Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: I'm A Bigot

  1. #21
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,214
    Amen (Given)
    2793
    Amen (Received)
    1768
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    The only Democrat I would even consider voting for is Gabbard. I think the rest are lunatics.
    Ok. Then why is it relevant that you wouldn't vote for Pete?

  2. #22
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    211
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Nope, if Trump was openly making out or carrying on with a mistress I would have a problem. If Buttigieg ended his relationship or at least went back into the closet I would have less of a problem with him.

    I worked on a book with a guy back in the 90s for about six years. I slowly got the sense that he was gay because of certain subjects he would avoid (girlfriend, past girlfriends, or anything along those lines). I knew just about everything else about this guy. So out of curiosity, I point-blank asked him one day if he was gay. His answer was yes, but he didn't like to advertise it. He mentioned a couple more times later since the cat was out of the bag. I thought that was fine. I was married and I never talked about my marriage to him, about our relationship or our honeymoon, or showed him pictures of us hugging or anything. We're both private that way. Worked out well.

  3. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Those aren't optics. I don't see photos of "thrice married" and "serial adultery" (assuming the latter is even true).
    Yes because 'optics' only refers to things you can literally see, not how something "looks."

    If you don't know Trump is a serial adulterer then I'm not sure what to say. It's not like it's a secret. Or that he's a rapist, for that matter.


    How come liberals couldn't care less about adultery when Bill Clinton was running the show? Now it's suddenly a show-stopper?
    I cared then and I care now. Search my post history if you don't believe me.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 02-08-2020 at 10:30 PM.

  4. #24
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,289
    Amen (Given)
    1951
    Amen (Received)
    5465
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Yes because 'optics' only refers to things you can literally see, not how something "looks."

    If you don't know Trump is a serial adulterer then I'm not sure what to say. It's not like it's a secret. Or that he's a rapist, for that matter.

    I cared then and I care now. Search my post history if you don't believe me.
    So you care about adultery but not homosexuality? Why?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  5. Amen Esther amen'd this post.
  6. #25
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    211
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Yes because 'optics' only refers to things you can literally see, not how something "looks."

    If you don't know Trump is a serial adulterer then I'm not sure what to say. It's not like it's a secret. Or that he's a rapist, for that matter.
    Since I don't have access to his bedroom, I don't know that it is true. I know the Russia collusion and hooker "pee tape" accusations were untrue.

    I cared then and I care now. Search my post history if you don't believe me.
    If you say so. I admire consistency

  7. #26
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    211
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Ok. Then why is it relevant that you wouldn't vote for Pete?
    It's a premise. Even if he had a different platform I couldn't vote for him.

  8. #27
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    So you care about adultery but not homosexuality? Why?
    Fair question.

    If someone is an admitted homosexual and in a committed relationship with a same sex partner then it's up to them to sell that to the voters. If they succeed (we aren't there as a country) then I'm ok with it.

    I actually have something of an issue with closeted homosexuality because that's something which could be used to blackmail a politician or leak out at a bad time to harm the political environment. Also it's something the voters didn't get to weigh in on.

    If a president was in some sort of "open" marriage and could sell that to the voters I guess I'd be with it.

    If a president is having secret affairs then that's something the voters didn't weigh in on and it is something which could leak to embarass the president or be used for blackmail.

  9. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    615
    Amen (Given)
    76
    Amen (Received)
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Since I don't have access to his bedroom, I don't know that it is true.
    He paid off Stormy Daniels. That's proof that he had an affair with her.

    I know the Russia collusion and hooker "pee tape" accusations were untrue.
    You don't have proof of either of these claims. If so, share with the class.

  10. #29
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    211
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    He paid off Stormy Daniels. That's proof that he had an affair with her.
    A payoff proves she accused him of adultery and it would make him look bad if that got out. It's probably true, but you said serial adulterer.

    You don't have proof of either of these claims. If so, share with the class.
    The onus of "proof" is with the accusers. No evidence, just claims coming from a paid foreign agent. Where's the "pee tape"? Where is the evidence of collusion? If there was any actual evidence (instead of Democratic weasel words) Trump would have been impeached based on it. Nothing. Just a Ukraine phone call impeachment that was stillborn.

    But this is getting pretty far away from the optics of a man kissing a man going down in Muslim nations.

  11. #30
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,289
    Amen (Given)
    1951
    Amen (Received)
    5465
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  12. Amen Ronson, Esther amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •