Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Keeping America Secure

  1. #1
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    83

    Keeping America Secure

    Jail or shoot socialists. The fine citizens of Montana elect the best and the brightest to the highest offices of this land. https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...cialists-to-be

    All together now, follow the bouncing ball: "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. . . . ."

    All we Republicans need to do is to elect more such men, like Steve King of Iowa, and Rodney Garcia.

    If you study the constitution, as Garcia has, then you would know that if you are found guilty of being a socialist, then you go to jail or be shot. Any volunteers to man the firing squads?

    Now there's a man that knows how to deal with enemies of the state.

  2. #2
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,976
    Amen (Given)
    5252
    Amen (Received)
    22994
    Wait. What? You are a Republican? Did you get lost at voter registration or something?


  3. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Wait. What? You are a Republican? Did you get lost at voter registration or something?

    Yes I am a Republican, the sort of Republican who is not comfortable with the fact that Republicans are choosing "that sort" of Republican. And I am a Christian that is uncomfortable with the fact that it is likely that Christians are voting for "that sort" of Republican.

    I suppose you see no problem with such politicians.

  4. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
  5. #4
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Yes I am a Republican, the sort of Republican who is not comfortable with the fact that Republicans are choosing "that sort" of Republican. And I am a Christian that is uncomfortable with the fact that it is likely that Christians are voting for "that sort" of Republican.

    I suppose you see no problem with such politicians.
    Just out of curiosity, would you happen to be the kind of Christian who is more comfortable with Pete Buttigieg and "that sort" of Christianity?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  7. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would you happen to be the kind of Christian who is more comfortable with Pete Buttigieg and "that sort" of Christianity?
    No.

    Just out of curiosity, what have I written which would suggest that?

  8. #6
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    No.

    Just out of curiosity, what have I written which would suggest that?
    A whole bunch of... um..... quite honestly, it just seems like you want to be contrary.

    You seem like the little guy in the bar who keeps going up to people saying "hey, did you hear what he said about....."
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #7
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    A whole bunch of... um..... quite honestly, it just seems like you want to be contrary.

    You seem like the little guy in the bar who keeps going up to people saying "hey, did you hear what he said about....."
    So, do you think the proper response is to pretend that such men as King and Garcia do not exist within the Republican universe? That conservatism is best served by ignoring the story?

  10. #8
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,976
    Amen (Given)
    5252
    Amen (Received)
    22994
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Yes I am a Republican, the sort of Republican who is not comfortable with the fact that Republicans are choosing "that sort" of Republican. And I am a Christian that is uncomfortable with the fact that it is likely that Christians are voting for "that sort" of Republican.

    I suppose you see no problem with such politicians.
    I just notice that your stance on just about every civics/politica topic here on Theologyweb is about as liberal as they come. Your claiming to be a Republican seems a bit at odds with your political views. Heck a LOT of at odds.

  11. Amen mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  12. #9
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    So, do you think the proper response is to pretend that such men as King and Garcia do not exist within the Republican universe? That conservatism is best served by ignoring the story?
    What story?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  13. #10
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I just notice that your stance on just about every civics/politica topic here on Theologyweb is about as liberal as they come. Your claiming to be a Republican seems a bit at odds with your political views. Heck a LOT of at odds.
    Except I do not accept that the real conservative, the real Republican, should accept the existence of views like King and Garcia as part of the Republican, conservative political coalition.

    Which leads to the question of whether you see those views as consistent with being a Republican.

  14. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •