Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Bitter Nancy...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    But, but, does this mean the sun doesn't rise and set every day? This means we HAVE to say instead that the earth has revolved another half turn???

We've been lied to for thousands of years!!!!

Being a Trump supporter you obviously wouldn't know the difference between a lie from the truth.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Being a Trump supporter you obviously wouldn't know the difference between a lie from the truth.
    You know mossy is Canadian, right?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

3. Amen Christian3, mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You know mossy is Canadian, right?
    Yes, I do.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Oh, so you're being WILLFULLY stupid then.

Carry on.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

6. Amen seer, mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The SOTU has not been anything else for decades. But you'd have to know more than CNN or MSNBC spoon feeds you foreigners. Regardless, there were several moments worth praising, and JimL did nothing to distinguish them from the campaigning stuff. He called it ALL "pathetic", which betrays his hyper-partisan hatred. He's a good little leftist after all.

The twisting and nitpicking in that article is fantastic. Not 7 Million jobs, 6.7 Million...
    Keep in mind these are the same folks who declared Trump was lying during the previous SOTU address when he said a third of the women and girls illegally entering the country get assaulted. They were nitpicking that the statistic usually cited has it at 31%.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Keep in mind these are the same folks who declared Trump was lying during the previous SOTU address when he said a third of the women and girls illegally entering the country get assaulted. They were nitpicking that the statistic usually cited has it at 31%.
    Reminds me of Sam.

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The SOTU has not been anything else for decades.
    Not so, this is your biased rationalization of typical Trump self-serving performance art.

But you'd have to know more than CNN or MSNBC spoon feeds you foreigners.
    CNN and MSNBC certainly plus ABC Australia and the BBC – all of which are relatively non-partisan and consistent as opposed to Fox’s shameless propaganda.

Regardless, there were several moments worth praising, and JimL did nothing to distinguish them from the campaigning stuff. He called it ALL "pathetic", which betrays his hyper-partisan hatred. He's a good little leftist after all.
    The SOTU is NOT for electioneering.

The twisting and nitpicking in that article is fantastic. Not 7 Million jobs, 6.7 Million...
    Interesting that you feel you need so many emojis. No “twisting and nitpicking” - I suggest you re-read it without your Trump-colored glasses:

“The president twisted the facts when he said his administration “launched the great American comeback” ending “years of economic decay.” “Actually, as we reported three years ago when he took office, the economy was already experiencing steady growth in output, jobs and incomes in the years before he took office.

GDP — Trump boasted that “our economy is the best it has ever been,” which isn’t true.

As of the most recent official estimate the nation’s real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product grew 2.3% last year. It grew 2.9% in 2018 and also in 2015, before Trump’s tenure. And it grew 3.8% in 2004 and 3.5% in 2005”.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/fa...f-the-union-3/

The usual self-aggrandizing Trump lies.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.