Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iowa Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, is it true that Bernie won the "popular vote", but because of their system (which is somewhat akin to the Electoral College) Pete won?
    I don't know. It looks really close. I would call it a tie.

But look at how poorly Biden did.

Do you think Bernie can make it to the election? He looks pretty frail to me. I think Pete got so many votes simply because he isn't a doddering old fart like the rest of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If I had to choose between the two, I would vote for Pete over Bernie.
      Are we ready for a first husband in the white house?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Are we ready for a first husband in the white house?
        I am my wife's first husband. And she is my first wife!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I don't know. It looks really close. I would call it a tie.

But look at how poorly Biden did.

Do you think Bernie can make it to the election? He looks pretty frail to me. I think Pete got so many votes simply because he isn't a doddering old fart like the rest of them are.
          I think Pete got so many votes because of the structure of the Iowa Caucus --- it's more about a popularity contest and who can turn out people to vote.

But, he hasn't been under withering fire like Trump. Yet. And I'd guess that anybody who attacked his poor record will be declared a homophobe.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So now it is our fault!

Iowa Democratic official blames Trump supporters for Iowa caucuses debacle

It took two full days, but Iowa Democrats found a way to connect their total failure to count Iowa caucus votes to President Donald Trump.

Bloomberg reported Wednesday night that state Democratic caucus central committee member Ken Sagar, without evidence, blamed the communications breakdown on Trump supporters jamming up phone lines and preventing precinct officials from calling in results to the state party.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/iowa-d...ucuses-debacle
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So now it is our fault!
              Laughing.... so... the Republicans KNEW the app was a disaster, and were organized and efficient enough to immediately jump on the phone lines..... and THEN the dog came in and ate their homework?

This is hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

This is hysterical.
                But not surprising...

Comment

So now it is our fault!
                  If only there was some way they could have not used an untested app as their primary means of vote tabulation.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So now it is our fault!

Iowa Democratic official blames Trump supporters for Iowa caucuses debacle

It took two full days, but Iowa Democrats found a way to connect their total failure to count Iowa caucus votes to President Donald Trump.

Bloomberg reported Wednesday night that state Democratic caucus central committee member Ken Sagar, without evidence, blamed the communications breakdown on Trump supporters jamming up phone lines and preventing precinct officials from calling in results to the state party.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/iowa-d...ucuses-debacle
                    Interesting because news reports were saying that precinct officials called state HQ but were either simply left on hold or hung up on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Interesting because news reports were saying that precinct officials called state HQ but were either simply left on hold or hung up on.
                      So the Republicans were controlling the phones too! It all makes sense!

Comment

Nevada primary should be interesting. I really wish I could find out more about the company of the app they're using. Unless I missed it, this article is pretty mum about it.

Comment

So now it is our fault!
                          link appears to be broken or someone on the interent is pulling a fast one i keep getting an error page when I try click on the link.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            link appears to be broken or someone on the interent is pulling a fast one i keep getting an error page when I try click on the link.
                            I have no problem getting there but to read more than the first couple of paragraphs you have to "click here." Probably requesting you subscribe to continue but I wasn't curious enough to find out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I have no problem getting there but to read more than the first couple of paragraphs you have to "click here." Probably requesting you subscribe to continue but I wasn't curious enough to find out.
                              I keep getting Corrupted Content Error page. wonder if The Blaze is having a DOS attack because when I try to get to The Blaze it self I get that same error page
                              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-06-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                I keep getting Corrupted Content Error page. wonder if The Blaze is having a DOS attack because when I try to get to The Blaze it self I get that same error page
                                I just got through...

Comment