Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I could use some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some advice.

With how much has happened but also how much could happen I feel anxious and confused. A little apprehensive even to be honest.

I am trying to do the right thing.

I suppose I could use some advice.
    sigpic

You probably need to be a bit more specific unless you want advice so generalized as to be effectively worthless.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You probably need to be a bit more specific unless you want advice so generalized as to be effectively worthless.
      Allright.

At this point in my life I am planning on going for my masters. I have enough money saved up to do so. However savings dont last forever. I signed up for a workforce thing but as of yet have not gotten anywhere with it. Most of the things I find on ziprecruiter look like scams.

I want to work but more than that I want to be a good person. I want to give back to the people that have helped me.

I dont want to be presumptuous. Something could be right around the corner and I simply dont know yet.

I want to do things that help people. I want to be able to take care of myself. I want to be able to make sense of things going on in life.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        Allright.

At this point in my life I am planning on going for my masters. I have enough money saved up to do so. However savings dont last forever. I signed up for a workforce thing but as of yet have not gotten anywhere with it. Most of the things I find on ziprecruiter look like scams.

I want to work but more than that I want to be a good person. I want to give back to the people that have helped me.

I dont want to be presumptuous. Something could be right around the corner and I simply dont know yet.

I want to do things that help people. I want to be able to take care of myself. I want to be able to make sense of things going on in life.
        It might be old fashioned but... smiley old.gifWhen I was your age... we went down to the unemployment office where there were lots of job listings -- and the unemployment folks took a mighty dim view to scammers or places offering x then telling you they pay y when you show up.

Also check with friends, classmates, neighbors if they know of any good jobs available.

Right now there are literally millions more jobs than there are people to fill them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some job sites, such as Indeed, do have rankings for employers. You need to take them with a grain of salt; a lot of people only rate things when they're upset, and a lot of people who screwed up and got themselves fired will give "their" side of the story with one star, but if you consistently see low ratings with the same story, you know something is likely up.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

May the Lord lead you! I find comfort in the verse saying "if anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask..." (James 1:5).

Blessing and grace,
            Lee
            "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment