Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus declared public health emergency by WHO

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Coronavirus declared public health emergency by WHO

It figures that no one here has mentioned this by now. Your heads are even more in the sand/up your rears than I thought. Prepare.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not being an epidemiologist, I'm completely clueless about why they keep comparing it to the influenza virus. They say the flu virus is worse and has killed more people, but hasn't the flu virus had enough time to spread, whereas CV has only been concentrated in specific areas? But this is probably my ignorance, and I don't even have a clue where flu viruses originate and how they spread so fast each year.

Also, from what I understand, they're finding out that this can incubate for up to two week in a person without showing symptoms yet is still contagious. And there's also dispute about China's reporting of the information, or that the death rate is much worse than they're reporting.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    At this point, it's all a big "meh" to me.

On the news, it's lots of frantic scary headlines.

But the details don't seem to live up to the hype. Unless the reported numbers are way off, I don't think the mortality rate is any worse than the flu. The (admittedly few) people in the U.S. who have contracted it don't seem to have symptoms worse than flu or even bad cold.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Go and find a copy of Michael Chrichton's "State of Fear".

Then read it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Not being an epidemiologist, I'm completely clueless about why they keep comparing it to the influenza virus. They say the flu virus is worse and has killed more people, but hasn't the flu virus had enough time to spread, whereas CV has only been concentrated in specific areas? But this is probably my ignorance, and I don't even have a clue where flu viruses originate and how they spread so fast each year.

Also, from what I understand, they're finding out that this can incubate for up to two week in a person without showing symptoms yet is still contagious. And there's also dispute about China's reporting of the information, or that the death rate is much worse than they're reporting.
    We have "herd immunity" to the flu, so the vast majority of deaths occur in the elderly, the very young and the immunocompromised. No one has experienced this virus before. WHO also admitted that roughly 20% (at least) of cases result in pneumonia or severe respiratory complications. That's a huge number. And the video shows why this virus is exponentially more contagious than the flu.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I bet this will turn out to be another swine flu or SARs like scare.

Either that or it is Captain Trips and the world is about to end (see: The Stand by Stephen King)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We are all going to die one day. As believers we have an eternal home in heaven and our lives are in God's hands. If He chooses to take us out of the world with this CV or any other way so be it. God's will be done. This (often scary full of suffering) world is not our home.

8. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esther View Post
    We are all going to die one day. As believers we have an eternal home in heaven and our lives are in God's hands. If He chooses to take us out of the world with this CV or any other way so be it. God's will be done. This (often scary full of suffering) world is not our home.
    What if God's will is that you help save others and fight the wickedness in this world rather than portray your disinterest in advancing His kingdom as holiness? Your logic taken to its end would have us take our lives to "get home sooner".

My home is where Christ is, whether that be here, in heaven or in Sheol. And He said the only way He and His Father would be one with us is if we did their will.

And God didn't make the coronavirus. A very different entity did.

Please keep your coping out of the thread.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    What if God's will is that you help save others and fight the wickedness in this world rather than portray your disinterest in advancing His kingdom as holiness? Your logic taken to its end would have us take our lives to "get home sooner".

My home is where Christ is, whether that be here, in heaven or in Sheol. And He said the only way He and His Father would be one with us is if we did their will.

And God didn't make the coronavirus. A very different entity did.

Please keep your coping out of the thread.
    If God doesn't want to call us home, then we won't be. He is sovereign. If he allows a virus to kill us, then that is only by his permission. Esther was merely saying that even if something bad happens to us here, we can still depend on God, and we are ultimately saved and will be with him for eternity. That doesn't mean we should just sit on our butts and do nothing. We should make the most of our time here while we can. But we also shouldn't worry too much about what we can't control.

But then you are only here to hate and accuse. You are not here for discussion. Reminds me of some other accuser in the bible.

11. Amen mossrose, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I bet this will turn out to be another swine flu or SARs like scare.

Either that or it is Captain Trips and the world is about to end (see: The Stand by Stephen King)

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/nih-...y-serious.html

About 25% of them have very serious disease, requiring relatively intensive or really intensive care,” NIH’s Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Monday.

China’s National Health Commission said the confirmed coronavirus cases in China increased to 17,205. The death toll rose to 361 there. [More than twice total number of SARS cases in less than half the time]

“There are probably a lot more people who were infected in China who have not been really counted,” Fauci said. “The number is probably much larger.”