Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Coronavirus declared public health emergency by WHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice that it took you only five minutes. I'm ok at Googling, and I'm confident it would have taken me much longer, if I managed it at all.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

here are the demographics for coronavirus fatalities by age:

ScreenHunter_.jpg

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

other risk factors: Higher if you are male, and if you have pre-existing conditions like coronary disease and diabetes.

Comment

Huh. The flu is dangerous to the very old and the very young. This seems most dangerous to the very old. So, no need to panic. Just hope not too many very old people get it. And even then, they have a 4 in 5 chance of survival. This is not Ebola! The flu kills many people every year and no one panics. Is this the car crashes vs plane crashes thing where the more rare events are scarier because they are covered by the news because it is rare? Are humans just scared of the unknown?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43011[/ATTACH]

other risk factors: Higher if you are male, and if you have pre-existing conditions like coronary disease and diabetes.
          That site looks pretty useful overall.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

https://www.rt.com/news/481837-coron...l-binding-hiv/

Chinese scientists have reported that the coronavirus ripping through populations worldwide is much more likely than its close cousin Sars to bind to human cells, as it contains unexpected genes which link it to HIV and Ebola.

The research comes from Nankai University in the north Chinese city of Tianjin. Published on February 14, it has already become one of the most viewed papers on the platform, indicating the massive interest both in China and abroad for the latest findings on the virus.

It is well-known by now that 2019-nCoV shares over 80 percent of its DNA with Sars virus, making the cause of the 2002/3 outbreak in Southeast Asia its closest genetic relative. Sars invaded the human body by binding to a receptor protein, called ACE2, on the membranes of cells. But this was ultimately the downfall of that virus — ACE2 is rare in the cells of healthy people, which limited the spread of Sars significantly, resulting in it burning itself out by 2004. In the end, only about 8,000 people worldwide were infected, as compared to covid-19 which has already infected over 80,000 people.

Not the flu, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43011[/ATTACH]

if you take out the old age groups which are the highest and just start at the 60 - 69 group, the death rate is an avg of just under 1%. I wonder how many of THOSE were imuno-compromised...fear mongering is still the name of the game!
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Oh, and if someone was not sick enough to get tested by a doctor or just never went to the doctor, they won't be in the statistics. Becuase no one knew they had the disease.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Yes, the death rate below 69 is probably below 0.01%, less than one in ten thousand.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Advice of demi: if young just stay healthy, stay hydrated, be good. If old please make wills.
                    Bump.

The CDC back in Obama's day didn't have sufficient masks or hospital beds or ICU beds or negative pressure rooms or medical staff to deal with an actual pandemic-level threat. This is the same throughout the whole world. The 'special task force for Ebola' and other nonsense started in Obama's day didn't fix this despite being there for 3-4 years.

People simply need to accept that all governments have not prepared well for deadly pandemics that could be reasonably expected to happen from time to time. None of the CDCs across the world are prepared. No country is prepared.
                    ^If this isn't obvious by now, internalise it.
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      if you take out the old age groups which are the highest and just start at the 60 - 69 group, the death rate is an avg of just under 1%. I wonder how many of THOSE were imuno-compromised...fear mongering is still the name of the game!
                      The calculations are unreliable because they compare the dead with anyone who is or was sick when they should compare deaths to cleared cases only.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Generally speaking, I don't take advice from people who speak in the third person.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          The calculations are unreliable because they compare the dead with anyone who is or was sick when they should compare deaths to cleared cases only.
                          After looking at it, I actually agree with you here. Current world wide death rate of all closed cases stands (as of today) at 16%
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Yes, the death rate below 69 is probably below 0.01%, less than one in ten thousand.
                            Did you see Sparko's post? You're off by more than a little.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Generally speaking, KingsGambit doesn't take advice from people who speak in the third person.
                              FIFY, much funnier now.

Comment

Here is some useful information from a highly qualified doctor about what exactly the virus is, what it does (why it isn't the flu), how it kills and the threat it represents.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X