Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iowa Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So what, he delved into male-female sexual fantasy in an essay 40 years ago.
    You guys are amazing --- if a Republican did something as a teenager, HANG HIM HIGH!!!! If a Democrat does something... well, that was LONG AGO!!!!!

Grow up.
    NEVER!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The side that constantly tells us to "move on" (even starting an organization with that name) are also the ones who thought rumors about Mitt Romney bullying another kid when they were kids in school was a big story that revealed a lot about his character.
      Or absolutely shutting down Paula Deen for saying the N word many years ago, when, sadly, it was a common expression....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You guys are amazing --- if a Republican did something as a teenager, HANG HIM HIGH!!!! If a Democrat does something... well, that was LONG AGO!!!!!
        It’s amazing how forgiving liberals are to other liberals while treating anything a conservative does as enemies at the gates.

A liberal shown wearing blackface, 30 years ago:

“It’s okay, it happened in a different era!”

A conservative shown J Walking 30 years ago:

“What a criminal! We need to dig into every aspect of their lives and see what else they are guilty of doing!”
        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 02-09-2020, 08:45 AM.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Dredging up the excuses offered by Al Franken
          Al Franken should never have resigned in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            It’s amazing how forgiving liberals are to other liberals while treating anything a conservative does as enemies at the gates.

A liberal shown wearing blackface, 30 years ago:

“It’s okay, it happened in a different era!”

A conservative shown J Walking 30 years ago:

“What a criminal! We need to dig into every aspect of their lives and see what else they are guilty of doing!”
            What's amazing is your ridiculous hyperbole.

Comment

Al Franken should never have resigned in the first place.
              I agree!!! There was TREMENDOUS entertainment value there, of which we are now deprived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I agree!!! There was TREMENDOUS entertainment value there, of which we are now deprived.
                Well you can always tune in to the Al Franken show on SiriusXm saturday mornings.

Comment

What's amazing is your ridiculous hyperbole.
                  It’s on spot Jimmy. Democrats always make excuses for the crimes or bad decisions of other democrats, while demonizing their opponents when they do the same thing. Look how they acted towards the Clinton impeachment vs the Trump impeachment. Examples in hypocrisy were everywhere.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It’s on spot Jimmy.
                    Nitpick. That would be "spot on" Lilpix.

Democrats always make excuses for the crimes or bad decisions of other democrats, while demonizing their opponents when they do the same thing. Look how they acted towards the Clinton impeachment vs the Trump impeachment. Examples in hypocrisy were everywhere.
                    The democrats censured Clinton for lying about a sexual affair, Republicans excused Trump from violating the Constitution (emoluments clause) violating the law, (the Impoundment act,) and what amounts to treason in aiding the Russians in their agressive war against an ally and struggling democracy.
                    Last edited by JimL; 02-09-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Nitpick. That would be "spot on" Lilpix.
                      You’re hardly in the position to correct people’s spelling or grammar. I’m dyslexic, so have an excuse, what’s yours?

The democrats censured Clinton for lying about a sexual affair, Republicans excused Trump from violating the Constitution (emoluments clause) violating the law, (the Impoundment act,) and what amounts to treason in aiding the Russians in their agressive war against an ally and struggling democracy.
                      Still following the lies of your masters?

1. Clinton was impeached for lying, under oath.
                      2. No where does Trumps impeachment mention the emoluments clause.
                      3. Obama violated many federal laws and acts, why was he not impeached for it?
                      4. Trump aided their Russias so good, he gave the Ukraine’s weapons to fight them with while Obama gave them blankets and food.

Like I said, Democrats excuse away their own all the time, as you’ve so demonstrated for me.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

YouÂ’re hardly in the position to correct peopleÂ’s spelling or grammar. IÂ’m dyslexic, so have an excuse, whatÂ’s yours?
                        Btw, you constantly use "then" in place of "than." Be more careful or I'll report you to, CP.

Still following the lies of your masters?

1. Clinton was impeached for lying, under oath.
                        That's what I said, concerning a sexual affair.
                        2. No where does Trumps impeachment mention the emoluments clause.
                        That's what accepting a thing of value from a foreign country is, Lilpix.
                        3. Obama violated many federal laws and acts, why was he not impeached for it?
                        Apparently your republican reps disagreed with you.
                        4. Trump aided their Russias so good, he gave the UkraineÂ’s weapons to fight them with while Obama gave them blankets and food.
                        Is that right? So why then do you suppose he all of a sudden froze the aid that he had previously had no problem with sending?
                        Like I said, Democrats excuse away their own all the time, as youÂ’ve so demonstrated for me.
                        You'd need be more precise, but at any rate democrats don't excuse treason or crimes against democracy such as election fraud.

Comment

So what thing of value did Trump actually receive from a foreign country?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It’s on spot Jimmy. Democrats always make excuses for the crimes or bad decisions of other democrats, while demonizing their opponents when they do the same thing. Look how they acted towards the Clinton impeachment vs the Trump impeachment. Examples in hypocrisy were everywhere.
                            To the point that Trump's lawyers used the previous statements of Democrats to defend the President.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Btw, you constantly use "then" in place of "than." Be more careful or I'll report you to, CP.
                              You mean I mix up similar words and phrases, like dyslexics typically do?

That's what I said, concerning a sexual affair.
                              No you didn’t, you didn’t include the lying under oath thing. Why not?

Too bad the democrats couldn’t be bothered to charge him with doing that.

Apparently your republican reps disagreed with you.
                              Jimmy, it takes 10 seconds to find evidence that you’re wrong. Impeachment is reserved for high crimes, breaking a law isn’t always a ‘high crime’.

Is that right? So why then do you suppose he all of a sudden froze the aid that he had previously had no problem with sending?
                              The Ukraine has been sent weapons Jimmy, what did the Obama administration send?

You'd need be more precise, but at any rate democrats don't excuse treason or crimes against democracy such as election fraud.
                              Democrats didn’t charge him with election fraud either. Do you even know what the impeachment articles said?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You mean I mix up similar words and phrases, like dyslexics typically do?

No you didn’t, you didn’t include the lying under oath thing. Why not?

Too bad the democrats couldn’t be bothered to charge him with doing that.

Jimmy, it takes 10 seconds to find evidence that you’re wrong. Impeachment is reserved for high crimes, breaking a law isn’t always a ‘high crime’.

The Ukraine has been sent weapons Jimmy, what did the Obama administration send?

Democrats didn’t charge him with election fraud either. Do you even know what the impeachment articles said?
                                Obama sent more than pillows and sheets, blankets and pillows. The rub was whether "lethal" weapons should be sent, Obama was reluctant to being dragged into a proxy war. At the time many on the right were increasingly calling for more Europeans to shoulder the costs of opposing Russia!

I am not sure how many on the right are willing to find any essential American interest in Ukraine, whether in congress or on Tweb.

Comment