What are you thankful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you thankful for?

This is a little family tradition I started last year. Every day I ask the kids to name at least one thing they're thankful for (they usually go above and beyond and give several). Mom and I do the same. Big or small, there aren't really any rules other than it can't be the same thing every day.

So, let's do it here. What are some things you're thankful for? I'll start: I'm thankful for my family. It's a good one.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I'm thankful for my wife, my stepdaughter (who helped cement the bond between us), and my stepson (who is the reason we met).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Forgiveness of sins and freedom from the penalty of sin.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm STILL eternally grateful for my daughter who had digressed into sin and despair for nearly 20 years, but who has come home to embrace the God of her Fathers and live for the King.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is overwhelming to be confronted with how many millions of things, literally, need to work in a body just to get it to function optimally or even half way normally. I have seen people suffer and die. Not able to do even the simplest thing like swallow. When I thank God it is for the myriad of things I can do physically and for all the things I have materially. I thank for all the things I can do and all the things I have and all the horrible things I do not have and all the horrible things I do not have to do!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            ... and my stepson (who is the reason we met).
            Would you mind expounding on that a tad?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Would you mind expounding on that a tad?
              He badly wanted to visit an Orthodox church, and mine was the closest. He couldn't drive, so mom took him. My now stepdaughter was just 3-4 months old at the time.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                He badly wanted to visit an Orthodox church, and mine was the closest. He couldn't drive, so mom took him. My now stepdaughter was just 3-4 months old at the time.
                Cool! Thanks for sharing that! I think I remember you saying that before, but forgot. Maybe. I don't remember if I forgot or not.

Comment

I am thankful for being alive and living at a time and place where we have the healthcare to make it possible to live long and healthy lives with a good standard of living.

Comment

Salvation by faith alone through Christ, that I'm still alive (should have died years ago in my sin), my son, his wife and three wonderful grand children. A steady job and the ability to do it, and Laphroaig 10 year old scotch...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Perfect hair.

Comment

I'm thankful for peace--I haven't had peace right off the bat as I've heard in some peoples' testimonies after turning to God, but it's there, and it's growing.

Blessings,
                        Lee
                        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment