Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold Fried Chicken

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    For me, I could eat fried chicken daily. My nickname in the AF was Mr. Bojangles. There are some places that their chicken is only good cold. Truth.
    Southern Baptist Pastor, patting his waistline.... "this belt is just a fence around a chicken graveyard".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    After getting extremely sick after eating Vienna Sausages that had cooled off (my mother and grandmother loved them when they got to room temperature) and not being able to eat anything but jello and the like for a few days after I am no fan of eating cooked food cold. Chicken, pizza ... whatever goes into the microwave for enough to warm it up. I always put a damp paper towel on it first and it usually comes out tasting like it was just cooked (no tough pizza crusts and the like)
    Any leftover meat, left out long enough (a few hours, generally), will do that to you. A navy buddy decided to breakfast on steak that had been left out overnight, went into convulsions a couple hours later and had to be evacuated by ambulance.

Your brudder is talking about leftover meat put in the fridge and taken out later to eat.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Any leftover meat, left out long enough (a few hours, generally), will do that to you. A navy buddy decided to breakfast on steak that had been left out overnight, went into convulsions a couple hours later and had to be evacuated by ambulance.

Your brudder is talking about leftover meat put in the fridge and taken out later to eat.
    Yuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I mean -- COLD, not just "not warm". WOW, it's good!!!!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    After getting extremely sick after eating Vienna Sausages that had cooled off ....
    When I was dating my soon-to-be wife, I was on duty at our local PD on Easter, and stopped by my soon-to-be wife's house for lunch -- I was late getting there because of work, so I had a ham sandwich and some deviled eggs, then went back on patrol.

Some hours later, I had stopped a car for speeding, and while I was standing by the car talking to the lady through the window, I felt a sudden "upsettedness", and excused myself, walked around behind her car, and threw up in the ditch by the side of the road. Weird, but I felt just fine, so I went back to her window to continue the traffic stop. I got her license and registration and was walking back to my car, when I felt that "upsettedness" again, and walked to the ditch and thew up again.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up in the ER of the hospital, where I spent the next three days recovering from food poisoning.

Supposedly, it was the mayonnaise I had put on the ham in the sandwich, and which was in the deviled eggs. That's the story my wife tells. I still suspect my soon-to-be mother-in-law was trying to kill me.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    cold pizza

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    cold pizza
    and warm beer?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    and warm beer?
    no.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I like to put chocolate pop-tarts in the freezer. They get soft, and start tasting like a double chocolate ice cream sandwich.

Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So you like your chicken crispy, like before the warm?
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Depends on the place or the recipe for me.

Cold chicken from a place that does not fry it well is one of my personal pet peeves.