave no reason to Congress for the hold on the aid, and, according to testimony, everyone involved, including Ukraine knew what the reason for the hold on aid was.

Apparently Trump was the only one who didn't know what was going on.

Comment

There is no other legitimate reason for the hold on aid, and, as required by law, Trump gave no reason to Congress for the hold on the aid, and, according to testimony, everyone involved, including Ukraine knew what the reason for the hold on aid was.

Apparently Trump was the only one who didn't know what was going on.
                                There are lots of legitimate reasons to withhold aid, and since it was released before the deadline, there was no reason to inform Congress. Also, no evidence that Ukraine knew or believed the delay to be tied toinvestigations, and certainly Trump never directed anybody to deliver that message. Not even this sketchy leak says it was a directive.

Comment