Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127

Thread: I'm A Bigot

  1. #101
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21260
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    He could elegantly sling BS?
    Maybe they actually believed his claim that the earth itself was responding to his nomination. You know, the "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal" claim.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #102
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    271
    Amen (Given)
    45
    Amen (Received)
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    IIRC the Nobel Peace Prize committee made it very clear that they weren't awarding Obama the Peace Prize for what they thought he could accomplish but instead for what he already had done. This of course led people to ask just what was it that he did, which naturally led to the sound of
    Well, yeah. What he had already done was become the first black US president. They got all goose-pimply over that, and they couldn't even wait until he'd been in office for a year to see what he would actually do first.

    Of course, leftist/progressives here will argue that it was something else: "It's because he wasn't Bush. It's because he was laying a foundation for peace. It's because he wore nice, trendy suits." But we all know better.

    Now, if you were to say "Obama navigated the hostile waters of American prejudice and systemic racism, and overcame them to become the first ever minority President of the United States", they'll say "Well, OK then." But if you simply say "He got the prize because he's black" then it becomes "Racist! Racist! Blah blah blah!" So because it's such a touchy subject and can be problematic in the wording, they'd rather just pin it on him for something completely different and then do the nod-nod-wink-wink schtick.

    But no matter how many times they say it, it just isn't true. Just like Xi saying he rules over the "Democratic" Republic of China. He can say it all he wants but the rest of us know better.

  3. #103
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Well, yeah. What he had already done was become the first black US president. They got all goose-pimply over that, and they couldn't even wait until he'd been in office for a year to see what he would actually do first.

    Of course, leftist/progressives here will argue that it was something else: "It's because he wasn't Bush. It's because he was laying a foundation for peace. It's because he wore nice, trendy suits." But we all know better.

    Now, if you were to say "Obama navigated the hostile waters of American prejudice and systemic racism, and overcame them to become the first ever minority President of the United States", they'll say "Well, OK then." But if you simply say "He got the prize because he's black" then it becomes "Racist! Racist! Blah blah blah!" So because it's such a touchy subject and can be problematic in the wording, they'd rather just pin it on him for something completely different and then do the nod-nod-wink-wink schtick.
    A lot of the reason appears to have been the simple fact that he wasn't Bush.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    But no matter how many times they say it, it just isn't true. Just like Xi saying he rules over the "Democratic" Republic of China. He can say it all he wants but the rest of us know better.
    IIRC Bloomberg was talking about how Xi has to answer to his "constituency." Apparently he has no idea that communist dictators aren't actually elected.
    Last edited by rogue06; 02-17-2020 at 12:00 PM.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  4. #104
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,833
    Amen (Given)
    2036
    Amen (Received)
    5584
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Maybe they actually believed his claim that the earth itself was responding to his nomination. You know, the "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal" claim.
    The ONE
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqgC1tqifV8

  5. #105
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    271
    Amen (Given)
    45
    Amen (Received)
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    A lot of the reason appears to have been the simple fact that he wasn't Bush.
    Again, that's their claim, which makes no sense. Odds are that anyone who took office after Bush retired would not be Bush.

    But if they actually convinced themselves that that's really why they were awarding him the prize, then they are bigger fools than I thought.

    IIRC Bloomberg was talking about how Xi has to answer to his "constituency." Apparently he has no idea that communist dictators aren't actually elected.
    And he wants to be president.

    I remember when GWBush first took office and claimed that Mexico was our "closest" ally. Tony Blair was visibly rattled. I gave Bush the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant geographically.

  6. #106
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21260
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    The ONE
    The Obamessiah!

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  7. #107
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post

    I remember when GWBush first took office and claimed that Mexico was our "closest" ally. Tony Blair was visibly rattled. I gave Bush the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant geographically.
    And since Canuckistan doesn't really count...

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  8. #108
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,436
    Amen (Given)
    2029
    Amen (Received)
    1626
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Exactly what is nonsense?
    You need to read the whole article seer, not just post the part of it that suits your argument. For one thing evolutionary psychology with respect to genetics and rape is just an hypothesis, for another it's an hypothesis with no evidence to support it and much that undermines it. Read the whole article!

  9. #109
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,436
    Amen (Given)
    2029
    Amen (Received)
    1626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Why?
    Probably for the same reason you admire them. Why do you admire them?

  10. #110
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,833
    Amen (Given)
    2036
    Amen (Received)
    5584
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    You need to read the whole article seer, not just post the part of it that suits your argument. For one thing evolutionary psychology with respect to genetics and rape is just an hypothesis, for another it's an hypothesis with no evidence to support it and much that undermines it. Read the whole article!
    Well where is your evidence that homosexuality is genetic?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqgC1tqifV8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •