Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment Standards: Dershowitz and Philbin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Fair to say that your snittiness has something to do with being upset at how the impeachment circus ended?

Consistently, I've expected better of you and have been consistently disappointed. If I'm being curt, it's not because I expected more from Republican congressmen but because I expected more from you.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      You weren't asked to leave the previous thread because you were being snarky...
      Can you please refresh my memory as to what thread it was from which I was unceremoniously kicked, so I don't accidentally wander in there and get in trouble?

Thanks
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Fair to say that your snittiness has something to do with being upset at how the impeachment circus ended?
        The impeachment and trial (as the latter was laughingly referred to) went just fine. Apart from his loony Evangelical core group, Trump’s reputation and that of his self-serving GOP Senators is in tatters. But he’s still in office (until he’s booted out in November), which blocks the sanctimonious Dominionist vice-president assuming power.
        Last edited by Tassman; 02-06-2020, 01:18 AM.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• So if it is wrong for Trump to abuse his official power to try to ruin the reputation of someone in the upcoming election, then why is it OK for the House Democrats to abuse their official power to eliminate Trump from the next election? And according to Nadler they are not giving up but will continue to do so. It is clear this is entirely a partisan thing with the Democrats trying to steal the next election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So if it is wrong for Trump to abuse his official power to try to ruin the reputation of someone in the upcoming election, then why is it OK for the House Democrats to abuse their official power to eliminate Trump from the next election? And according to Nadler they are not giving up but will continue to do so. It is clear this is entirely a partisan thing with the Democrats trying to steal the next election.
            As Schiff said they can't trust the public to remove Trump at the ballot box so they've got to do it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As Schiff said they can't trust the public to remove Trump at the ballot box so they've got to do it.
              Yeah, openly admitting they are trying to steal the election from the American People.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                The impeachment and trial (as the latter was laughingly referred to) went just fine. Apart from his loony Evangelical core group, Trump’s reputation and that of his self-serving GOP Senators is in tatters. But he’s still in office (until he’s booted out in November), which blocks the sanctimonious Dominionist vice-president assuming power.
                This sounds like the self-comforting speech of an extreme loser.

Hey!!!! Are you part of one of the Democrats' focus groups? Maybe they've extended their focus groups "off shore"?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  So if it is wrong for Trump to abuse his official power to try to ruin the reputation of someone in the upcoming election, then why is it OK for the House Democrats to abuse their official power to eliminate Trump from the next election? And according to Nadler they are not giving up but will continue to do so. It is clear this is entirely a partisan thing with the Democrats trying to steal the next election.
                  What's clear is that the democrats are abiding their oath to uphold and protect the Constitution which is what Impeachment is all about. The Framers didn't say to leave alleged presidential crimes up to the voters to judge, they left that task up to the Senate.

Comment

Yeah, imagine that, that's the way the Framers saw it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      What's clear is that the democrats are abiding their oath to uphold and protect the Constitution
                      No, Jim, that's only "clear" to partisan hacks, because all they're doing is trying to find a way -- ANY way --- to get rid of Trump, and they've suckered you into buying their scam.

which is what Impeachment is all about.
                      They have weaponized impeachment, just as the FF feared.

The Framers didn't say to leave alleged presidential crimes up to the voters to judge, they left that task up to the Senate.
                      And the Senate, given SOLE POWER over the conviction/removal section of impeachment, squashed that stinkbug dead. Good on them. Time for you to get over it, Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        This sounds like the self-comforting speech of an extreme loser.

Hey!!!! Are you part of one of the Democrats' focus groups? Maybe they've extended their focus groups "off shore"?
                        Iowa Republican Caucus results:

Trump - 31,464 - 97.1%
                        Weld - 426 - 1.3%
                        Walsh - 348 - 1.1%

Looks like impeachment hurt Trump big time!
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Yeah, imagine that, that's the way the Framers saw it too.
                          Might want to be careful eating all those sour grapes. You wouldn’t want your face to freeze that way.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Iowa Republican Caucus results:

Trump - 31,464 - 97.1%
                            Weld - 426 - 1.3%
                            Walsh - 348. - 1.1%

Looks like impeachment hurt Trump big time!
                            Do we have turnout figures for both parties?
                            It'd be interesting to see turnout per party relative to state party affiliation.

Just out of curiosity.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Might want to be careful eating all those sour grapes. You wouldn’t want your face to freeze that way.
                              I think they're fermented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Do we have turnout figures for both parties?
                                It'd be interesting to see turnout per party relative to state party affiliation.

Just out of curiosity.
                                I’m not sure, but it doesn’t appear that too many Iowa Republicans cared much about the impeachment.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment