Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Climate change and global warming 2020

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    I addressed Lurch's argument, which mistakenly asserts that the scam conclusion comes from the funding issue. There was no need to cite temp evidence regarding those objections to a wholly political argument. (To be fair, I only commented and didn't even lay out the whole argument - which is also not necessary here.)

Besides, you (general) are weighting temperature data - 180 years of thermometer tech and you can't reliably collect the most basic of data? Riiiight... instills soooo much trust in the computer models that have failed to deliver a single accurate prediction in now 20 years. Meanwhile, atmospheric carbon levels are supposedly at historic lows and commercial growers routinely inject CO2 into growing houses as do aquariums that house live plants. Desertification reversal efforts and land reclaimation efforts that concentrate on site specific management are showing actual positive results where 50 years of UN sponsorship show the dead opposite.

Give us your autonomy, money and sovereignty and we'll save the planet by throwing a temper tantrum prone teen at it - and just ignore the crazy woman saying the planet only has twelve years - unless that makes you want to give us more money. Hurry, Global Warming TM will probably happen anyway in a thousand years whether or not you act now! Don't be a poopiehead on the wrong side of Science!TM

Riiight... Hmm, I wonder if one of those CO2 systems will work in a tall tunnel?

First the evidence is root simple, and does not require heavy funding from any one regardless, The dramatic rise in CO2 since the industrial Revolution parallels the rise in air and sea temperatures, sea levels, and the melting of the ice capes. The rest of the scientific research supports this regardless of the funding sources. There is no 'objective verifiable evidence' nor scientific research supports the detractors to global warming like you. You need evidence and science and rhetoric.

This global warming event matches prior global warming events that parallel the the rise of CO2 in the past with rising sea levels. If the parallel relationship continues the Piedmont of the Eastern USA will be ocean front property as it was in the past.

This thread will cite real scientific research and data supporting global warming.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-13-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This research was done for the Northern latitudes of the USA, but I believe this applies all over the world. The Tropical latitudes have changed little or no change at all, and the most Northern latitudes are warming. The exception is Antarctica where it is protected by the currents around Antarctica. The increasingly warm under sea currents upwelling along the coastal regions is what is melting the glaciers.

Source: https://www.npr.org/2020/02/18/803125282/how-warming-winters-are-affecting-everything?ft=nprml&f=1001

How Warming Winters Are Affecting Everything

Winters are warming faster than other seasons across much of the United States. While that may sound like a welcome change for those bundled in scarves and hats, it's causing a cascade of unpredictable impacts in communities across the country.

Temperatures continue to steadily rise around the globe, but that trend isn't spread evenly across the map or even the yearly calendar.

"The cold seasons are warming faster than the warm seasons," says Deke Arndt, chief of climate monitoring at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Centers for Environmental Information. "The colder times of day are warming faster than warmer times of day. And the colder places are warming faster than the warmer places."

In the U.S., that means winters in both Maine and Alaska are around 5 degrees Fahrenheit hotter on average since the early 1900s. One reason: The snowpack, which is a good reflector of sunlight, is melting earlier in the season. With fewer days of snow cover, sunlight is absorbed into the ground and warms the surrounding area.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-20-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.