Thread: Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/...onal-best.aspx

President Donald Trump's job approval rating has risen to 49%, his highest in Gallup polling since he took office in 2017. Half of registered voters say Trump deserves to be re-elected. Trump's approval rating has risen because of higher ratings among both Republicans and independents. His 94% approval rating among Republicans is up six percentage points from early January and is three points higher than his previous best among his fellow partisans. The 42% approval rating among independents is up five points, and ties three other polls as his best among that group. Democratic approval is 7%, down slightly from 10%.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

2. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't really care what polls say. I just look at my life and ask, "Am I and the people I know doing better than before?" and the answer is "yes"

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't really care what polls say. I just look at my life and ask, "Am I and the people I know doing better than before?" and the answer is "yes"
    In what ways are they doing better?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The "are you better off than you were four years ago" question posed by Reagan in 1980.

It's amusing to listen to some liberals trying to get people to believe that the economy is really a shambles. Sort of the "who are you going to believe, me? Or your lying eyes."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Better standard of living, more money, more savings.

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Better standard of living, more money, more savings.
    Doesn't that always happen to everyone over time as they age and save? (Short of some sort of truly massive recession or somesuch)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The "are you better off than you were four years ago" question posed by Reagan in 1980.

It's amusing to listen to some liberals trying to get people to believe that the economy is really a shambles. Sort of the "who are you going to believe, me? Or your lying eyes."
    They can't decide if the economy is doing poorly because of Trump, or doing great because of Obama.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Doesn't that always happen to everyone over time as they age and save? (Short of some sort of truly massive recession or somesuch)
    By nearly every indication the economy is doing great. Unemployment rates (especially for minorities) are at all time record lows. There are literally millions of more jobs than there are people to fill them -- and that's at every end of the spectrum (from unskilled labor to highly skilled labor). Wages are going up steadily forcing even the New York Times to concede that they're finally rising after nearly a decade of recession. In just one quarter in 2018 there was a 3.1% jump in wages and salaries as companies are forced to try to keep hold of their employees. The left's hopeful talk last year of a looming recession has evaporated much to their displeasure (they effectively need a recession to unseat Trump).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Low oil and gasoline prices (thanks to fracking), less dependency on the Middle East
    Inflation is low. But unless he gets a handle on the budget this may not last, because the last-resort solution is to start printing more money
    Low unemployment. "Help Wanted" signs all over the place. I can't remember ever seeing such a large classified section of job openings
    Lowered taxes on middle class

There are several other things he has done that I approve of that indirectly make life better.

15. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No Star, it doesn't. When the stock market does poorly, people lose savings and retirement. And you can only save so much directly, especially when inflation has driven prices sky high. Since Trump has been POTUS, the stock market has sky rocketed, prices have dropped, so not only can I save more for retirement, but it is growing at a faster rate. And my company is doing well so I get better raises and more profit sharing.

My retirement grew very slowly under Obama (and under Bush too so I am not just being partisan here, although under Bush I didn't really have much retirement saved at all) but my retirement under Trump has grown like crazy. I am up 44% from last year (that includes my cash input, my company's profit sharing and matching, and the stock market growth)

17. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.