Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bitter Nancy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    You delude yourself. "Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#792a42481af3

The best that can be said is that he hasn't screwed up what he inherited - YET.
    Give them time, they never fail to screw it up. Then they blame the mess on, and turn the mess back over to, the democrats to clean up, as they did in 2008 to Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      You delude yourself. "Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#792a42481af3

The best that can be said is that he hasn't screwed up what he inherited - YET.
      Yeah, we've been over this before. Without factoring in the labor participation rate, which was at a 40-year low under Obama, the unemployment number is basically meaningless, because few people looking for work will decrease the unemployment rate even if those people simply gave up looking because they couldn't find a job.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yeah, we've been over this before. Without factoring in the labor participation rate, which was at a 40-year low under Obama, the unemployment number is basically meaningless, because few people looking for work will decrease the unemployment rate even if those people simply gave up looking because they couldn't find a job.
        I will stick with the Forbes assessment rather than your Trump talking points. Forbes is a respected and authoritative source and in line with many other similar opinions on this topic.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Give them time, they never fail to screw it up. Then they blame the mess on, and turn the mess back over to, the democrats to clean up, as they did in 2008 to Obama.
          "For the 2020 fiscal year, the federal budget deficit is expected to hit a massive $1 trillion—the first time in U.S. history that it will have expanded so rapidly in a time of peace and prosperity".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp.../#52c55fba2cfc

How else could Trump afford tax cuts for the wealthiest people?
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            I will stick with the Forbes assessment rather than your Trump talking points. Forbes is a respected and authoritative source and in line with many other similar opinions on this topic.
            Sure, you can appeal to the genetic fallacy if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              "For the 2020 fiscal year, the federal budget deficit is expected to hit a massive $1 trillion—the first time in U.S. history that it will have expanded so rapidly in a time of peace and prosperity".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp.../#52c55fba2cfc

How else could Trump afford tax cuts for the wealthiest people?
              I know. Interesting how we don't hear the right anymore ranting about the rising debt now that it's a republican raising it, and without good reason to.

Comment

I know. Interesting how we don't hear the right anymore ranting about the rising debt now that it's a republican raising it, and without good reason to.
                Well we figure the world is gonna end in 12 years anyway so why worry?

ScreenHunter_.jpg

ETA: Make that 11 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Well we figure the world is gonna end in 12 years anyway so why worry?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42697[/ATTACH]

ETA: Make that 11 now.
                  The world as we know it is going to end if the global warming denialist continue in their ignorance and support unprincipled lying rogues like Trump.

Comment

The world as we know it is going to end if the global warming denialist continue in their ignorance and support unprincipled lying rogues like Trump.
                    We were supposed to have all starved to death 30 years ago. Did it happen?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      I prefer unprincipled lying trumps like rogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        We were supposed to have all starved to death 30 years ago. Did it happen?
                        Hyperbolic nonsense as usual.

Comment

Right so when the banks collapse we won't have to pay back the national debt. Easy Peasy.

Comment

Hyperbolic nonsense as usual.
                            Hyperbole? It was in a popular book called, “The Population Bomb.” That was one of the major reasons China enacted its one child policy. It’s not hyperbole at all, but an actual prediction that turned out to be false with other false predictions. That’s why so many doubters exist, because dire predictions turned out to be false.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Hyperbole? It was in a popular book called, “The Population Bomb.” That was one of the major reasons China enacted its one child policy. It’s not hyperbole at all, but an actual prediction that turned out to be false with other false predictions. That’s why so many doubters exist, because dire predictions turned out to be false.
                              Population? We're talking climate change Lipix, the conclusions of 99% of scientists, not the 1968 predictions of one University Professor concerning overpopulation.

Comment

Population? We're talking climate change Lipix, the conclusions of 99% of scientists, not the 1968 predictions of one University Professor concerning overpopulation.
                                My dear sweet Jimmy, the idea humanity is destroying the world is tied directly into works like ‘The Population Bomb’ because environmental disaster was a central idea, which was all based on faulty reasoning and bad assumptions. Many people stop listening when such dire claims are made that don’t pan out. The environmentalist movement is filled with such things. That’s why lots of people blow them off.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment