Cold Fried Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Fried Chicken

We have a local grocery chain - Brookshire Brothers - that, for whatever reason, has REALLY GOOD fried chicken.

Spiced just right, crispy, delicious.....

We served some the other day to our college students for lunch, and ended up with a box left over, so I had some today for lunch. Cold.

I mean -- COLD, not just "not warm". WOW, it's good!!!!

There are some things that are detestable cold --- fried fish, french fries, tomato soup....

But COLD FRIED CHICKEN? Yumm!!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We have a local grocery chain - Brookshire Brothers - that, for whatever reason, has REALLY GOOD fried chicken.

Spiced just right, crispy, delicious.....

We served some the other day to our college students for lunch, and ended up with a box left over, so I had some today for lunch. Cold.

There are some things that are detestable cold --- fried fish, french fries, tomato soup....

But COLD FRIED CHICKEN? Yumm!!!!!
    I eat cold leftover fried chicken and have for years. I should have told you sooner how good it is. Sorry!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I eat cold leftover fried chicken and have for years. I should have told you sooner how good it is. Sorry!
      How bout cold meatloaf? Leftover meatloaf cut into a sandwich sized slice? Sometimes on toast, sometimes just bread and mayo, or bread and BBQ sauce or A1.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How bout cold meatloaf? Leftover meatloaf cut into a sandwich sized slice? Sometimes on toast, sometimes just bread and mayo, or bread and BBQ sauce or A1.
        I am not a fan of meatloaf, hot or cold. But I think I would rather have it hot.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Both my husband and my son heat up leftover chicken in the microwave, but I prefer it cold.

Comment

After getting extremely sick after eating Vienna Sausages that had cooled off (my mother and grandmother loved them when they got to room temperature) and not being able to eat anything but jello and the like for a few days after I am no fan of eating cooked food cold. Chicken, pizza ... whatever goes into the microwave for enough to warm it up. I always put a damp paper towel on it first and it usually comes out tasting like it was just cooked (no tough pizza crusts and the like)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              After getting extremely sick after eating Vienna Sausages that had cooled off (my mother and grandmother loved them when they got to room temperature) and not being able to eat anything but jello and the like for a few days after I am no fan of eating cooked food cold. Chicken, pizza ... whatever goes into the microwave for enough to warm it up. I always put a damp paper towel on it first and it usually comes out tasting like it was just cooked (no tough pizza crusts and the like)
              For that stuff, I love using my air fryer! My wife loves cold pizza - me, not so much.

I had been turned off to "cold" food that had been cooked because, years ago, I ate some cold fried chicken and french fries, and got a really bad cramped up tummy because of the cold fat* of the french fries, I'd presume. It was the only time in my whole life that I wasn't a "regular guy".

*back in the good old days before fries were cooked in VEGETABLE oil, and were fried in good ol' fashion LARD.

Comment

Welcome... welcome to utopia.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Welcome... welcome to utopia.
                  The only problem with eating cold fried chicken is... um... that's what Lee Harvey Oswald ate while he waited to assassinate JKF*.

*assuming, of course, that he did it, whether alone or in concert with others, or at the behest of the Russians, or....

Comment

The only problem with eating cold fried chicken is... um... that's what Lee Harvey Oswald ate while he waited to assassinate JKF*.

*assuming, of course, that he did it, whether alone or in concert with others, or at the behest of the Russians, or....
                    For me, I could eat fried chicken daily. My nickname in the AF was Mr. Bojangles. There are some places that their chicken is only good cold. Truth.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      For me, I could eat fried chicken daily. My nickname in the AF was Mr. Bojangles. There are some places that their chicken is only good cold. Truth.
                      Southern Baptist Pastor, patting his waistline.... "this belt is just a fence around a chicken graveyard".

Comment

Any leftover meat, left out long enough (a few hours, generally), will do that to you. A navy buddy decided to breakfast on steak that had been left out overnight, went into convulsions a couple hours later and had to be evacuated by ambulance.

Your brudder is talking about leftover meat put in the fridge and taken out later to eat.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Any leftover meat, left out long enough (a few hours, generally), will do that to you. A navy buddy decided to breakfast on steak that had been left out overnight, went into convulsions a couple hours later and had to be evacuated by ambulance.

Your brudder is talking about leftover meat put in the fridge and taken out later to eat.
                          Yuh.

Comment

After getting extremely sick after eating Vienna Sausages that had cooled off ....
                            When I was dating my soon-to-be wife, I was on duty at our local PD on Easter, and stopped by my soon-to-be wife's house for lunch -- I was late getting there because of work, so I had a ham sandwich and some deviled eggs, then went back on patrol.

Some hours later, I had stopped a car for speeding, and while I was standing by the car talking to the lady through the window, I felt a sudden "upsettedness", and excused myself, walked around behind her car, and threw up in the ditch by the side of the road. Weird, but I felt just fine, so I went back to her window to continue the traffic stop. I got her license and registration and was walking back to my car, when I felt that "upsettedness" again, and walked to the ditch and thew up again.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up in the ER of the hospital, where I spent the next three days recovering from food poisoning.

Supposedly, it was the mayonnaise I had put on the ham in the sandwich, and which was in the deviled eggs. That's the story my wife tells. I still suspect my soon-to-be mother-in-law was trying to kill me.

Comment

cold pizza

Comment