Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alexander Vindman and his twin brother were abruptly fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The thread title is a bit disingenuous.... when a military officer is "reassigned", you don't call that "fired". Even Snopes has a hard time buying this narrative.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42656[/ATTACH]

What's True
    O'Brien said during an interview that Vindman, like other NSC staff at the White House, would eventually be rotated back to his own department.

What's False
    However, O'Brien did not state that Vindman had been "fired" or "removed" from the NSC, nor did he offer a timeline for when Vindman would be rotated back to his department.

Unless somebody can demonstrate that Vindman was reduced in rank, stripped of rank, lost or received a decrease in pay, lost benefits, and/or is no longer serving in the military, it's nonsense to say he was "fired".
    Only a birdbrain would fail recognize Vindmans removal, as well as his brothers, as retaliation. That is against the whistleblower law, but we now know that Trump, who doesn't concern himself with the law, is immune from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      I like it the other way. Adds some flair!
      Yeah, if you want to call hiding the transcript in a highly secure server "sunshine."

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Only a birdbrain
        Jim, buddy, I thought we were way past calling names and throwing insults.

would fail recognize Vindmans removal,
        Removal from what, Jim? He still has his rank (and can insist on people referring to him by it) as well as his pay, his pension, his benefits...

as well as his brothers, as retaliation.
        If it's truly retaliation, Jim, he has an appeal process available to him, and if proven, Trump will have been shown to violate the law.

That is against the whistleblower law,
        No, actually it's not. I listed the cite, the site, and enumerated the qualifications.

but we now know that Trump, who doesn't concern himself with the law, is immune from it.
        He's immune from frivolous lawsuits, yes.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Point being the so called rat was Trumps own guy.

Comment

Has Jimmy condemned Obama yet for giving cushy ambassadorships to his donators?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Has Jimmy condemned Obama yet for giving cushy ambassadorships to his donators?
              Acting like a politician is ONLY bad if it's being done by the right.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Point being the so called rat was Trumps own guy.
                Point is you condemned Trump for what Obama did. Will you condemn it?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Point is you condemned Trump for what Obama did. Will you condemn it?
                  No, my point tp MM was that the so called "rat in hiding" was Trumps own appointee.

Comment

No, my point tp MM was that the so called "rat in hiding" was Trumps own appointee.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I like it the other way. Adds some flare!
                      fify/nc

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        In reality, Eric Ciaramella got a number of facts wildly wrong, but it wasn't necessarily his fault because be wasn't a firsthand witnesses and was just passing on what he had heard from Vindman who lied to Ciaramella about the nature and sunshine of the phone call.
                        Not at all. whatever the source this report was corroborated by numerous witnesses during the House inquiry. And potentially others such as Bolton as well, if Trump had permitted them to testify.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Not at all. whatever the source this report was corroborated by numerous witnesses during the House inquiry.
                          Other folks on the grapevine hearing water cooler gossip don't count.
                          Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          And potentially others such as Bolton as well, if Trump had permitted them to testify.
                          That could have been different if the Democrats hadn't refused to wait for the courts to determine if their subpoenas were valid. And Nancy sitting on the articles for a month put the lie to the claim that speed was of the essence and that they couldn't wait a couple months for that to happen.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Not "water-cooler gossip", unanimous testimony from credible witnesses in good position to know.

That could have been different if the Democrats hadn't refused to wait for the courts to determine if their subpoenas were valid. And Nancy sitting on the articles for a month put the lie to the claim that speed was of the essence and that they couldn't wait a couple months for that to happen.
                            Actually, it could have been different it the Senate was interested in the truth, rather than playing games to protect the president.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

We've all seen the transcript, and it was nothing like what Ciaramella described.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                We've all seen the transcript, and it was nothing like what Ciaramella described.
                                You mean the one about which Schiff just flat out lied?

Comment