Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alexander Vindman and his twin brother were abruptly fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Trumpsters are only Trump-loving Americans (like Trump himself) NOT "democracy loving Americans".
    Yep, they've been making that fact quite clear.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Military officers/enlisted get ‘fired’ all the time. The President is the Commander in Chief and can move military personnel where he pleases. You obviously know nothing about how the military operates. The idea the president can’t tell military officers he no longer trust them and wants them gone, being illegal, is the stupidest thing I ever heard.
      You make an excellent point, it is not "obviously gross and likely illegal".

But how is your response not an attack? Do you really think that such a post would not be seen as an attack if it was directed at any number of persons here?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

But how is your response not an attack? Do you really think that such a post would not be seen as an attack if it was directed at any number of persons here?
        You really must enjoy looking so hard for something to get upset and offended over.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          What, exactly, do you think Alexander's brother did that was wrong?
          What do you think is "obviously gross and likely illegal"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            You really must enjoy looking so hard for something to get upset and offended over.
            Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you consider an attack. Is Lilpixie's post an attack or not?

Or is it not an attack because it was aimed at an atheist?

Comment

Go put on your big-girl panties, princess.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                What, exactly, do you think Alexander's brother did that was wrong?
                He chose his DNA poorly.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

1) Were the Vindman swamp-rats actually "fired," or merely "reassigned"? It has often been pointed out that it is easier to divorce a spouse than to actually "fire" a government employee.

2) Since the entire power of the Executive branch is ultimately solely vested in POTUS, I can't imagine how any law could Constitutionally prevent him from firing or reassigning any subordinates, for any reason or no reason. POTUS has the right -- and responsibility -- to surround himself with people he believes he can trust.

3) As I understand it, the lesser-known Twindman was of similar mind-set to his bro, but was less noisy about it. Even if that were not known, Bad Orange Man was wise to *assume* it, and to clean him out with the rest of the muck. Buh-bye.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Go put on your big-girl panties, princess.
                    An excellent response to the post which asks what constitutes an attack, and even asks if the Christian, Rogue, believes that attack has any objective meaning, or if it is entirely subjective and morally relative.

It certainly appears to be rooted in the morally relative worldview!

Comment

It is an attack against people that say ignorant things. Military officers or enlisted leaders get ‘fired’ more often than you think. Often when they do something their CO didn’t like. As the CnC, he can remove any military member he pleases from the WH.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Rats, oh that's what Trumpsters call whistleblowers, and those who speak truth to power, or those like Sondland who tell the truth to save their own butts rather than to lie to save the Don. I'm afraid that they're just not very good democracy loving Americans those Trumpsters.
                        Trumps lack of decency is like a plague. And most of the Christian's on this site have caught it.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Trumps lack of decency is like a plague.
                          He's a successful politician. Of course he's not decent and polite to his enemies. A lot of people seem to appreciate that he 'fights back' against the Democrats who insult and demean them. At leas the basket of deplorables, those bitter clingers-on have someone who fires back.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                          And most of the Christian's on this site have caught it.
                          Most of the posters. Yourself included, bro. Can't fix the problem if you're determined to be part of it.
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you consider an attack. Is Lilpixie's post an attack or not?

Or is it not an attack because it was aimed at an atheist?

Lilpixie does that kind of thing to everyone who has a serious disagreement with her. You're no-one special.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Lilpixie does that kind of thing to everyone who has a serious disagreement with her. You're no-one special.
                              in other words, it is accepted as part of the culture, routine for Tweb. Hmmm, I wonder if cow poke et al., also think it is an accepted part of tweb?

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                It is an attack against people that say ignorant things. Military officers or enlisted leaders get ‘fired’ more often than you think. Often when they do something their CO didn’t like. As the CnC, he can remove any military member he pleases from the WH.
                                And just what do I think in this matter?

An "attack on people who say ignorant things" on a a matter concerning the military (which relatively few are familiar with is accepted.

When someone says ignorant things on the faith, which Christian ARE familiar with, then the strong language which is seen as an attack in off limits..........except when done by certain Christians..............

Comment